SNAIL Fantasy F1 - 2019

• Thread starter JamCar0ne
  • 28 comments

JamCar0ne

Premium
United States
Illinois
JamCar0ne
For this formula one fantasy league, you play as the team manager choosing your drivers, chassis, engine & team principle. Your starting budget is only 80 million, so the challenge is to choose a decent team that will increase in value throughout the season. As the team's value increases, so will the budget which will lead towards being able to select better components.

instructions:
1. Go to www.pfrl.net/En/, and register. To avoid confusion, it may be best (but not required) to use your GTPlanet user name as your login name at PFRL. You'll be able to name your teams almost anything, just avoid anything offensive.

2. Create your teams. The limit is two teams in our league, but you can create other teams for other leagues.

3. After creating your teams, choose the team you wish to join the league with. On the far right you'll see a button, 'Join a league', click it.

4. Select 'Private Leagues', then from the pull down menu choose 'SNAILracing.org'. Enter the password ( sunday ) and click the blue 'join the league' button.

5. You're in! You will be able to make changes without penalty until the first qualifying session, so your team doesn't have to be "set in stone" should you change your mind prior to qualifying. After each race, your teams will either increase or decrease in value depending upon many things, but usually they increase. This allows you to improve your teams throughout the season.

If you have any questions on the finer points of play, just ask and I'll try to answer them and even shed some light on a few early game tactics.

Recap:
League type: Private
League name: SNAILracing.org
Password: sunday

*reserved* for season standings updates.

Code:
Smart Esses . . . . . . . . . stelephant
Dumb Esses . . . . . . . . .  stelephant
Hobbiton Gardens . . . . . .  Bologna_Duc
LightSpeed Racing . . . . . . thracerviewr
LigtSpeed Racing 2 . . . . .  thracerviewr
Team ARL . . . . . . . . . .  TexasJDC
Team ARL2 . . . . . . . . . . TexasJDC
SlipperyStevens . . . . . . . JamCar0ne
MidPackMalloy . . . . . . . . JamCar0ne
420 Evergreen Autosports  . . Fudman420 
AkzlRacing . . . . . . . . .  Akzl298 
BabyAkzl . . . . . . . . . .  Akzl298

Fastest Lap Time:
This year Formula One is awarding a point to the driver who claims fastest lap. To commemorate this, if you claim the fastest lap time out of everyone playing (your name will be posted in the post race summary on the front page of pfrl.net) I will award you FIVE shells!

Last edited:
You guys should make a team for the Rookie league if you haven't already. You only get to be a rookie once.

Also, I am not going to convert the league to a race series right away just to see if we can get a few more teams signed up. So the first race will be a sort of shake down to give you an opportunity to see how the site works, etc. Race series are a lot more fun but it takes twenty teams to convert. If we don't get enough teams, we can let randoms in. That is what I did last year and one of those randoms turned out to be a top 20 in the world player..

In other news, this year Formula One is awarding a point to the driver who claims fastest lap. To commemorate this, if you claim the fastest lap time out of everyone playing (your name will be posted in the post race summary on the front page of pfrl.net) I will award you FIVE shells!

TIP - How to view your team:

When you first login, the first page you see is your 'home' screen. From here, you can click on a team name to view the team-details page. With more than one team, you might choose 'Team Overview' tab to view your teams side-by-side. The team page will be set for the next race (all component scores of zero). If you want to view how the team's components did in prior races, there is a drop down menu in the upper right of screen titled SELECT. Use this to view the team's performance for any prior race.

My 3 cars ready for Sunday

Attachments

• 20190329_182806.jpg
    20190329_182806.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 14
I'm not sure what else I could do. I've spent all 80m available and I hope I've gotten everything setup. I've played fantasy football for like the last 7 plus years but this is just foreign to me.

@JamCar0ne I'm a bit confused. Can I add predictions? Can I change my team? One of my teams has 2M extra to spend now.
Or am I just too late to do any of this?

You can predict qualifying position and fastest lap time. Each correct qualifying prediction is worth 5 bonus points and fastest lap time is worth up to 5 points depending upon how close the prediction is. Yes, you can change your teams! So if you have a team component you are unhappy with, you can change it up. Your team budget will evolve as the season progresses, allowing you to constantly improve you teams. You can make changes to your teams up until two hours before qualifying starts. This is what the 'Pit Lane Closes In' countdown timer signifies in the upper right corner of the screen.

You can use the STATISTICS menu to see scoring trends among the components.

You can predict qualifying position and fastest lap time. Each correct qualifying prediction is worth 5 bonus points and fastest lap time is worth up to 5 points depending upon how close the prediction is. Yes, you can change your teams! So if you have a team component you are unhappy with, you can change it up. Your team budget will evolve as the season progresses, allowing you to constantly improve you teams. You can make changes to your teams up until two hours before qualifying starts. This is what the 'Pit Lane Closes In' countdown timer signifies in the upper right corner of the screen.

You can use the STATISTICS menu to see scoring trends among the components.

In that case I'm not as smart as my mother always told me. Because I have no idea how to get into a state where I can actually change something... Appreciate the help Jam!

In that case I'm not as smart as my mother always told me. Because I have no idea how to get into a state where I can actually change something... Appreciate the help Jam!

After you login to the site, you will be on the 'MY TEAMS' page. Look for the words EDIT TEAM and click the words. This will bring up the TEAM EDITOR page where you can make changes.

If we had enough teams to convert to a race series, this is what the standings would currently look like (there are a couple of errors but I didn't notice until after I took the screenshot):

F1_R2.png

We currently have 13 teams (14 if we can talk fudman into creating a second team), leaving 6 open slots for three more players. Then the league will automatically switch to a race series and everyone would start off fresh for race series points (overall score remains in tack though). If we don't get enough teams for this to happen, we can still do a point series (just more work). Am thinking of dropping the five lowest scores to give the new comers a fighting chance.

Meant to post this earlier but have been busy with the new time trials and the issues we've encountered with them. This weekend is the third race of the season and afterwards, the first of possibly two extra-ordinary adjustments to component values will take place. Looks like the team principles will see the biggest adjustments this year. So, if you have time, take a look at your teams. Suggest choosing one of the team principles expected to go up in value (you can tell which ones by the small green circle with the up arrow in it next to its cost). Basically, the principle associated with Alfa, Toro and Williams will gain value (+3M), while those associated with Renault, Haas and McLaren will lose value (-3M).

@stelephant @Bologna_Duc @thracerviewr @TexasJDC @Fudman420 @Akzl298

Beginning with this weekends Monaco race, will start tracking points using the standard point scale of 25, 18, 15, etc for the top ten finishes. This point series will run until the end of the season.

Looks like we've had some randoms join (which is cool), but since I already had my spreadsheet ready to go, figured I'd just keep a points tally of just the SNAIL racers without the randoms.

@stelephant @thracerviewr @Akzl298 are the early front runners after the Monaco race while we have a four way battle for eleventh place.

F1R6c.png

Back