**COMPLETED ** SNAIL Gr4-MPCC Season 1 Champions: GTR4MROD(GS)/ MrDonovan(TCR)

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 1,184 comments
@GTP_Guido
If your still up, come on back. Last place points are like 7 points, and you start at front R2

Edit: So sorry to see you got booted at the start. I so wanted to restart, but given the TCR Class already started their race, I had to let it go forward. Had they not started, I would have called for a restart. Was hoping you would come back for Race 2 to grab some extra team points, but with the time zone thing, I completely get it. Strong pace tonight. Might see you tomorrow night in the ARL Gr3 race, and if not I'm sure I'll be racing you before our next Porsche event.:cheers:

Last edited:
Quick note from Kyoto:
This event and last event were certainly favorable to the Porsche and Bimmers, but in earlier events they struggled to keep up with the higher hp cars, while the Mercs and McLarens, and Aston seem to be the perfect balance between nimble and power. I was going to do another adjustment review, but upon looking at all the events prior to the last 2, lap times across the board are very close.
If I make any adjustments I could unfairly tip the scale going into our final 3 events, therefore, I will be leaving the BOPs as is. There has to be some exceptance that some cars at certain tracks are just going to be better. I don't want it to get to a point where were chasing our tail...too many variables to account for. I've considered and adjusted for as much as I can, but there are other factors that are too much to tie down..ie: car to track strengths as mentioned above, drivers performing better at certain tracks, and the amount one driver commits to practice versus another. These I cannot account for. Imo, we're about as close as we can get.

Now, with that said, we do have a few cars that I hace freed up from long absent Reserves.
GCIMPREZAFTW, Kermit_2142, and AKZL298 of the GS Class will have their cars released for use. If they return before the season is out, they will have to select an remaining available car if there are any.
Drummer1979 of the TCR Class will have his car released for use.. If he returns before the season is out, he will have to select an remaining available car if there are any.

Any drivers who would like to switch their car may do so at anytime between events up to the Friday before our Race event 5pm est.
But:
*must remain in their current Class,
*select only from the list of available cars remaining,
*Since this is in an open season, drivers will be required to accept their newly chosen car with its current livery,
*Drivers can switch cars only once per season.

Car changes will be based on a first come first serve, and drivers will take the car at its base BOP value for their next event. Once race lap data is collected, any necessary adjustments will be made to bring their pace to within an acceptable range of the avg pace of field. (0.5 sec) Cars that are vacated by a driver selecting a different car will be made available for selection.

Available GS cars as of this post:
No. 28 Corvette Gr4
No. 40 Ford Mustang Gr4
No. 49 Ford Mustang Gr4
No. 55 Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport

Available TCR Cars as of this post:
No. 39 Audi TT Cup
No. 68 Audi TT Cup

For anyone feeling like their car just isn't working for them, feel free to post your selection. I will then forward the base bop, and amend all necessary driver entry information.

Event #9 Post Race Report and Scoring will be posted later this weekend. Catch you all then.
:cheers:

Last edited:
@GTP_Guido
If your still up, come on back. Last place points are like 7 points, and you start at front R2

Edit: So sorry to see you got booted at the start. I so wanted to restart, but given the TCR Class already started their race, I had to let it go forward. Had they not started, I would have called for a restart. Was hoping you would come back for Race 2 to grab some extra team points, but with the time zone thing, I completely get it. Strong pace tonight. Might see you tomorrow night in the ARL Gr3 race, and if not I'm sure I'll be racing you before our next Porsche event.:cheers:

Thank you Chris :cheers:
Bummer, after all the practice and a great Quali.
I came back and spectated a couple of laps but decided to go to bed.

Hope you all had fun. Have a good Weekend :cheers:

To all our Photography skilled drivers who raced at Kyoto, if you have the chance and time to do so, please grab and share some photos from this event. This would be a huge help. Should have scoring done tonight, and a post race report with any race photos collected to be included. Been a very busy week with work and hadn't had the chance to get caught up. Also, I should have the Race Broadcasts out over the weekend.

On this note, moving forward for this series, the Porsche series, and the GReddy series, anyone who could grab and share photos to capture the racing action from our events would be a huge help. I will be starting a new position as a Driver Supervisor on a new "early" daytime schedule, and won't likely have as much time during the week to keep up. Anything I couldn't get done post race or during the weekend would probably be delayed to the next weekend. Any and all help with photos or even full length replay broadcasts would certainly help keep everything moving.
Thanks in advance for any help afforded.:cheers:

Here are some Race 1 shots. I am so very persnickety (anal) about my photos. So the process takes so long that I don't do it very often ;)

Hopefully GT7 has higher grid capacity because TCR needs more beef!

