D DriftingDonuts Messages 274 Messages iSchimmy Jul 8, 2011 #1 How come Mercedes and McLaren won't make a SLR Stirling Moss Hard Top? I believe it will be a VERY sexy car and a good replacement for the current SLR? Thoughts?
How come Mercedes and McLaren won't make a SLR Stirling Moss Hard Top? I believe it will be a VERY sexy car and a good replacement for the current SLR? Thoughts?
theotherspongey Messages 3,492 New York Jul 8, 2011 #2 The SLR is probably the reason they haven't yet.
D DriftingDonuts Messages 274 Messages iSchimmy Jul 8, 2011 #3 The SLR is being replace with the SLS so they should ):
xNEVER-ONEx Messages 2,112 Messages xNEVER-ONEx Jul 8, 2011 #4 I thought it was called a Stirling Moss because it resembled Stirling Moss's winning Benz? Hard top wont do it justice.
I thought it was called a Stirling Moss because it resembled Stirling Moss's winning Benz? Hard top wont do it justice.
theotherspongey Messages 3,492 New York Jul 8, 2011 #5 The SLS is weaker than the SLR, and it was made entirely by MB, so I doubt it's being replaced.
D DriftingDonuts Messages 274 Messages iSchimmy Jul 8, 2011 #6 The SLS is the Mercedes replacement for their SLR. That's what I read, but the SLS is quicker on the track then the SLR. o.O
The SLS is the Mercedes replacement for their SLR. That's what I read, but the SLS is quicker on the track then the SLR. o.O
Eric. Premium Messages 8,515 Messages GTP_Eric Messages Ebiggs Jul 8, 2011 #7 Because it doesn't rain in collector displays.
theotherspongey Messages 3,492 New York Jul 8, 2011 #8 Eric. Because it doesn't rain in collector displays. Click to expand... +1 👍
homeforsummer Bonbonbonbons! Premium Messages 27,316 United Kingdom Jul 8, 2011 #9 xNEVER-ONEx I thought it was called a Stirling Moss because it resembled Stirling Moss's winning Benz? Hard top wont do it justice. Click to expand... That. And because they're no longer making the SLR.
xNEVER-ONEx I thought it was called a Stirling Moss because it resembled Stirling Moss's winning Benz? Hard top wont do it justice. Click to expand... That. And because they're no longer making the SLR.
AOS- Premium Messages 28,816 'Sauga, ON Jul 8, 2011 #10 Stirling Moss can never outdo the SLS! [/fanboyism] and +1 on the resemblance of the original Stirling Moss.
Stirling Moss can never outdo the SLS! [/fanboyism] and +1 on the resemblance of the original Stirling Moss.