**COMPLETED ** SNAIL Gr4-MPCC Season 1 Champions: GTR4MROD(GS)/ MrDonovan(TCR)

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 1,184 comments
MPCC Spotter guide SVG Event 2.png

tonight, 8/14/20

9pm est
Pre Race Report

Alright fellas,
RACE DAY IS HERE!!! Make those final tweeks and get those last minute practice laps in...tonight is expecting some very close racing.:cheers:

Lap times being reported this week have everyone looking to be quite close...racing tactics, consistency, and no mistakes will be the difference.
Laguna Seca is expected to present a heavier challenge this week given the tighter confines and limited places to execute passes, and cross class traffic will become a factor throughout the night. All drivers are reminded to be patient when engaged with cross class cars, and to choose their passing zones wisely.

Drivers are asked to please review or refresh themselves with the following tabs in the first post:

Tab 1.7 Start Procedure (especially GS drivers)
Tab 4.2 Caution Process
**GS Drivers** Please be familiar with the start procedure for Multi-Class race start. Any questions, please ask.
For Reference:
Confirmation Post for Event #2

Our grid for tonight is shown below:
GS
👍 @llNovall / II-NOVA-II
👍 @TEX36 / TEX36
👍 @Rob Brown / no1needs2perish
👍 @nmcp1 / nmcp1
👍 @Bologna_Duc /Bologna_Duc
👍 @GCimprezaFTW /GCimprezaFTW
👍 @Xradkins /Xrad- 11
👍 @Roman_GT23 / Roman_GT23
👍 @GTP_Guido / GTP_Guido (Reserve)
👍 @GTR4MROD/GTR4MROD (Reserve)

TCR
👍 @Moby45 / Moby45
👍 @stelephant / stelephant
👍 @Phlano099 / Phlano_099
👍 @JLBowler / JLBowler
👍 @RadStewart /heated_seats
👍 @Herimopp89/Herimopp89 (Reserve)

Reserve Drivers List (12 Reserves)
GS Class (6 Reserve Spots)
👍 @DesertPenguin / DesertPenguin (3rd Reserve)
👍 @Kermit_2142 /Kermit_2142
@PrivateSmiles / PrivateSmiles

TCR Class (6 Reserve Spots)
(X) @Fudman420/Fudman420 (1st)
👍 @MrDonovan /MrDonovan (3rd)
@TomMang_68 /OMG_MANG

Primary Drivers Reported Absent or not Confirmed
GS CLASS
(X) @LST / Duce_LST
(X) @Noob01_lmdead / rauljimenez76
TCR Class
(X) @MBarry /Matt_8__

@GTP_Guido will be racing for Noob01_lmdead's team, Moorespeed with @TEX36, and points scored will count toward the team score for the event.

@GTR4MROD will be racing for @LST 's team, Atlantic Racing Team with @Roman_GT23, and points scored will count toward the team score for the event.

@Herimopp89 will be racing for @MBarry 's team, Late but Great Racing with @RadStewart, and points scored will count toward the team score for the event.

Any Drivers that have confirmed to race and are tagged in the top 16 are expected on the grid tonight. We have 1 additional Reserve available for each class for tonight, so if anyone thinks they may be tentative, please let me know by 5pm est today (if you have not done so already) so I can have a Reserve on standby and ready. Anyone needing to cancel their entry for tonight, please do so, also before 5pm est today. Any cancelled entries after this time will result in possible forfeiture of primary status for future events.

Remaining Available Reserve drivers, please keep an eye on the Newsfeed for any posts/updates throughout the day.

Please verify your driver specific BOP Regulations before entering the room:

The Race Room and Party Chat will be open for entries and warm up around 8:50pm est. Please be in the room no later than 9:10pm est to have your entry verified.
15 minute Open Qualifying to start at 9:15pm est.

Good luck to everyone tonight, and see you all on the grid for the green flag:cheers:

Last edited:
I’m still happy being bottom of the reserve list, if you ever need me just let me know and if I’m still awake I’ll jump in 👍.

Have a good race guys :cheers:
Thanks Kermit for the communication and availability. Looks like were in good shape for tonight, but if anything changes, I'll be sure to reach out.:cheers:

@llNovall Sorry for the late notice, but with my brother in town, I will not be racing tonight, good luck gentlemen, someone please take @Moby45 out for me...:cheers:
Thanks for notice, all good.
@MrDonovan, your up. Be prepared to race and enter race toom when open. You will be racing in place of Phlano_099 for his team with @nmcp1.
Welcome to your opening race, and good luck.:cheers:

@Fudman420
and @DesertPenguin
Remain on standby.