20210311090054.jpg
20210311090109.jpg
20210311090120.jpg
20210311090129.jpg
20210311090139.jpg
20210311090147.jpg
20210311090155.jpg
20210311090203.jpg
20210311090211.jpg
20210311090219.jpg
20210311090227.jpg
20210311090235.jpg
20210311090245.jpg
20210311090254.jpg
20210311090302.jpg
20210311090309.jpg
20210311090318.jpg

Last edited:
20210311090529.jpg
20210311090054.jpg

Snail Gr4-Michelin
Pilot Cup Challenge
Event #9 on 3/5/21

Kyoto Driving Park-Yamagiwa
Post Race Report

Event #9 featured a light field, but plenty of battles. My race night was a tough one, and not much to highlight other than a few short exchanges in Race 1, and the nice couple lap battle in Race 2 with @TEX36.
@Roman_GT23 had a runaway in Race 1, but he and @IceWarden had an awesome, nearly race long battle, to the finish in Race 2.
@MrDonovan and @Fudman420 had some great pace and consistency here, with MrDonovan once again able to capture the win for an overall TCR Class sweep on the night.
Also, I haven't had a chance to review the replays for broadcasts quite yet, but I do remember seeing a 5 way battle at the front in Race 2 while collecting fast lap data. I will certainly being targeting this battle and as many others as possible for the broadcasts.

Feel free to share and elaborate on any races or battles you may have enjoyed. Great job to everyone on the grid Friday night.

Stewards Summary
No incidents reported.

Winners Circle
Our Event #9 Winners for each race:
Race 1 GS Class Winner:
@Roman_GT23
Race 2 GS Class Winner:
@IceWarden

Race 1& 2 TCR Class Winner: @MrDonovan

Overall Event #9 GS Class Winner:
@Roman_GT23 :cheers:

Overall Event #9 TCR Class Repeat Winner:
@MrDonovan :cheers:

Congratulations to our Race and Overall Event Winners:cheers:

Scoring sheet link is available in the tab below:
Screenshot_20210311-183700_Sheets.jpg
Screenshot_20210311-183809_Sheets.jpg
Screenshot_20210311-183833_Sheets.jpg
Race 1
In process

Race 2
In process
Actual replays can be found for playback at search tag: mpcc

No new Roster News to report.

Our next race is on:
Friday, April 9th at 9pm est
at Autopolis International, 16:00, Cloudy

Race Event Details will be posted within the next week or so. Drivers are welcome and encouraged to confirm their attendance or availability at anytime between now and Thursday, 4/8/21, 5pm est.

Great racing everyone, and I'll look forward to our next event, and will see many of you in the Porsches on the 19th. :cheers:

Last edited:
7061653089188611600_0.jpg

Race Event Details Post

Snail Gr4-Michelin Pilot
Cup Challenge
Points Event #10
on Friday, April 9th, 9pm est

at Autopolis International
16:00 Cloudy

Race Event Settings and Details
Track: Autopolis International
Time of Day: 16:00
Conditions: Cloudy
Race1 Laps: (22 laps/40+min), Fastest First
Race 2 Laps: (22 laps/40+min), Reverse Grid
Lobby Settings can be found below:

Standard Lobby Settings
Basic Settings

Room Mode: Practice/Race
Room Privacy: Public *
Room Settings
Room Name: Snail Gr4-Michelin Pilot Cup Challenge. Event #1-12 (Date)- Members only
Race Type: Race for Real
Fixed Room Ownership: No **
Max no of participants: 16
Required Sportsmanship Rating --
Track Settings
Track: As per Race Date
Select Condition: See Event Details
Laps: laps to = 40 min (or choice for practice)
Race Settings
Start Type: Grid Start
Grid Order: R1, Fastest First (Set by host off qualifying)/R2, Reverse Grid from previous results.
Grid
Boost: None
Slip Stream Strength: Real
Visible Damage: On
Mechanical Damage: Light
Tire Wear: 1x
Fuel Consumption: 1x
Initial Fuel: Default
Grip Red. On Wet Track / Track Edge: Real
Race Finish Delay: 180 sec
Overtaking System Usage Time Multiplier: Default Qualifier Settings Time Limit: none
Qualifying Continuation Time: none
Tire Wear during Qualifying: N/A
Fuel Consumption Qualifying: N/A
Regulation Settings
Filter by Category: Gr4
Balance of Performance: Off
Power Limit: No Limit
Weight: No Limit
Maximum Tire Rating: Racing Medium (RM) Minimum Tire Rating: Racing Hard (RH)
Livery Restrictions: No Limit
Type of Racing Number: No Limit
Assign Car Number Automatically: None
Tuning: No Limit
Kart Usage: Off
Ghosting During Race: None
Shortcut Penalty: None
Wall Collision Penalty: None
Wall Collision Detection: Default
Side Contact Penalty: Off
Correct Vehicle Course After Wall Collission: Off Replace Car at Course Out: Off
Flag Rules: Off
Limit Driving Options
Countersteering Assist: Prohibited
Active Stability Management (ASM): Prohibited Driving Line Assist: Prohibited
Traction Control: Prohibited
ABS: No Limit
Auto-Drive: Prohibited
Notes: * There seems to be a glitch that not all friends can find a Friends Only room ** Friends Only room only allows for Fixed Host. Special permission is required to set up a Fixed Host lobby *** In case manual lineup is required, there is and option to set grid manually.

