Slow AI on endurance races?

• Thread starter MrSitar
  • 11 comments
United States
United States
I’ve been grinding Sardegna, Spa 24, Le Mans and something that I started to notice is how like 1 or 2 AI cars in the middle of the lenght of the race will go like 5mph around the track, I’ve seen them like in all of those races, kind of like they ran out of fuel but are still driving around, is this a glitch? because the faster AI will pile up behind them causing massive accidents from spinning out the car, I’ve been passing them but i get caught up most of the time. The car varies per race, sometimes it will be a Vette, other Times the RX vision, etc, anyone else noticed this?

You can check the replay to see how much fuel they've got left, I think.
I just saved my last replay and check, because i saw a different car, the thing is despite them driving slow, they never pit in, I’ll check about the fuel status though!! i’ll think its hilarious if the glitch is them driving around forever without fuel LOL

You can check the replay to see how much fuel they've got left, I think.
You are correct, I lapped him 5 laps, his lap times were like high 3-4 minutes, and the entire time he’s driving on low gas, I saw him pass the pits 4 times, i guess the game won’t let him add fuel unless his tires wear out which they never did because he was on cruise control.

Wowow thanks i forgot you could see their fuel, but I’ve seen this happen with different cars on all the endurance tracks i‘ve seen, what brought it to my attention is that you can see the other ai run into him and cause massive accidents, I’ll see how bad i lap the AI in spa 24 hours on my next race lololololo
Gran Turismo® 7_20221017180028.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20221017175128.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20221017180328.jpg

You might have just solved a mystery, if the game won't let them pit until their tires are worn, that would explain why they are wicked fast upfront but then slow down drastically overtime.

You might have just solved a mystery, if the game won't let them pit until their tires are worn, that would explain why they are wicked fast upfront but then slow down drastically overtime.
Mate, this car was legit out of gas and out of tire thread 🤣

lapped him 7 laps, mind you this was a terrible run for me because I went all lights out with the Maclaren mp4 so I was struggling as is 🤭

I legit see them drive past the pit though
BC375554-25D6-4899-8063-CB3849115616.jpeg
E26658FC-13F0-4B97-80A1-5BC6E1647D88.jpeg

I've noticed this tends to happen when my PS5 goes on sleep mode and I turn it back on or I leave GT7 sitting on the menus too long for one time, mainly happens during a wake up from sleep mode and the cars that run out of fuel tend to be random.

Interesting!! i have been leaving it on rest mode this entire time with gt7 only for weeks straight, i normally wouldn’t care but I do notice that the cars as you see in a picture above will all like hover around him until they can pass him!!

I've noticed this tends to happen when my PS5 goes on sleep mode and I turn it back on or I leave GT7 sitting on the menus too long for one time, mainly happens during a wake up from sleep mode and the cars that run out of fuel tend to be random.
This glitch got game breaking over night, so I turned off my ps5 but been playing the same races but now I noticed more cars are running out of fuel and running out of tyre threads.

Today I was finishing up spa wtc, it poured the last few laps so one of the cars with no tyres got stuck on the serpentine going uphill after the pit stop and kept spinning out causing a yellow flag to go off, I was behind him for 30 seconds and the flag wouldn’t go away, I lost my race bonus because the normal Ai pushed me out of the way while waiting for him to go. Now I’m pissed.

The cars and drivers are random but what started as one driver kept going from two and now three
8B30F321-61A7-48DE-860E-E681E44D22ED.jpeg
9CA1C2C8-7864-4FAB-A32C-F020B980A98C.jpeg
BFA6D2A2-3FA1-4260-8258-848C8299EA40.jpeg
2662AA3C-A09C-427A-96D5-0A46FC6F0487.jpeg
B0942E3E-4090-4258-AD78-8FD5112EA0B3.jpeg
FE51E3CD-6821-45EE-A9AA-88A2FE19A7F7.jpeg

Must be a bug, I recently did an enduro and couldn't pit, the game would reset me .
Did you slide past the pit entry at some point? If that happens you can only pit when you've crossed the actual finish line once.
Lap 1: Miss pit entry somehow but still go in the pits will reset you back on track.
Lap 2: If you go in the pits it'll reset you again, so don't pit.
Lap 3: You can now pit again, if you haven't gone into the pits in lap 2.

Did you slide past the pit entry at some point? If that happens you can only pit when you've crossed the actual finish line once.
Lap 1: Miss pit entry somehow but still go in the pits will reset you back on track.
Lap 2: If you go in the pits it'll reset you again, so don't pit.
Lap 3: You can now pit again, if you haven't gone into the pits in lap 2.
The glitch is back again, I notice that it comes back on update week. I do nothing out of order than just race, yesterday I lapped an ai car for 8 laps and as usual today now and a second car is not heading into the pits. What happens is that after 1 race another car will follow and another, last time I had 5 cars with worn tires and no gas just cruising on the track and the order of drivers will rotate aswell!

I have been casually playing as usual and vary races but I noticed it came back yesterday. I’m zooming through the AI and then boom faceplanted the rear end of a slow car… it’s annoying now. It was fixed after the last update but funnily enough it comes back out of nowhere

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    255.7 KB · Views: 8
  • DB9702E5-89EE-446D-BA97-D9369B37CB4E.jpeg
    DB9702E5-89EE-446D-BA97-D9369B37CB4E.jpeg
    184.3 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg