Skyline V-spec R34 Tuning

• Thread starter thaleppes
  • 8 comments
What are the best tunings for a fully-tuned Nissan Skyline V-Spec R34
(the regular V-spec, NOT thre V-spec II) cause I can't find a good setup that it driver at full power....
I'm going for the skyline cup and things like that.
Also want to try it for rallying :dopey:

thx already

Adding stage 4 turbo just makes the car harder to drive.
It is easier to set the suspension up to handle only the stage 2 turbo, (you should be able to win those races you mentioned with that much power), than trying to control a 900 hp monster.
Also remember that with 900 hp you will have to brake a lot earlier than with 600 hp, so usually no set up can help your car corner when you brake to late and carry too much speed into the turn..

dont fit the VCD, the car drives way better without it, even at fully modded the car is brilliant.

Small_Fryz
dont fit the VCD, the car drives way better without it, even at fully modded the car is brilliant.

Yeah, try the setup I posted without VCD and see what you think.

BTW, the NA under Limited Slip means "zero". Eliminate LSD completely.

Honestly, I think having the VCD helps a good bit, actually. At over 1000 hp, the car does tend to understeer a good bit... going into turns as well as coming out of them. So I set the VCD at 25%. This keeps the back end a little looser, making the car respond a little more like an FR, allowing me use that extra power to break the back end off the pavement and swing the car around corners... that alone makes the car corner alot easier at higher speeds.

Of course, that's also how I like to drive anyway... your driving style could be completely different, heh... :sly:

So I tried out some new settings:

spring rate: 14.0 front / 18.0 rear
ride height: minimum
shock rebound: 9 front / 9 rear
stabilizers: 4 front / 4 rear
brake balance 21 front / 15 rear
VCD: 25%
**All other settings at default**

The higher rear spring rate gives the car a little oversteer. And with the brake balance, the higher numbers give it more squeeze for quicker stops (with over 1000 hp, that helps immensely, lol)... and with the front set higher than the rear, this helps make the car lean into turns while braking (assuming you're driving style includes braking at the last minute, like mine often does :eek: ).

Anyway, try them out and see what you think... :P

Back