Skython's Nonsensical Gallery [Porsche! 10/06/15]

• Thread starter Skython
  • 24 comments
New Zealand
beyond down under
Edit: Note to self, don't post a thread in the wrong place...

I've done it! I've been meaning to make the switch to XBox for quite awhile now, but nothing has been worth the push like Forza Horizon 2. I was going to buy a 360, but its life is over now as far as Forza goes, might as well get a new gen console. So after stinging about the place, I got a deal where I saved nearly $200 on an XBox One with Kinect. Brand new and fully functioning too.

So gallery time. Usually I start off with an SLS, or a Viper. But I've been pacing myself here in Forza. There's so many cars to get through, I'm taking my time. The car list is just staggering.

1. Hello, Charger

2. Targa Jaguar

3. The Battle has Begun

4. Sex Appeal... The 037, I mean

5. Exploration

6. Out in the Fields

7. I don't know how to name a photo of a girl without sounding creepy... Sorry.

-----------------

Even naming a photo of a 3D modeled animated girl is creepy... But I'm not sure if it's as creepy or if it's more creepy. Depends on which side of the creepiness you're on, I guess... I should stop talking now..

Post thread in wrong place... Oh cock!

Last edited:
A big thanks to @ImaRobot for commenting, and liking. Very much appreciated.

Another thanks to the following for liking the intro set to the gallery.

@Fezz_ST
@Populuxe Cowboy
@HAL20XX
@BoneSawTX
@dice1998
@FosterG
@SVX
@VXR
@Oso Actual

Anyway, I am back for set two, I've got lots of sets just about ready now. But I'm going to pace myself as usual, but I'll keep taking shots because... Well, amazing new gen graphics.

And as you know, last week FH2's first DLC was released, involving the beautiful Jaguar F-Type... Now, I love this thing. And the reason I haven't posted any images of it anywhere yet is because I was saving it for now. So here, have some F-Type! A car of which I had a crisis upon looking at in the autoshow. :P

1. Europe

2. Sunrise to Sunset

3. Has anyone else noticed that there's always a dud photo name in each set?

4. On the Run

At this point we take a bit of a detour. A sort of glimpse into future updates maybe? I don't know, but more of these cars will be coming up in the future... And that's a definite. First one of my actual favourite cars. Not just in the game, but anywhere.

5. Rainbow 'Dash'

And I'm not talking about Rainbow Dash, the photo is literally a fast car dashing towards a rainbow. Though the connection was quite intentional.

6. The ULTIMAte Scene

And another car I like very much. The Ultima GTR, a car I like from back in the days of V8 Supercars 3 (Toca Race Driver 3).

7. Beautiful Drama

8. Slippery when Wet

And lastly, another car that ranks highly amongst my favourite cars. The 1980 BMW M1!

9. Retro Light

------------------------------​

You see!? I'm starting to get the hang of how to get more out of this graphics engine. Anyone who knows me will be full of confusion and surprise. We are two sets into the new gallery, and there have been no pictures of the Mercedes SLS, or the SRT Viper GTS. Skython, are you dying!? The answer is, "yes." But that's a very slow process that every living thing is currently going through. The better question is: "Skython, are you dying at a faster rate than normal?" And the answer would be, "no. SLS and Viper shots are coming whether you like it or not... So if you don't like it, well sorry. And if you do, then HOORAY!!"

5. Rainbow 'Dash'

And I'm not talking about Rainbow Dash, the photo is literally a fast car dashing towards a rainbow. Though the connection was quite intentional.
Paint it light blue, add a few stripes in the right order, and you've got Rainbow Dash. That's what I did with the Lamborghini Aventedor in FH1 and it was one of my most popular designs with about 60 downloads (and the cutie mark vinyl group I made had over a hundred downloads.)

Paint it light blue, add a few stripes in the right order, and you've got Rainbow Dash. That's what I did with the Lamborghini Aventedor in FH1 and it was one of my most popular designs with about 60 downloads (and the cutie mark vinyl group I made had over a hundred downloads.)

