• 29 comments

Small_Fryz

But why is the Rum gone??
Premium
Australia
QLD, Australia
Small_Fryz
Hi Guys,

I wanted to put up a thread to discuss my weight loss which I found to be very straight forward and possibly quite helpful to others.

During the past 10 years I have been enjoying my 20's with no regard to looking after myself. This lead to slow weight gain pretty much year on year. I've had some fantastic times and no regrets however having my open heart operation last year and realizing that half my wardrobe won't fit me I decided I need to start off my 30s in better nick (turned 30 on 28th August).

My doctors have been on at me to loose weight for a few years, however I never really tried to do anything about it until now. I decided to go see a dietitian and she put me onto keto and the benefits of how it works. I started to read up on it and found that few of my other mates have done it before with great success so I thought I'd give it a real good go. When I started in Mid-June and I was 85-86kg (187lbs) and only 166cm (5'5).

I stuck to it quite strict for the last 3 months, only having a "cheat" meal every fortnight or so and only drinking alcohol once a fortnight as well. I ended up cooking 95% of all my meals and I invested in Yumboxes + Food Thermos in order to eat my left over dinner for lunch the next day. (I'm a sales rep for work so I'm always in the car or on the move). Not only have I learnt a great deal about cooking, but I have also learnt a great deal about food and what goes in to each meal etc.

I'm proud to say that today I weigh 71kg (156lbs) which means I've lost 14 - 15kg (31-33lbs).

I have yet to do any proper / regular exercise, 95% of this weight loss has been diet. That being said I'm really looking to take the next step and do 30 - 45mins of exercise in the mornings in order to tone up and increase my fitness, especially now that I'm not carrying around so much extra weight.

I highly recommend anyone looking to loose a few kilos to check out www.dietdoctor.com and try out the keto / lowcarb diet.

Honestly, if I can do it, anybody could.

42204839_10155565867362657_947566499571171328_n.jpg

42424706_10155565867447657_1949884915814236160_n.jpg

28377659_10155111934407657_6844500928494645896_n.jpg

Can't close my jacket...

40318607_10155514920392657_7966710347446878208_n.jpg

Easily closed now

Nicely done, Dion. Throw in a bit of running, swimming and/ or cycling and you’ll be stick thin in no time!

Congrats, you look way healthier now. 👍

You should also start doing deadlifts and overhead presses, short people have great levers for those exercises.

I never considered you to be fat when you were here. It didn't even cross my mind.

Well done, I would say. Am I correct in assuming that you have a better balance now when doing wheelies? :D

Ps: that pool table is almost in every post when you post photos of yourself. :P

TB
Lost a gut, gained a beard. Win, win!

Its getting to be a pretty solid beard these days!!!

:cheers:

Nicely done, Dion. Throw in a bit of running, swimming and/ or cycling and you’ll be stick thin in no time!
Yes, I did end up walking 4 - 5km every morning for about 3 weeks however it was very cold and I soon stopped. Would love to get back to doing that now its warmer.

Congrats, you look way healthier now. 👍

You should also start doing deadlifts and overhead presses, short people have great levers for those exercises.
Weight training would be very beneficial. Finding motivation to do exercise is always my weakness...

I never considered you to be fat when you were here. It didn't even cross my mind.

Well done, I would say. Am I correct in assuming that you have a better balance now when doing wheelies? :D

Ps: that pool table is almost in every post when you post photos of yourself. :P
I love my pool table :lol:
I managed to hide my weight well enough however the belly was just becoming too much!!

My first thought was exactly as TB said lost weight gained a beard.
Well done. 👍
:cheers:

I really want to get to about 65 - 68kg.

Has anybody else here tried keto before?

Weight training would be very beneficial. Finding motivation to do exercise is always my weakness...
If I may give you advice - go to a gym and let someone who knows his stuff show you some exercises for a day. Everybody has an exercise he or she is particularly good at and enjoys a lot, finding it is the goal, this will provide you with the motivation. Short-ish people are usually good at deadlifts and overhead presses due to their shorter levers, simply try them out and see what happens!

Has anybody else here tried keto before?

First of all, awesome job on the weight loss, you look like a whole new person.

A few years ago I did try the Keto diet and it was tough. I had a friend tell me it's easy if you do it for a short amount of time aka 1-2 months. I failed at it within 3 weeks. I felt incredibly tired and felt like I'll faint any second during mornings. Also the strictness it requires is insane, I couldn't keep up with it.

I'm glad though that not everyone goes through what I did trying this diet and actually gets results. 👍

Congrats :cheers:

Must be another couple of kilos of vermin in that beard too!

Nice work, bro. Now go and celebrate with a vat of beer and a few large steaks!

Must be another couple of kilos of vermin in that beard too!

Nice work, bro. Now go and celebrate with a vat of beer and a few large steaks!

Its kept nice and clean mate!! Only a minor snack is kept inside at most... :lol:

Looks nothing like the Dion I remember. Fess up, what have you done with him? ;)
👍 Thanks mate! He had a realization he can't be 21 forever :lol:

We hid the rum, he slowly starved.
:lol: This is actually very accurate! Alcohol consumption has dropped by 90% hahaha.
Though that may be also due to me getting old :lol:

I went back up to 74kg over the Christmas / January holidays as I didn't bother dieting for 2 months due to festive beers / feasts and general having fun partying :lol:

Once I went back to work I jumped back on the horse around mid jan and now I'm down to 68kg! going to have a final big push in March to hopefully knock on the door of 65kg and then I'll be able to just maintain the weight nicely without needing to be super strict.

I did start walking 5km each day as well so that has helped my overall fitness ability.

51951498_1037619376424263_182570366739152896_n.jpg

Thanks again for all the nice comments guys 👍

Self improvement baby! Our lap times aren't the only thing to work on. I'm one of those bastards blessed with a hyper metabolism, but my dad assures me it will all catch up at 40.

The last 2 weeks I've been exercising and walking. I've dropped to 66kg and feeling better than ever!!

59369523_10156347595521984_52312770384756736_n.jpg

Aiming to exercise and "move" every day really does help with your everyday health!

Who would have thought :lol:
Oooh, get you! :cheers:

BTW, the engine on that rod looks like a minion.

The last 2 weeks I've been exercising and walking. I've dropped to 66kg and feeling better than ever!!

59369523_10156347595521984_52312770384756736_n.jpg

Aiming to exercise and "move" every day really does help with your everyday health!

Who would have thought :lol:
Me, I did. :D

Self improvement baby! Our lap times aren't the only thing to work on. I'm one of those bastards blessed with a hyper metabolism, but my dad assures me it will all catch up at 40.
Haha,

To be fair, the other day I went GoKarting for the first time since loosing weight and damn!! New to the track and still got 3rd best time of the week in only 2 runs. Seems you can do both! :lol:

Thanks a lot for the support guys!

Never thought I'd say this but I'm really enjoying my new "life" and while I still enjoy a beer / scotch / rum there is other things to do which are just as fun and its all about finding that balance.

60138396_10156028022507657_3633555977527099392_n.jpg

Almost a year later and I'm still kicking around the sub 69kg mark.

Not quite as strict every day but taking the principles I learnt and applying them all the time.
It really is a lifestyle choice/change and not a fad diet.

Educate yourself and you can make the correct choices.

I feel like this is a Beach Body advertisement.

And grats of course buddy!

Jerome

Latest Posts

Back