**COMPLETED** SNAIL-Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge: Season 1 Champion: Rob Brown

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 1,627 comments
5917805776812934660_0.jpg

Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge
Event #1,
August 16th, 2019.

Alright Gentleman,
I'm reposting this in the event some may have missed it.

Event #1 is finally here, TONIGHT! Thanks to everyone who replied and confirmed their status throughout the week. We have a full 16 drivers confirmed and planning to attend. Great job everyone.:cheers:

Below is a summary of details for this event.

*Race Room is opened at 9pm est.
-Verify your driver placement and tire compound before entering track.
- Warm up and practice is permitted until the start of qualifying

*All Drivers must have their entry made by 9:30pm est or the Start of the 30 minute Qualifying session.
-Disconnects during Qualifying: drivers who are disconnected during qualifying will be allowed to race in Race 1 if back in the room by the end of qualifying or 3 min after disconnecting. All drivers will back out from the grid, and the grid is to be set by host, with the Race 1 to start promptly thereafter.

*Race 1 to begin automatically after Qualifying or around 10pm est.

Race Night Details
Track: Lago Maggiore GP
Time: 18:15 Fine weather
Qualifying: 30 minutes
Race 1: 10 laps (Fastest First)
Race 2: 10 laps (Reverse grid)
Race 3: 15 laps (Reverse grid)

Vehicle
'16 Porsche 911 GT3 RS
491hp
2723 lbs
Tuning Allowed

All Drivers, please clear your network cache before entering the race room to give us the best chances at a smooth operating race night.

Good luck, and looking forward to racing with everyone tonight.

See you all on the grid.
:cheers:

Maybe we can all settle down a bit - so the bumping n banging will be reduced.
Otherwise we may lose some drivers.
Hope I didn’t cause anyone a difficulty.
Hopefully everyone will chalk it up to growing pains, calm down a little bit, and get used to the drivers their racing. This is for fun, and no money involved. The whole focus of this series is not all out race night domination, but good, clean, hard fought door to door battles no matter where your at on the grid. I had an absolute battle with juicy and Raw in the first race for 8th place. Finished ninth, but felt like 2nd. Was alot of fun.

I got disconnected during that last race :banghead: Really sucks because I enjoyed all the races a lot!
I was surprised to see you go off track, now it’s apparent that you DCed. It was an absolute blast trying to get around you even with your slickery RH against my sticky RM. I can’t normally keep up with you!
Same for you Nova, it was a blast. Sorry for all the contact to your bumper but I wanted to challenge / race you. Was loads of fun. I’d be pathetic on RH.

Is there an opening for this series?
I originally planned for Reserve drivers, but as last night showed, the more the merrier. I'll take as many Reserves as I can get. Cant promise you will always have a grid spot, but if you are available and you are quick to jump at an opening when there is an absence any Reserve driver could see some action. Also, since only 6 of the 10 races could t toward the season points tally, inexpect many Reserve drivers to be in the points running during the season. Review the first post in this thread if you would like to join as a Reserve, and follow the instructions at the end of that post. I will follow up with a welcome message and details pertaining to Reserve drivers. I'll keep my eye open for it.:cheers:

I was surprised to see you go off track, now it’s apparent that you DCed. It was an absolute blast trying to get around you even with your slickery RH against my sticky RM. I can’t normally keep up with you!
Same for you Nova, it was a blast. Sorry for all the contact to your bumper but I wanted to challenge / race you. Was loads of fun. I’d be pathetic on RH.
@Rob Brown,
No worries. It was great having the heat on me toward the end. My heart was pounding at that races end. Great fun last night Gents.

@llNovall

I have reviewed the Series Details and would like to compete in the Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge-presented by Snail. I would prefer to be assigned to a race team and issued a car livery and number by the Series Director.

@WyldOne_1976 @WyldOne1976 @USERID_77a23 @pags
We were involved in ping pong that collected us in race 2, lap 7, 14:00 minutes in. It was an unusual sequence of events that deteriorated. It certainly may have been minimized if I didn’t try to take advantage of the situation. 0r at the very least, didn’t create a 3 wide situation where nobody benefits. Sorry for my part in that fiasco.

@llNovall

I have reviewed the Series Details and would like to compete in the Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge-presented by Snail. I would prefer to be assigned to a race team and issued a car livery and number by the Series Director.
Welcome to the Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge.
You will be added to the drivers list as a Reserve Driver, and will be rated based on your time trial.
Time trial:
Arcade mode
Go to "Time Trial"
Nurburgring GP default time/weather.
Use the '16 Porsche 911 GT3 RS in stock form.
Race Medium tires
Run around 10-12 laps to set your best time. Screen shot or take a picture and PM me here on gtplanet the result.
You will then be placed as a Gold or Platinum driver. After, please continue the directions below.

Please review the first post of the thread for all the series details if you have not already.
Also, please review and get familiar with the Reserve Driver Process, and be sure to add and save all liveries available in the same link corresponding to your driver placement. Glad to have you, and welcome aboard.

Welcome to the Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge.
You will be added to the drivers list as a Reserve Driver, and will be rated based on your time trial.
Time trial:
Arcade mode
Go to "Time Trial"
Nurburgring GP default time/weather.
Use the '16 Porsche 911 GT3 RS in stock form.
Race Medium tires
Run around 10-12 laps to set your best time. Screen shot or take a picture and PM me here on gtplanet the result.
You will then be placed as a Gold or Platinum driver. After, please continue the directions below.

Please review the first post of the thread for all the series details if you have not already.
Also, please review and get familiar with the Reserve Driver Process, and be sure to add and save all liveries available in the same link corresponding to your driver placement. Glad to have you, and welcome aboard.

@llNovall I understand the Reserve Driver Process and will have times for you tomorrow...have saved the Gold Liveries.

7062309420338775048_0.jpg

Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge August 16th, 2019 Results and post race report
Great Racing Friday Night Gentlemen. It was alot of close door to door racing, mostly clean, some, not so much, but expected for a first race Event with alot of drivers who are not used to one another.
Below is the scoring sheet of Friday's results. Congratulations to @nmcp1 for the overall win for Event #1.

Please be reminded there is a penalty and IR system in place if anyone feels there was an incident worth reporting. If so, please file them by this Friday 8/23/19 5pm est per the penalty instructions in the first post. The Stewardship will review and assess penalties before the next race night if necessary.

Overall, great racing and great premiere event for the start of the Season. Monza is next.

@N38824r
With your confirmation of attendance for Event #1, your grid spot was held for you for the night. I understand that life events do come up that may take us away from racing, but as stated in the absentee policy, communication is necessary and required.
Since you were MIA on Friday, August 16th for the first Event, with no report or reply when messaged, you have forfeited your primary grid spot for the remainder of the season, and will be placed on the Reserve Drivers List. Please review the Reserve driver process, and Add all Gold class liveries linked to your save file to be used when needed.

Reserve Driver List and Priority order based on sign up dates
@Noob01_lmdead
@govstruck
@DublDee
@pags
@WildOne1976
@Mtran82
@Phlano099
Attention Reserve Drivers. Any Reserve driver who is interested in filling the vacant primary grid spot, stated above, please post below by 8pm est tonight, Monday 8/19/19. Of the Reserve Drivers who reply their interest, the vacant spot will awarded to the driver highest on the priority list above.

The open seat is for the No. 61 Kelly-Moss R&R car.
8502889638809043000_23.jpg

I will pm the livery link to the winning driver.

Last edited:
Back