SNAIL Cat&Mouse / Roller Derby

• Thread starter Wolfsatz
  • 17 comments
United States
Virginia
Wolfsatz
A place to Chill and let all your Anger out, work on your defensive skills, strategy and team building or just let it Go!

For today I am thinking of sticking with Ford

Mice - Ford Focus
Cats - Mustang GT or F-150 SVT Raptor

Only 2 Teams Let's keep it american colours. Red and Blue go get 2 mice and 2 cats of each colours. We'll decide as the rooms builds.

@racingchamp30 @socalnatv @DesertPenguin09 @SAMHAIN85 @JamCar0ne @TBongX @src_ej6 @Xradkins @TomMang_68 @Rednose58@Die_Birdy_Die @Lessen @Ph1sher @Vitessekid @nmcp1 @WIDEeyedDRIVR @USERID_77a23 @turnupdaheat @CoachMK21 @singlepaddy@pubason @Ricky_Blayz @STEAMER62 @Handlebar @lllTrick @MajorBlixem @Harry Rowley @TEX36 @FREEREVN

Screenshot 2018-01-27 at 1.20.56 AM by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

Screenshot 2018-01-27 at 1.19.51 AM by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

________--------__________---------_________------------___________-------------__________-------------_____
Rules for Roller Derby
1. Track is NorthernIsle
2. Laps set to at least 20 or how ever long you want to go.
3. Cats are not allowed to drive backwards or stop.
4. Mice must stay above the inside painted line.
5. Pit lane is off limits to all cars unless they are put there.
6. If a cat finishes 20 laps before any mice, that cat's team loses.
7. First mouse to finish the race wins for his team.

Thanks @JLBowler

Last edited:
I suggest we stick to the same cars for a few weeks rather than changing them up every week. And set the tuning prohibited/hp filter in room settings to keep what happened last week from happening again.

EDIT: I don't have enough credits to buy these cars because I bought the 20 Million Jaguar this morning.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tag (gotta remember to take the 09 off the end) but I don't have much interest in this sort of thing. If you wanted to help bring back pack racing I'd be down but that doesn't seem to gain any traction. Happy racing fellas!

Assuming for number 6 that applies to a cat finishing half a lap or more ahead of a mouse. It is fairly common for a cat to finish a few feet ahead of a mouse during normal play.

So are the cats allowed to help their mouse, or is the mouse completely on its own?

I moved the questions over here.

Rule 6. The cats must never beat the mouse to the finish line on the last lap. Not even by a few feet. As I explained to Wolf, the cats are more blockers. Leading to the second question. The cat may help their mouse or block the other team's mouse.

Roller derby has jammers and blockers. The jammers would be the mouse trying to make laps. The blockers would be everyone else trying to stop the mouse on the other team or help their mouse. Blockers are not allowed to stop and not allowed to beat the mouse so it would be wise to let the mouse go once it has gotten by you and slow to wait for it to come back around and then attempt to slow it down again. The way to help your mouse isn't to push it, it's to keep the other team's blockers away from your mouse.

I moved the questions over here.

Rule 6. The cats must never beat the mouse to the finish line on the last lap. Not even by a few feet. As I explained to Wolf, the cats are more blockers. Leading to the second question. The cat may help their mouse or block the other team's mouse.

Roller derby has jammers and blockers. The jammers would be the mouse trying to make laps. The blockers would be everyone else trying to stop the mouse on the other team or help their mouse. Blockers are not allowed to stop and not allowed to beat the mouse so it would be wise to let the mouse go once it has gotten by you and slow to wait for it to come back around and then attempt to slow it down again. The way to help your mouse isn't to push it, it's to keep the other team's blockers away from your mouse.

What about the last ditch skirmish before the finish line? A cat could have a full block on a mouse and another cat could hit mouse into the cat which pushes the cat across the line. How is this ruled?

I suggest we stick to the same cars for a few weeks rather than changing them up every week. And set the tuning prohibited/hp filter in room settings to keep what happened last week from happening again.

EDIT: I don't have enough credits to buy these cars because I bought the 20 Million Jaguar this morning.

You poor man... ok... I still have the same cars... We'll see the turn out.. stay tuned! I don't mind reverting back if it is easier.

Ford Focus Mice Liveries Created! Search Tags
1) Snail 2) Mice 3) Livery

Ford Mustang GT Liveries Created search tags
1) Snail 2)Cat 3)Livery

Ford SVT Liveries Created Search tags
1)Snail 2) Cat 3) Livery

Last edited:
What about the last ditch skirmish before the finish line? A cat could have a full block on a mouse and another cat could hit mouse into the cat which pushes the cat across the line. How is this ruled?

I'm going to guess that you have never seen roller derby.

It's the job of the jammers to complete laps. It's the job of the blockers to keep the other teams jammer from completing laps and take out the other teams blockers so that their jammer can continue without being harassed. One the mouse gets around the blockers, good strategy would dictate that the blockers would slow (not stop) and wait for the jammer to come around again so that they can hold him up. A good jammer should be 7 to 8 laps ahead of all the blockers by the end of a 20 lap race. If the blockers and the jammers are on the same lap, you're not doing it right.

You poor man... ok... I still have the same cars... We'll see the turn out.. stay tuned! I don't mind reverting back if it is easier.

Ford Focus Mice Liveries Created! Search Tags
1) Snail 2) Mice 3) Livery

Ford Mustang GT Liveries Created search tags
1) Snail 2)Cat 3)Livery

Ford SVT Liveries Created Search tags
1)Snail 2) Cat 3) Livery
whats the old cars? you forgot to add that to this thread

A place to Chill and let all your Anger out, work on your defensive skills, strategy and team building or just let it Go!

For today I am thinking of sticking with Ford

Mice - Ford Focus
Cats - Mustang GT or F-150 SVT Raptor

Only 2 Teams Let's keep it american colours. Red and Blue go get 2 mice and 2 cats of each colours. We'll decide as the rooms builds.

@racingchamp30 @socalnatv @DesertPenguin09 @SAMHAIN85 @JamCar0ne @TBongX @src_ej6 @Xradkins @TomMang_68 @Rednose58@Die_Birdy_Die @Lessen @Ph1sher @Vitessekid @nmcp1 @WIDEeyedDRIVR @USERID_77a23 @turnupdaheat @CoachMK21 @singlepaddy@pubason @Ricky_Blayz @STEAMER62 @Handlebar @lllTrick @MajorBlixem @Harry Rowley @TEX36 @FREEREVN

Screenshot 2018-01-27 at 1.20.56 AM by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

Screenshot 2018-01-27 at 1.19.51 AM by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

________--------__________---------_________------------___________-------------__________-------------_____
Rules for Roller Derby
1. Track is NorthernIsle
2. Laps set to at least 20 or how ever long you want to go.
3. Cats are not allowed to drive backwards or stop.
4. Mice must stay above the inside painted line.
5. Pit lane is off limits to all cars unless they are put there.
6. If a cat finishes 20 laps before any mice, that cat's team loses.
7. First mouse to finish the race wins for his team.

Thanks @JLBowler

Damn, I missed this event. Grrr

Back