When I was typing up the update, I had a feeling that if you saw that, you'd comment. 👍 If I were to do something like that, I'd probably be more inclined to do an Applejack car (probably a '69 Charger), or a Luna one (not sure what car. Maybe a Jaguar XFR if it was in the game). :D Thanks for popping in, mate. :cheers:

Love #5 and 7. #8 is my style, I love taking the reflection on the tarmac shots!

The reflections are 50% of what makes this graphics engine so amazing, especially the water effects. Thanks, Oso. :cheers:

This must be one of the best shots in the history of Forzatography, period.

That... Is some very high praise :embarrassed:. And it's also taught me a new word... Forzatography. Thank you very much for liking both of the sets, and commenting, Clyde! :cheers:

Just like Clyde, I really love that 8C shot. Well, to be fair, I love this whole update you posted. Do more. Do more right meow.

Okay... *posts another update*

HA! You thought I'd do that!? I know that you'd think it was purrfect if I did, but I have to scratch that idea... I'm such a mean person, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it. Well, I did.. But not the cruel tone. :lol: Thanks for the visit, and the comment. :cheers:

And another thanks to the following for liking the most recent update but didn't comment.

@BoneSawTX
@SVX
@HAL20XX
@FosterG
@ImaRobot

Very much appreciated from all you guys. :cheers:

Great pics, Alex. :cheers: I really missed the Ultima. Last time I remember driving it was V8SC3 as well. :P

When I was typing up the update, I had a feeling that if you saw that, you'd comment. 👍 If I were to do something like that, I'd probably be more inclined to do an Applejack car (probably a '69 Charger), or a Luna one (not sure what car. Maybe a Jaguar XFR if it was in the game). :D Thanks for popping in, mate. :cheers:

You know me too well. I did the entire cast plus side characters in FH1. My Applejack was a 2013 Mustang Shelby and my Luna was a GT-R. You could only share 30 designs, but they were all MLP, and some of them were very popular.

By the way, I really like this BMW parked on the black and white tiled sidewalk. Very continental.
9. Retro Light

A big thanks to @ImaRobot for commenting, and liking. Very much appreciated.

Another thanks to the following for liking the intro set to the gallery.

@Fezz_ST
@Populuxe Cowboy
@HAL20XX
@BoneSawTX
@dice1998
@FosterG
@SVX
@VXR
@Oso Actual

Anyway, I am back for set two, I've got lots of sets just about ready now. But I'm going to pace myself as usual, but I'll keep taking shots because... Well, amazing new gen graphics.

And as you know, last week FH2's first DLC was released, involving the beautiful Jaguar F-Type... Now, I love this thing. And the reason I haven't posted any images of it anywhere yet is because I was saving it for now. So here, have some F-Type! A car of which I had a crisis upon looking at in the autoshow. :P

1. Europe

2. Sunrise to Sunset

3. Has anyone else noticed that there's always a dud photo name in each set?

4. On the Run

At this point we take a bit of a detour. A sort of glimpse into future updates maybe? I don't know, but more of these cars will be coming up in the future... And that's a definite. First one of my actual favourite cars. Not just in the game, but anywhere.

5. Rainbow 'Dash'

6. The ULTIMAte Scene

And another car I like very much. The Ultima GTR, a car I like from back in the days of V8 Supercars 3 (Toca Race Driver 3).

7. Beautiful Drama

8. Slippery when Wet

And lastly, another car that ranks highly amongst my favourite cars. The 1980 BMW M1!

9. Retro Light

------------------------------​

You see!? I'm starting to get the hang of how to get more out of this graphics engine. Anyone who knows me will be full of confusion and surprise. We are two sets into the new gallery, and there have been no pictures of the Mercedes SLS, or the SRT Viper GTS. Skython, are you dying!? The answer is, "yes." But that's a very slow process that every living thing is currently going through. The better question is: "Skython, are you dying at a faster rate than normal?" And the answer would be, "no. SLS and Viper shots are coming whether you like it or not... So if you don't like it, well sorry. And if you do, then HOORAY!!"

