Skyline GT-R acceleration squatting

SkylineObsession

Expert daydreamer
Premium
New Zealand
New Zealand
SkylineObsession
Mangosaurus
I'm not the smartest tool in the shed, but have still tried to make some heavy acceleration squatting GT-R's (R32, R33 and R34) in most GT games, but either the physics don't allow it, the cars can't get enough horsepower or grip, or i'm still doing it wrong.

I don't have settings available at the mo to hand out to see where i'm going wrong, but i was hoping that someone here may know how to get the cars to do this when boosting down the straights. I don't care how it handles (or doesn't) around corners, i just want some maxed out horsepower GT-R's to squat so that they look mega fast when accelerating, like in the pic below (ignore the fact the front wheels are off the ground - pretend they aren't).

hqdefault.jpg

I'm not after a permanent squat look either, as that's as easy as maxing out the front height and lowering the back. I want it to lift up and stay that way when accelerating, drop when changing gears, lift up again in the next gear, and so on - and sit flat when idle/neither accelerating or braking.

The desire for this look (for replays) comes from downloading and watching many videos a couple decades ago of R32's squatting at drag strips and generally actually looking like they've got a lot of power.

I recently forked out 1.6m for the R92C V8 engine for the V-Spec II R32, hoping that it'd work better with more horsepower, but it still doesn't work/look quite right. I don't have much time to go on the internet these days (work, 1 year old kid, etc), so if anyone can provide me with settings etc that'd be great/awesome/appreciated, unless - as mentioned - the game physics won't allow what i'm after.

Last edited:
I'm not the smartest tool in the shed, but have still tried to make some heavy acceleration squatting GT-R's (R32, R33 and R34) in most GT games, but either the physics don't allow it, the cars can't get enough horsepower or grip, or i'm still doing it wrong.

I don't have settings available at the mo to hand out to see where i'm going wrong, but i was hoping that someone here may know how to get the cars to do this when boosting down the straights. I don't care how it handles (or doesn't) around corners, i just want some maxed out horsepower GT-R's to squat so that they look mega fast when accelerating, like in the pic below (ignore the fact the front wheels are off the ground - pretend they aren't).

View attachment 1269725

I'm not after a permanent squat look either, as that's as easy as maxing out the front height and lowering the back. I want it to lift up and stay that way when accelerating, drop when changing gears, lift up again in the next gear, and so on - and sit flat when idle/neither accelerating or braking.

The desire for this look (for replays) comes from downloading and watching many videos a couple decades ago of R32's squatting at drag strips and generally actually looking like they've got a lot of power.

I recently forked out 1.6m for the R92C V8 engine for the V-Spec II R32, hoping that it'd work better with more horsepower, but it still doesn't work/look quite right. I don't have much time to go on the internet these days (work, 1 year old kid, etc), so if anyone can provide me with settings etc that'd be great/awesome/appreciated, unless - as mentioned - the game physics won't allow what i'm after.
Firstly, a crap-ton of grip will help - so sticky rear tyres.

You'd then be looking at softening the rear dampers in the compression/bound direction, so they don't resist downward forces. I'd imagine also softening the front dampers in the expansion/rebound direction, so they don't resist upward forces, might help.

I don’t think you will be able to replicate this as the tyres won’t be soft/sticky enough for the power to be applied without wheel spin.Try softening the rear suspension as far as it will go and then get some weight over the back end then it might be possible.

Back