Great night of racing last night. Cinderella story for me in the first race. Went from back of the pack at Blue Moon to race 1 win at Laguna. The Vantage really likes Laguna. In second race, I was worried that I'd carve my way to the front and get ballast as reward. My pride and competitiveness got the better of me though as I didn't care: I wanted podium. I had that all easily in my sights at mid race. So as I am not rushing things, a race erupts and I go from being poised in great position to getting overtaken down by several drivers. What's this? Sheee ite, I have to start pushing or I'm gonna have a pathetic finish. Had to 'settle' for fifth. I want to petition the race director regarding Nova's Vette. That led sled couldn't make a turn without grinding off half its front tread in the first race. I dogged him in the first race for some laps then put him down by 10 seconds. So I never expected after passing him early in the second race that he would flip the PTO switch and mow the whole pack down like a bush hog through winter wheat. Not to take away anything from all the other drivers. I'm sure that when I see the replays, there'll be several others that had incredible drives. Also, great job to the TCR guys for driving hard and maintaining lines. Small complaint: Roman's ass kept getting bigger!
upload_2020-8-15_7-42-53.gif

Last edited:
Great night of racing last night. Cinderella story for me in the first race. Went from back of the pack at Blue Moon to race 1 win at Laguna. The Vantage really likes Laguna. In second race, I was worried that I'd carve my way to the front and get ballast as reward. My pride and competitiveness got the better of me though as I didn't care: I wanted podium. I had that all easily in my sights at mid race. So as I am not rushing things, a race erupts and I go from being poised in great position to getting overtaken down by several drivers. What's this? Sheee ite, I have to start pushing or I'm gonna have a pathetic finish. Had to 'settle' for fifth. I want to petition the race director regarding Nova's Vette. That led sled couldn't make a turn without grinding off half its front tread in the first race. I dogged him in the first race for some laps then put him down by 10 seconds. So I never expected after passing him early in the second race that he would flip the PTO switch and mow the whole pack down like a bush hog through winter wheat. Not to take away anything from all the other drivers. I'm sure that when I see the replays, there'll be several others that had incredible drives. Also, great job to the TCR guys for driving hard and maintaining lines. Small complaint: Roman's ass kept getting bigger!
View attachment 949536
The simple explanation is I'm fair in open air, but my pace is in the chase. I couldn't hit a 28 to save my life while out front, but after settling in and trying to chase you down, the pace starting coming in....but it was too late. You were already too far out, and I had GTR4MROD hunting me at that point.
Race 2 was all about chasing, and once onto that pack, I had to push. Times were very consistent in the low-mid 1:28's and little by little I started applying pressure and found the small openings.
It was some intense and very good racing, and I have to extend your compliments to the TCR field....very good racing in your class and situational awareness with cross class traffic.
Great racing to all drivers. Post race report, photos and replay broadcasts will be out in the next few days, but I will have the scoresheet out to everyone today. :cheers:

Last edited:
7133776581512692736_0.jpg
7134339531331895304_0.jpg

Event #2 at Laguna Seca Scores

Alright Drivers,
Here are the scoring sheets:
Screenshot_20200815-121437_Sheets.jpg

Screenshot_20200815-121536_Sheets.jpg

Screenshot_20200815-121555_Sheets.jpg

Live scroing sheets:

Congratulations to our Event #2 Class Winners
GS Class Winner: @GTR4MROD
TCR Class Winner: @Herimopp89

A few quick notes:
@GTR4MROD and @llNovall were tied at 29 points, however the tiebreaker goes to the driver with the lowest combined total time over both races. The difference after 2 races totaling 80+ minutes of racing was 1.593 seconds in GTR4MROD's favor. Congratulations and some great battling.:cheers:

@Herimopp89 secured a commanding victory in TCR Class with 30 points for the event with @Moby45 finishing with 26 points for 2nd place in class. Congratulations and glad to have you for your first event of the series.:cheers:

Also noteworthy was how close the spread in fast lap times were in TCR for Race 2, and overall among both classes.

This should hold you fellas over until the formal post race report is posted. Great Racing:cheers:

View attachment 949583 View attachment 949584

Alright Drivers,

A few quick notes:
@GTR4MROD and @llNovall were tied at 29 points, however the tiebreaker goes to the driver with the lowest combined total time over both races. The difference after 2 races totaling 80+ minutes of racing was 1.593 seconds in GTR4MROD's favor. Congratulations and some great battling.:cheers:

@Herimopp89 secured a commanding victory in TCR Class with 30 points for the event with @Moby45 finishing with 26 points for 2nd place in class. Congratulations and glad to have you for your first event of the series.:cheers:

Also noteworthy was how close the spread in fast lap times were in TCR for Race 2, and overall among both classes.

This should hold you fellas over until the formal post race report is posted. Great Racing:cheers:

Fantastic racing last night. This was my first multi class race and was really curious to see how it would play out with traffic but it was better than I could have imagined and that’s all due to outstanding drivers. Credit to @llNovall for setting this series up and these stats are crazy! Awesome. Looking forward to the next race.

View attachment 949583 View attachment 949584

Alright Drivers,

A few quick notes:

Thanks nova I had a blast

Back