Please see the link below to verify your Driver BOP requirements:
Driver Specific BOP Chart

Target Average lap times:
GS Class: approx 1:51-1:52
TCR Class: approx ??

-Above are all the Event #10 details for anyone who would like to get an early jump on some practice/lapping sessions.
-Confirmation to Attend Post/Reminder will be posted to the thread by Friday, April 2nd. Please look in on this thread and reply here or via psn when you know you status.
(Any Drivers who wish to confirm attendance early may do so at any time).
Reminder: Reserve driver priority is based first on level of past participation, and then on date and time availability was confirmed.

See some of you for our other events, and the rest of you on Race night.:cheers:

Practice room open

CLOSED

Last edited:
View attachment 1000572
Race Event Details Post

Snail Gr4-Michelin Pilot
Cup Challenge
Points Event #10
on Friday, April 9th, 9pm est

at Autopolis International
16:00 Cloudy

Race Event Settings and Details
Track: Autopolis International
Time of Day: 16:00
Conditions: Cloudy
Race1 Laps: (22 laps/40+min), Fastest First
Race 2 Laps: (22 laps/40+min), Reverse Grid
Lobby Settings can be found below:

Standard Lobby Settings
Basic Settings

Room Mode: Practice/Race
Room Privacy: Public *
Room Settings
Room Name: Snail Gr4-Michelin Pilot Cup Challenge. Event #1-12 (Date)- Members only
Race Type: Race for Real
Fixed Room Ownership: No **
Max no of participants: 16
Track Settings
Track: As per Race Date
Select Condition: See Event Details
Laps: laps to = 40 min (or choice for practice)
Race Settings
Start Type: Grid Start
Grid Order: R1, Fastest First (Set by host off qualifying)/R2, Reverse Grid from previous results.
Grid
Boost: None
Slip Stream Strength: Real
Visible Damage: On
Mechanical Damage: Light
Tire Wear: 1x
Fuel Consumption: 1x
Initial Fuel: Default
Grip Red. On Wet Track / Track Edge: Real
Race Finish Delay: 180 sec
Overtaking System Usage Time Multiplier: Default Qualifier Settings Time Limit: none
Qualifying Continuation Time: none
Tire Wear during Qualifying: N/A
Fuel Consumption Qualifying: N/A
Regulation Settings
Filter by Category: Gr4
Balance of Performance: Off
Power Limit: No Limit
Weight: No Limit
Maximum Tire Rating: Racing Medium (RM) Minimum Tire Rating: Racing Hard (RH)
Livery Restrictions: No Limit
Type of Racing Number: No Limit
Assign Car Number Automatically: None
Tuning: No Limit
Kart Usage: Off
Ghosting During Race: None
Shortcut Penalty: None
Wall Collision Penalty: None
Wall Collision Detection: Default
Side Contact Penalty: Off
Correct Vehicle Course After Wall Collission: Off Replace Car at Course Out: Off
Flag Rules: Off
Limit Driving Options
Countersteering Assist: Prohibited
Active Stability Management (ASM): Prohibited Driving Line Assist: Prohibited
Traction Control: Prohibited
ABS: No Limit
Auto-Drive: Prohibited
Notes: * There seems to be a glitch that not all friends can find a Friends Only room ** Friends Only room only allows for Fixed Host. Special permission is required to set up a Fixed Host lobby *** In case manual lineup is required, there is and option to set grid manually.

Please see the link below to verify your Driver BOP requirements:
Driver Specific BOP Chart

Target Average lap times:
GS Class: approx 1:51-1:52
TCR Class: approx ??

-Above are all the Event #10 details for anyone who would like to get an early jump on some practice/lapping sessions.
-Confirmation to Attend Post/Reminder will be posted to the thread by Friday, April 2nd. Please look in on this thread and reply here or via psn when you know you status.
(Any Drivers who wish to confirm attendance early may do so at any time).
Reminder: Reserve driver priority is based first on level of past participation, and then on date and time availability was confirmed.

See some of you for our other events, and the rest of you on Race night.:cheers:
Ive been pretty consistent in the 1:55s.

Latest Posts

Back