**COMPLETED ** SNAIL-GReddy Z "No ABS" Drivers Challenge Champion: Roman_GT23

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 564 comments
I wont be able to make tomorrows race. I have to work a little later than normal and also I have some people coming over for dinner.

Hopefully I will be able to make the next one! I am already missing this series.

Should be up soon - I think
Host is not online as yet

Last edited:
You will still drive away from me, only to be seen in the distance. Your skills far surpass any weight advantage I might be given.

Sorry for the lack of racing on my part I was a damaged unit tonight

c153edb26222f777711376993dcc0e2a--christmas-cartoons-christmas-humor.jpg

Somehow that was really rough for me despite my finishes. This weight................messes with my weight transfer so much. Sorry for some people I might have caught off guard with my early braking, but to deal with the weight transfer I had to do it to not go sailing into the shadow realm. I think with the results though I have reached maxed weight. Which means I'm the champion right??? Right?!?

Juju-Sprinkles-Snorlax-Pokemon-Life.jpg

Watching the replays, I noticed my car is somewhat erratic at one or more points during the night. I'm a bit new to messing with any of this stuff as I've been out of it for quite a while, and also that I rarely saved replays in the past; though I've noticed the same moments appear at least slightly different in different replays. So I guess I'm not sure if I'm appearing to lag on other's screens, or if this is a case of the game's replay fidelity been poor. As an example, looking at this section of Rob Brown's replay, my car almost appears as if I hit the wall on the inside leaving Mercedes Arena. While I turned the car to avoid doing just that, it looks quite a bit more violent in Rob's replay than mine. And even less so in my screen capture from the race. Is this just how the replays normally?

The moment in question is the right hander leaving the arena in this clip, which is from Rob's replay;

It appears much smoother from the same view but taken from my saved replay;

And smoother yet again from my in car on my saved replay;

And lastly, this is the full race from my PS4 capture, in which the moment referenced above occurs about 3:10 into the video.

As I figured after watching the first two, the real time race capture during the race reflects most accurately what I saw through my screen, but I'm not necessarily sure if that is true for others or if cars are often jerking round like that in replays. I hadn't watched many on GTSport previously, and certainly not closely. Another thing I noticed between even the PS4 capture and the replay from my view above, is that not only is the car smoother in the capture but it doesn't seem as loaded up, and even the sounds from scrubbing are slightly different like the game almost assumes things when replaying the race.

That isn't to ignore that I probably deserve a point each for failure to leave racing room to Rob in the outside of the arena, or going out of bounds exiting the arena. ;) That's just the clip where I noticed the difference in fidelity/input resolution/whatever that seems to cause the moment to look slightly different in the most pronounced way during the race. Not sure if this is abnormal or if that's just how the replays always are on there.

Other than that, fun driving and a very challenging race. Great driving by stryker13 to the race win, and a nice fast lap in there. Some 3-4 wide happenings, all sorts of excitement! Like I said in the lobby, not sure if I owe just about everyone an apology or what. :lol:

Last edited:
Very interesting video clips.
I don’t remember you being erratic. I had a blast racing you (while it lasted) and before I eventually punted @RACECAR who was dogging the guy towing tandem pup trailers;@Roman_GT23
Okay, okay, I have to come clean, watching the replay, it was completely my fault and not the guy with 3 dead bodies in the trunk, who may or may not have braked early.

Last edited:
Alright, that's good. I don't normally watch other replays, so I was caught off guard when I saw my car there in your replay and thought to myself "I don't remember hitting that wall?!" That's what caused me to take notice in a little more detail. I guess the replays are just like that.

@Roman_GT23 @Marcus Garvey @GTR4MROD @The Afterman @Stryker13 @RACECAR @Phlano099 @DublDee @TEX36 @Moby45 @SydViscus @CourageRising @llNovall
@racingchamp30
@Noob01_lmdead

He fellas, you are tagged above because you have raced in 3 of the 4 SNAIL no ABS Driver's Challenge events. This marks the halfway point in season 1.
Question 1: Should we eliminate the qualifier? We would start race 1 based on how we start the qualifier up to now. Meaning, race 1 would be based on fast lap from previous race. (If you missed the previous race, you start near the bottom behind drivers with times logged from the previous event, and in order based on DR, then Kudosprime Speedscore.)
Question 2: Would you like to see the two races with 5 additional minutes? So from 20 to 25 for race 1 and from 30 to 35 for race 2.
Reply in this forum thread with a format resembling this:
eliminate OR keep qualifier
no change
OR longer race time

Last edited:
@Roman_GT23 @Raul Jimenez @Marcus Garvey @GTR4MROD @The Afterman @Stryker13 @RACECAR @Phlano099 @DublDee @TEX36 @Moby45 @SydViscus @CourageRising @llNovall
He fellas, you are tagged above because you have raced in 3 of the 4 SNAIL no ABS Driver's Challenge events. This marks the halfway point in season 1.
Question 1: Should we eliminate the qualifier? We would start race 1 based on how we start the qualifier up to now. Meaning, race 1 would be based on fast lap from previous race. (If you missed the previous race, you start near the bottom behind drivers with times logged from the previous event, and in order based on DR, then Kudosprime Speedscore.)
Question 2: Would you like to see race1 and 2 with 5 additional minutes? So from 20 to 25 for race 1 and from 30 to 35 for race 2.
eliminate OR keep qualifier
no change
OR longer race time

I think at this point the qualifier race might not really be needed anymore and you can set grid the way you were thinking.

Hi just joined a lobby and learned about this series, probably a bit late but if there's a spot available I would love to drive! Let me know what I need to register

My PSN is: Gunther_-_0

I don't mind any racing number, I'll just say 50

Last edited:
eliminate qualifier
longer race time

Will the Tire/Fuel remain at 1X?

Hi just joined a lobby and learned about this series, probably a bit late but if there's a spot available I would love to drive! Let me know what I need to register

My PSN is: Gunther_-_0

I don't mind any racing number, I'll just say 50
Welcome to the series. It is at the midway point, but still plenty of racing available. You will start out on the Reserve list, but typically there are at least 2-3 spots open on race nights. Simply confirm your availability as soon as possible, and if your among the the first 2 or so to confirm available you'll be racing. To get started, have a look at the first post at see the "Livery Requirements " tab to create your livery. Please tag me and share the link for livery when complete. From there, spec your car to the series spec and tire and start getting some practice. Welcome, and good luck on your first race.:cheers:

Welcome to the series. It is at the midway point, but still plenty of racing available. You will start out on the Reserve list, but typically there are at least 2-3 spots open on race nights. Simply confirm your availability as soon as possible, and if your among the the first 2 or so to confirm available you'll be racing. To get started, have a look at the first post at see the "Livery Requirements " tab to create your livery. Please tag me and share the link for livery when complete. From there, spec your car to the series spec and tire and start getting some pract

Hi will be available for the next race as far as I'm aware, just made my livery, here's the link. https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/user/livery/6580804/1/6341720301377683993

I would share in-game screenshots, but I'm on ps5 and there literally isn't a browser function unfortunately, hopefully it's all clear though

Last edited:
Back