Small_Fryz goes back to being "Small"

Discussion in 'The Rumble Strip' started by Small_Fryz, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Small_Fryz

Small_Fryz Premium

Hi Guys,

I wanted to put up a thread to discuss my weight loss which I found to be very straight forward and possibly quite helpful to others.

During the past 10 years I have been enjoying my 20's with no regard to looking after myself. This lead to slow weight gain pretty much year on year. I've had some fantastic times and no regrets however having my open heart operation last year and realizing that half my wardrobe won't fit me I decided I need to start off my 30s in better nick (turned 30 on 28th August).

My doctors have been on at me to loose weight for a few years, however I never really tried to do anything about it until now. I decided to go see a dietitian and she put me onto keto and the benefits of how it works. I started to read up on it and found that few of my other mates have done it before with great success so I thought I'd give it a real good go. When I started in Mid-June and I was 85-86kg (187lbs) and only 166cm (5'5).

I stuck to it quite strict for the last 3 months, only having a "cheat" meal every fortnight or so and only drinking alcohol once a fortnight as well. I ended up cooking 95% of all my meals and I invested in Yumboxes + Food Thermos in order to eat my left over dinner for lunch the next day. (I'm a sales rep for work so I'm always in the car or on the move). Not only have I learnt a great deal about cooking, but I have also learnt a great deal about food and what goes in to each meal etc.

I'm proud to say that today I weigh 71kg (156lbs) which means I've lost 14 - 15kg (31-33lbs).

I have yet to do any proper / regular exercise, 95% of this weight loss has been diet. That being said I'm really looking to take the next step and do 30 - 45mins of exercise in the mornings in order to tone up and increase my fitness, especially now that I'm not carrying around so much extra weight.

I highly recommend anyone looking to loose a few kilos to check out www.dietdoctor.com and try out the keto / lowcarb diet.

Honestly, if I can do it, anybody could.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Can't close my jacket...

[​IMG]
    Easily closed now

2. TB

TB Moderator

Lost a gut, gained a beard. Win, win!

CinnamonOD, 35mm, Flex0r and 4 others like this.
  3. TexRex

TexRex Premium

[​IMG]

Small_Fryz likes this.
  4. W3HS

W3HS Premium

Nicely done, Dion. Throw in a bit of running, swimming and/ or cycling and you’ll be stick thin in no time!

Small_Fryz likes this.
  5. Michael88

Michael88

Congrats, you look way healthier now. :tup:

You should also start doing deadlifts and overhead presses, short people have great levers for those exercises.

Small_Fryz likes this.
  6. kikie

kikie Premium

I never considered you to be fat when you were here. It didn't even cross my mind.

Well done, I would say. Am I correct in assuming that you have a better balance now when doing wheelies? :D

Ps: that pool table is almost in every post when you post photos of yourself. :p

Small_Fryz likes this.
  7. Flex0r

Flex0r

My first thought was exactly as TB said lost weight gained a beard.
    Well done. :tup:

Small_Fryz likes this.
  8. Small_Fryz

Small_Fryz Premium

Its getting to be a pretty solid beard these days!!!

:cheers:

Yes, I did end up walking 4 - 5km every morning for about 3 weeks however it was very cold and I soon stopped. Would love to get back to doing that now its warmer.

Weight training would be very beneficial. Finding motivation to do exercise is always my weakness...

I love my pool table :lol:
    I managed to hide my weight well enough however the belly was just becoming too much!!

:cheers:

I really want to get to about 65 - 68kg.

Has anybody else here tried keto before?

9. Michael88

Michael88

If I may give you advice - go to a gym and let someone who knows his stuff show you some exercises for a day. Everybody has an exercise he or she is particularly good at and enjoys a lot, finding it is the goal, this will provide you with the motivation. Short-ish people are usually good at deadlifts and overhead presses due to their shorter levers, simply try them out and see what happens!

10. Shaun

Shaun Premium

Puffy, I know where you live.

If I recall correctly @SlipZtrEm has.

11. Hollow

Hollow Premium

First of all, awesome job on the weight loss, you look like a whole new person.

A few years ago I did try the Keto diet and it was tough. I had a friend tell me it's easy if you do it for a short amount of time aka 1-2 months. I failed at it within 3 weeks. I felt incredibly tired and felt like I'll faint any second during mornings. Also the strictness it requires is insane, I couldn't keep up with it.

I'm glad though that not everyone goes through what I did trying this diet and actually gets results. :tup:

Congrats :cheers:

Small_Fryz likes this.
  12. Nismonath5

Nismonath5 Premium

Awesome work man!

Small_Fryz likes this.