Very nice group of shots Skython, love the Jaguars.

Great pics, Alex. :cheers: I really missed the Ultima. Last time I remember driving it was V8SC3 as well. :P

👍 There's a reason I painted mine blue. :D

VXR
Yeah, keep sharing! Those 8C shots are beautiful. The whole lot are top class.

Why thank you, good sir. :cheers: I shall now resort to a method of speech that is top class also... But that is far too difficult for me.

You know me too well. I did the entire cast plus side characters in FH1. My Applejack was a 2013 Mustang Shelby and my Luna was a GT-R. You could only share 30 designs, but they were all MLP, and some of them were very popular.

By the way, I really like this BMW parked on the black and white tiled sidewalk. Very continental.

Thank you about the BMW shot. :cheers: You must recreate all of these in FH2, the Luna GT-R might make me buy a GT-R. :P

Very nice group of shots Skython, love the Jaguars.

Thanks, Foster. :cheers: Wait, Jaguars? You might need some glasses, it was all just one Jaguar. :P Thanks for the comment.

That orange F-Type is stunning, great images

Thanks, Fezz. :cheers: Glad to hear you liked the set. :)

----------------------------

Anyway, like I said last update, Viper and SLS shots are coming. Now no SLS, but Viper? ... Heck yeah! It's here, my baby in Forza glory! Unfortunately I can't put the same little wing on it in Forza like I can in Gran Turismo, but the wheels are stock in black, which I can't do in Gran Turismo 6.

And I must say, Forza Horizon 2 is truly beautiful when you get it right. I'm really happy with this set. And a note, I've made a minor change to how I run the sets. I've had lots of annoying things where I see an epic photo in a thread, and click the link to Flickr to favourite it, but the link doesn't go to the actual Flickr page, and I can't show my appreciation outside of liking it on GTP. So the image titles now act as a link to the image's page if you want to do that... [/beingademandinglittle:censored:] But anyway, a new set named:

So, that's all for this update. A bit smaller than usual, but I feel like I've done well enough to get away with it... Not to sound smug or self entitled. :sly: But yeah. :P

You keep pushing the envelope with your shots. Not only the concept and execution are perfects, but sets are as well-thought and coherent, yet varied and variopint as I could only wish mine were. And shots #3 and # are just... Whoah.

(Also, shot #4 had me chuckle).

Thank you to @Frizbe, @YakieS1, @Demetrius 81, @Fezz_ST, @Populuxe Cowboy, and @Daniel for liking the newest set. :cheers: It's very much appreciated.

Very nice set, first one is my favorite, love the ruins.

I love the ruins too, and they're sort of like photographers heaven aren't they? A very photogenic area. THanks very much for the comment and the like. I really appreciate it. :cheers:

You keep pushing the envelope with your shots. Not only the concept and execution are perfects, but sets are as well-thought and coherent, yet varied and variopint as I could only wish mine were. And shots #3 and # are just... Whoah.

(Also, shot #4 had me chuckle).

I'll rip a hole in the envelope as it's only a matter of time before I lose inspiration. I always have massive pauses in my galleries because I just have no inspiration to take decent enough shots. My GT5 gallery disappeared for a year (though that was also due to business and laziness), but when I came back my work took a few leaps in the right direction. But yeah, thank you very very much for the praise. :cheers: :embarrassed:

---------------------

So anyway, another set already? Yes, that's right. And I think some could predict exactly what car the set is going to focus on. But imagine it, your pride and joy, a dream car if you will. The door opens and as you clamber inside, you ponder the G-forces that await you, and the sound of the engine, the road, and your own voice shouting, "HOLY 🤬 TREE SAP THIS IS MENTAL!!!" Fortunately, my dream car isn't quite that mental, but it also is.

I pull down the doors, and they close rather gently. I look at the interior, the quality is beyond anything I've ever seen... So I start her up... The idle isn't measured on the richter scale, I wait for a moment... I put my foot down, the car revs to the limiter, so I must go onwards.

But it's not all about how fast it is, or the way it can take a corner. Everyone wants something different from a car. Rugged ripping at the wheel as you exit the turns; reliable smooth power delivery that will get you out of every turn at maximum speed. It's all down to the driver, and me?

Let me explain why the SLS is so perfect for me. People look to Top Gear's Richard Hammond and James May. They both say on the show that it's ridiculous, the big bonnet, the sound, the tail-happy handling, and especially the doors. But why is ridiculous such a bad thing? Any sports car is going to look ridiculous to someone, are you going to let that stop you buying one supplied you have the chance? No, it's your dream to own a sports car. Who cares if someone else thinks it's silly. Personally, I think men playing with balls in fields is a silly concept, but that doesn't stop people from watching sports games.

It's the idea that you can take it to a trackday, enjoy some track time. And then drive all the way home again that gets me. It's a step in the right direction for supercars that are comfortable, with luxuries that make us very happy. In reality, I own a the worst motorbike in the world. Maybe not quite, but it's quite awful. It is quite fun to ride, yes. But when I get tired out on it, can I just slow down, have a drink that I have stored in the cupholder, put on some of my favourite music and feel contently isolated in my metal shell? Not really, and that's what makes this all work so well.

Now, some could say that I've lost the plot... I mean, "Skython, you do realize that this is a game, and not reality, right? So all those luxuries mean nothing in a game?" And yes, I do realize this. But one can dream, right? Or set goals for themselves, without either of those, you're never going to get overly far in life. Why live if your make your life one that isn't worth living? Not that you should kill yourself, but if you're not enjoying your life. Make a change.

Most cars these days can do all the things the SLS does, and do it for far less money, that is very much true. But none of them seem to have this timeless character that the SLS does. A design that doesn't look or feel modern, but nor is it at all outdated. It's not all about angles like the mainstream designs. It's curved and slightly obscure compared to other cars. But that's what I like.

But that's just me.

Nice series, 1st and last are my favorites.

Thanks, Foster. :cheers:

I like the composition and mood in number 6.

Thanks, Pebb. :cheers:

Another thank you to, @nickf1gr, @ClydeYellow, @Fezz_ST, and @Populuxe Cowboy for liking the set. :cheers:

New set, was meant to release it on the day the DLC came out, but as you can probably tell... It's nearly a month later and it never really happened... Sorry.

Ooops....

1. Fierce Force

2. Grip

3. Dry

4. Wet

5. Reverb

6. Drama

7. SS is for Super Spy

8. In the Name of Italy

------------------------

Yep, laziness is my forte.

Thanks everyone for the likes and comments. :cheers:

I couldn't not come back for this.

Porsche! Part 1?

It's Happening

Ground Control

There's no Replacement for Fun

Dreams

Tail Force

Set Alight Your Wrongs

Parking Lot Purpose

Long View

Missed the Ferry... Good!

------------------------------------------

Thank you very much for viewing. Porsche arriving in FH2 is such a good thing, I love the Carrera GT far too much right now, it's so good to finally be able to drive it in a game other than Need for Speed.

My Flickr Page.

7. I don't know how to name a photo of a girl without sounding creepy... Sorry

-----------------

Even naming a photo of a 3D modeled animated girl is creepy... But I'm not sure if it's as creepy or if it's more creepy. Depends on which side of the creepiness you're on, I guess... I should stop talking now..

Post thread in wrong place... Oh cock!

Hahaaa! :lol:

You were trying so hard not to be creepy, and then you go and say 'cock' whilst talking about a picture of a girl! :cool:

Back