Slipstream braking.

  • Thread starter Thread starter strik3out
  • 6 comments
  • 1,248 views
Messages
298
Messages
sViggy
Messages
the sVig
OK, well, you know how acceleration is improved in another cars slipstream, well, has anyone noticed if your braking is harder whilst in another cars slipstream since there's also less wind resistance to help slow it down?

I've tried a few times but it's hard to tell against the CPU unless you know exactly when it's going to brake. More testing is needed.
 
Yep I tested it, braking distance is increased while being in the slipstream, that explains why I thought the Ai had better brakes than I, but it wasn't I was just in the slipstream.
 
and by "improved", you mean it takes longer to break. also, you wont be able to handle as well in the slipstream because the lack of air resistance decreases the downforce
 
If any of you actually watch formula one or motor racing on television you will understand about aerodynamics. So very complicated these days.
 
But it works to your advantage.

Just break in behind them and just before you hit them pull out of the slip stream and take the inside line.
 
Still the AI on GT4 isnt exactly spectacular is it, they dont have battles with you so dull in that respect. I hope they make GT5 have the best AI of any racing game.
 
Back