Slipstream Mission 2 Help

• Thread starter m76
  • 5 comments

m76

Hungary
Hungary
Anyone tried doing this mission since the 1.06 patch ? It seems impossible to me. I just crash into the rear of the first lead car without reaching the goal of 250kmh. I've tried letting off the gas at the beginning to have a bigger gap to avail. 247 is the max achievable speed with that car, no matter what I do. Also tried passing on the right side of the AE86, that didn't help either.

Did they perhaps change the slipstream in the patch? Or the wind conditions of the mission?

m76
Anyone tried doing this mission since the 1.06 patch ? It seems impossible to me. I just crash into the rear of the first lead car without reaching the goal of 250kmh. I've tried letting off the gas at the beginning to have a bigger gap to avail. 247 is the max achievable speed with that car, no matter what I do. Also tried passing on the right side of the AE86, that didn't help either.

Did they perhaps change the slipstream in the patch? Or the wind conditions of the mission?
I just tried it then and passed. It's like @Skinny McLean says, it's down to having the right wind conditions. I tried with a tailwind and kept running out off slipstream effect by having to pass the last AI car too early. Eventually I got it with a cross wind that was also slightly head-on.

Check the wind speed indicator in the top right corner under the track map. This was taken after the finish line and after I had to violently swerve to miss the final AI so as not to be DQ'ed.... again!
Gran Turismo™ 7_20220314093554.jpg

@Tidgney has an excellent video stating some very good points about it.

Last edited:
Back