Slow operation/Aborted page loading/Lengthy loading

• Thread starter Kurei
  • 4 comments
United States
Michigan
mcluvin93hatch
Not really sure how to word the title any better, I've been observing general website-behavior here at GTP over a few weeks now - ever since the big 'update', and I'm still coming across multiple, frequent issues pertaining to general use/operation of GTP across multiple devices, OS systems and browsers.

Among the list, log-in/log-out times are much longer than before, the top-right corner where our name, inbox and alerts are located - getting the lil' grey drop-down boxes to load has significantly started taking longer (on average I'm waiting 20-30 seconds, this also happens for making post-edits, and waiting for the smileys-box to load), and the third & more odd concern - I will have page-loading get outright aborted.

I'll click on a link (be it 'next page', thread link, etc), and I can watch the bar at the top do that little 'loading' thing as it goes left to right, sometimes it completes and loads the next page, sometimes it loads part-way, and then just gives-up completely, leaving me at a blank-white page - which I have to refresh once or twice at to get the page loading again.

That just seems outright odd, the longer loading times I could attribute to code needing optimization or something with various stuff on my-end - though I doubt that as its the same whether it's my laptop, PC or phone. But having page-loading aborted across all devices/systems/browsers on a frequent basis strikes me as odd.

I'm no expert, but maybe there's something within the code for the update causing this? - like the 'infrastructure' of code or w/e. GTP pre-update ran flawless compared to current, so I don't know if it's just an issue of waiting for optimization, or something else. :confused:

Yes, there have been some recent infrastructure issues, part of which caused the extended downtime earlier this afternoon. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Ah, no need to apologize I just wanted to bring the weird issues to light. Is it just a matter of waiting for optmization/bug-fixing then?

fun fact: I haven't experienced any of the GTP 'outages' or downtime oddly enough, so there's that.

@Jordan, 2 months-on and most of the issues still persist.

The process for log-in/log-out is faster, but getting the conversation/alerts boxes to load is still notably slow, as well as editing-posts and waiting for the smiley-box to load. The 'aborted-loading' blank white page is still present and frequent (happens at least once each visit), and this is true across all devices & platforms. Everything is updated flash-wise and such, so I'm not sure what it could be on my end.

Any settings/tests you'd like me to try?, I'd be willing to switch things around to try and solve this - if not for myself, for others who might be having the same issues. (if there are any at all)

It could be a network issue. What type of devices and browsers are you using?

Not to echo the typical advice of most cable companies, but have you tried resetting your modem and router in your home?

Back