Open SNAIL-Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge (Season 2): Event #6 at Monza, Friday, December 18th, 9pm est

Discussion in 'SNAIL Racing League' started by llNovall, May 13, 2020.

1. MrDonovan

MrDonovan

Running a full length race tonight or tomorrow (Australia time), will put lobby details up at the time.

In the one full-length run I’ve done so far I made it without a stop by short-shifting a little, and was down to 0.0 laps left as I crossed the line. Which is cutting it pretty fine... :)

2. MikeGrove

MikeGrove

Hey guys! I would like to join the series as a reserve driver. If possible I’d like to race on Friday

:)

3. llNovall

llNovall

Great practice session with you tonight, and glad to have you with us as a Reserve Driver. I will have you added to the scoresheets and drivers roster, and add you to the Reserve Drivers Newsfeed.
    - @DesertPenguin is our 1st Reserve and is already set to cover Rauljimenez76 for Moorespeed.
    With your signup and immediate confirmation to be available for this Friday, you are the next Reserve to cover. I will notify you of any absence. Welcome, and glad to have you with us for the series.:cheers:

4. Roman_GT23

Roman_GT23

Alright. Who picked this track? This is worse than that Yamigawa combo last season! :mad::banghead:. I'll definitely be back on RM after this race ;)

I can't even stare at a high 2:13 RN let alone a 2:12.

5. llNovall

llNovall

Nope, not fallin' for it...lol. In all seriousness, pace is found gradually on this circuit...so many places to gain or loss big. Also, fuel strategy will be a factor. Im sure you'll get those times down as we get to Friday. :cheers:
    And, RM are never gonna happen..lol;)

MrDonovan, GTP_Guido and Moby45 like this.
  6. Moby45

Moby45

At least give him Sport Softs. That way he will have a soft tire option. Haha

7. Roman_GT23

Roman_GT23

Haha while you think I may or may not be spouting BS. I am still trying to get used to my upgrade and the 911 is not the answer (unless I find a magic setup since Pirianos isn't even saving my bacon).

I noticed the lack of fuel in practice. It maybe my only chance at a good result

Attached Files:

8. llNovall

llNovall

Practice Lobby Open
    Room ID: 0475 4294 3722 0376 2756

MrDonovan and GTP_Guido like this.
  9. Phlano099

Phlano099 Premium

Is that your setup?

llNovall likes this.
  10. llNovall

llNovall

Not Porsche Cup related, but found this Historic Trans Am Sprint race at Sebring. Its mentioned that these are not replicas, but the real deal cars cleaned up and re-readied for racing...hence the almost overly careful racing, but still a fun watch. Enjoy .

MrDonovan, GTP_Guido and Moby45 like this.
  11. Moby45

Moby45

You should watch Touring Car Master's series(Australia's version of this). They race like they are winning $500k at the end

MrDonovan, GTP_Guido and llNovall like this.
  12. llNovall

llNovall

Just found one, thanks for the referral.
    These Aussie guys are nuts! Pretty cool that this series looks to be old cars that allow new racing technology underneath.

13. Xradkins

Xradkins

Well dude. No wonder you struggle with that rig (awesome), it has no "Cup Holder"!
    upload_2020-8-27_9-37-33.jpeg

14. Roman_GT23

Roman_GT23

It's my new current setup graduating from a G27 with drivehub

I actually do have a cup holder, it's just not pictured :p , but it's on the lower right for me. I like your placement better, but that's where my shifter would be lol

15. llNovall

llNovall

@TomMang_68 of NGT Motorsport did not reply by the 5pm est Thursday deadline, and therefore forfeits the grid spot for Event #2.

@MikeGrove
    You are our next Reserve Driver confirmed available and will be racing the NGT Motorsport No. 27 Porsche alongside @GTP_Guido for the team points effort. A pm with livery link will follow shortly.
    Please confirm you recieved this with a reply. Congratulations and looking forward to racing with you tomorrow night.:cheers:

16. DesertPenguin

DesertPenguin (Banned)

Am I racing tomorrow or not yet? Wasn't sure

GTP_Guido and llNovall like this.
  17. llNovall

llNovall

Yes, you were 1st Reserve covering Rauljimenez76 for Moorespeed. See the reserve driver newsfeed for the announcement post and link for your No. 6 livery. See you tomorrow night.

