snag in the steering wheel on certain circuits with certain cars

Belgium
Belgium
Hello, I own a Fanatec podium. can you confirm that with certain cars in certain turns the steering wheel (in the image and in reaction on the track) turns by coupling!? example Vw cox 66 spa circuit bus stop turn and source turn when I turn the steering wheel freezes then suddenly turns…. thank you for your confirmation in order to know if I am not the only one having the problem and therefore if I am not crazy

Try raising the ride height, or stiffen the suspension. Your tires are probably hitting the wheel well during elevation changes, or when the car weight gets thrown forward during braking. It took me a while to figure out why it was happening to me, but that was it. Try playing around with the suspension.

It's probably due to the weight transfer, especially once the car stabilizes. That's why the snap happens almost certainly in your case, the front of the car lifts and frees the tires to be able to get full rotation.

Last edited:
Try raising the ride height, or stiffen the suspension. Your tires are probably hitting the wheel well during elevation changes, or when the car weight gets thrown forward during braking. It took me a while to figure out why it was happening to me, but that was it. Try playing around with the suspension.

It's probably due to the weight transfer, especially once the car stabilizes. That's why the snap happens almost certainly in your case, the front of the car lifts and frees the tires to be able to get full rotation.
Yep.. I fixed this issue at Daytona by removing the wider tires on my slammed road cars. Its a very odd sensation.

Yep.. I fixed this issue at Daytona by removing the wider tires on my slammed road cars. Its a very odd sensation.
Increasing ride height would have been better for performance, wide tyres have the bigger positive impact.

Back