SNAIL Invitational - Next Event: On Hold till Further Notice

• Thread starter Rednose58
  • 615 comments
Thanks to those who responded so far. We have:
3 "Yes"
6 "No"
and 21 missing in action

I know it is Valentines Day tomorrow and Friday.... Do you think you can work up the courage and tell us what you going to do? We can keep it a secret if you want to race instead of buying flowers or go out for dinner. (I assume @Timlour will be helping out again if the races go ahead)

Top 14 Drivers (Automatic Qualifiers):
@Nicktune, @racingchamp30, @llNovall, @Timlour, @TEX36, @Rob Brown, @diehard racer, @Xradkins, @Kgffy, @SlvrOnyx, @NASCARNATE91, @soundtiger95, @JamCar0ne, @N38824r

Next 16 Drivers (Wildcards):
@Fudman420, @Akzl298, @gulfvet67, @thracerviewr, @Phlano099, @IDreamInGT3, @GTPvw_slc, @Grandpa Money , @Skills, @Bologna_Duc, @basswerks1, @CANOWORMS1, @Noob01_lmdead, @stelephant, @Lean_22_YT, @pubason
Sorry for the later reply. Was waiting to see how plans looked for tomorrow. I will not be able to attend. With the Mrs and 2 daughters, some pizza, and a movie, my date night is set. Good luck to all those attending, in the race I mean ;).

Thanks to those who responded so far. We have:
3 "Yes"
6 "No"
and 21 missing in action

I know it is Valentines Day tomorrow and Friday.... Do you think you can work up the courage and tell us what you going to do? We can keep it a secret if you want to race instead of buying flowers or go out for dinner. (I assume @Timlour will be helping out again if the races go ahead)

@Nicktune, @racingchamp30, @llNovall, @Timlour, @TEX36, @Rob Brown, @diehard racer, @Xradkins, @Kgffy, @SlvrOnyx, @NASCARNATE91, @soundtiger95, @JamCar0ne, @N38824r

@Fudman420, @Akzl298, @gulfvet67, @thracerviewr, @Phlano099, @IDreamInGT3, @GTPvw_slc, @Grandpa Money , @Skills, @Bologna_Duc, @basswerks1, @CANOWORMS1, @Noob01_lmdead, @stelephant, @Lean_22_YT, @pubason
As soon as I mentioned to my wife that I had an Invitational to run on Friday, she said "Friday is Valentine's day," in that tone which implies if I even thought about deviating from supposed plan to woo her through the evening, I would lose the set that dangles...

Lol, so I had to change my response to 'No'

Would love to be there, but it looks like that's not an option

..... mmmm... my wife said I can race if I want to..... problem is I'm 3000 miles away from my rig.....

I'm sorry that I haven't been available but I have some new business that is more than I could have anticipated. I don't know if I can make it tonight but I may be able to get home in time. I will post by 2:00 PM today and let you know.

Only 4 drivers confirmed.
upload_2020-2-14_12-3-40.png

If @Timlour is available tonight you can try and run it. If there are not enough people, then just run a recruiting lobby for a while. The score sheets are available and ready.

I'll put a survey together next week to see what we can do for the future - potentially moving it a different night that doesn't clash with other things.

For Info:
@Rednose58, @MajorBlixem, @SAMHAIN85, @nmcp1

My two cents which is probably worth less than that.

Thursday and Sunday are out due to conflicting events.
Friday and Saturday have always been a tough sell because some people have lives.
Monday could be a tough sell for four months out of the year (Monday Night Football). It's also racing on back to back nights which could present an issue for some.
Tuesday and Wednesday are probably the best nights as long as you can finish early enough to not be a deterent to those that have an early start during the week. Wednesday brings the back to back nights into play for those running practice on Thursday. Tuesday is just sitting there right in the middle of the longest break between official events.

Only 4 drivers confirmed.
View attachment 890774

If @Timlour is available tonight you can try and run it. If there are not enough people, then just run a recruiting lobby for a while. The score sheets are available and ready.

I'll put a survey together next week to see what we can do for the future - potentially moving it a different night that doesn't clash with other things.

For Info:
@Rednose58, @MajorBlixem, @SAMHAIN85, @nmcp1
In my opinion, this event needs to be postponed to tomorrow, because there's only 4 drivers that have confirmed...

@Rednose58

Can't make it, sorry. Need to seriously unwind from dealing with nervous-Nelly's worried more about budgets than infrastructure to support what they are trying to do. Gotta love those shoe string millionaires. :banghead::banghead::banghead::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:💡💡:nervous::nervous::nervous:

I'll be there as I stated, just hope there will be a few more. I think last time was a good challenge. Tonight combos are all fun and running the extra laps will keep it unique. 'Jump in, the water is just right'!

Lobby is open.

ID#: 0475-4119-1162-3166-4708

EDIT: Calling off the event. Tough decision, but the first race with the three of us was pretty much a procession and I doubt a 4th driver is going to change that. No rush @Lean_22_YT

Last edited:
Back