SNAIL battle of the manufacturer, interest thread

Canada
Toronto
Hi guys, this is a general interest thread to see if this type of event would work and if people are interested.
This event would take place on a Friday night, but the date is not yet determined.

Subaru WRX vs Mitsubishi Evo

This is a TEAM event. Each team would be 8 drivers, any points each driver earns goes towards the team.
Each team will be driving a separate car.

1 team will represent Subaru and will only drive the WRX Gr.B rally car
The other team will drive the Mitsubishi Lancer Gr.B rally car

There will be 3 races over the course of the night and points will be given out exactly how they are on Sundays.

Race 1,
1 qualifying lap, fastest starts first, on a street circuit (undecided on the circuit yet), more details to be announced later.
This is a clean race, all normal rules apply regarding tuning etc

Race 2,
Reverse grid based on race 1 results, race will be on a GP style circuit
This is also a clean race

Race 3,
Reverse grid based on current point standings, so whomever has the most points starts in the back.
This race will take place on a dirt track, with dirt tires
This race be a DIRTY race, absolutely no rules apply.

Some info about each race.
All races will be timed, and will be 15-20 minutes long.
All races will be grid start with false start check.
Tire and fuel wear are not yet determined, but pit stops will not be allowed.
Damage for the first 2 races will be on light, damage for the last race will be off.

To make things even, I would like to balance out the teams as much as possible, this means in a perfect world we have 2 drivers from each division evenly split on each team. To make this happen I would need people to post there interest below. Once we have a good amount of interest I will firm a Friday that works with the majority of us, and will also announce all outstanding details, like tracks were driving, tire types etc.

Please post your interest below, with the following details.
What Sunday division you are in.
What manufacturer you want to represent.

Thanks!

Division 1
Subaru all the way!!

Sean has put a lot of time and thought into this idea. I think it’s a really good idea and am looking forward to working with Sean to put this together!!

D3

I'd be fine with whichever team has fewest members.

Also not 100% sure if fridays will be good so o guess make me a maybe?

I'll push this some more, but with the limited interest so far I'm going to put this mostly on the backburner, as this isn't the kind've event I want to run with 10 people - I'm hoping for a near full lobby.

Back