GTP_Guido and DesertPenguin like this.
  18. MrDonovan

MrDonovan

Hi Peoples: practice lobby up for some full-length race testing
    0475-4294-6174-8666-0676

If someone joins I’m happy to do a proper race, otherwise I’m just going to smash out 18 laps before I log into work for the day :)

*Room Closed*

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
    GTP_Guido, Phlano099, Moby45 and 3 others like this.
  19. MrDonovan

MrDonovan

Thanks for joining me @RadStewart & Bologna!

Was good to get an 18-lap run in. For the record, I need to work on fuel management a little more... ran out of gas 200m before the finish line :D

GTP_Guido, RadStewart and llNovall like this.
  20. DesertPenguin

DesertPenguin (Banned)

Okay, take me back off because I've got the IRS Roadster Cup. We just started so I'm gonna be out for a bit longer.

21. llNovall

llNovall

S2 Event 2 Porsche GT3 Cup Spotter png file.png
    Pre-Race Drivers Briefing
    Event #2
    at Circuit de Sainte Croix-B
    August 28th, 2020

Gentlemen, we have just over 24 hours to go before our Event #2 Race night starts :tup::tup::tup:.
    Season 2 of the Snail Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge started off strong with a great opening event at Barcelona, with many long and intense battles all across the field.
    Now we are on to Sainte Croix on the B layout for Event #2. This track presents numerous technical and challenging corners that can reward immensely or punish harshly. Also, due to the long high speed straightaways, fuel strategy will be a factor. Be sure to get those practice and testing laps in before race time.

As a reminder to all drivers, please verify your weight, and apply any issued and required success ballast based on the chart HERE

Also, drivers are reminded that this series now implements a success ballast and class graduating structure. Be sure to secure as many points as you can, even if its towards the back side of the grid....They add up over the 2 races.
    See Tab 2.3 in the first post if you haven't already for Success Ballast details.

Race Room opens for entry and warmup at 9pm est. Please verify you are on the correct tires and in the correct livery. All entries must be in before qualifying which is set to start at 9:15pm est.
    (Primary Party Chat will be opened just before the room creation)

**Please be reminded that the grid will be set manually after qualifying to allow drivers to return to the lobby to perform the "NO ABS Bug" work around. See below:
    1.) After qualifying, exit track to lobby, but do not cancel your entry (green check mark must stay selected)
    2.) Go to your "Options" icon, change/verify your desired settings
    3.) Go to "Members List" at top of the screen to verify everything is right.
    4.) Wait for race to start.
    This sequence must be done before race 2 as well, so repeat the steps above between races. (No need to cancel entry)**
    Our roster is set for tomorrow night. Looks like we will have a full 16 drivers on the grid with @DesertPenguin and new to the series @MikeGrove filling in as Reserves for Moorespeed and NGT Motorsport.
    DesertPenguin has rescinded his entry for Event #2 for the Moorespeed team. We currently are at 15 drivers on the grid. If there are any available Reserve drivers, please reply below and I will pm the link for the Moorespeed Reserve livery.

@Kermit_2142 on possible stand by.

Below is our grid for tonight:

Event #1 Driver Roster
    @Rob Brown /no1needs2perish (Platinum)
    @llNovall /II-NOVA-II (Platinum)
    @nmcp1 /nmcp1 (Platinum)
    @TEX36 /TEX36 (Gold)
    @Phlano099 /Phlano_099 (Gold)
    @Roman_GT23 /Roman_GT23 (Platinum)
    @Moby45 /Moby45 (Platinum)
    @Bologna_Duc /Bologna_Duc (Gold)
    @Xradkins /xrad-11 (Platinum)
    @RadStewart / heated_seats (Gold)
    @GTR4MROD / GTR4MROD (Gold)
    @Yugofan / Yugofan (Gold)
    @GTP_Guido / GTP_Guido (Gold)
    @MrDonovan / MrDonovan (Gold)
    [USER=290822]@DesertPenguin[/USER] (Gold) (1st Reserve)
    @MikeGrove /PX7-Grove (Platinum) (2nd Reserve)
    Open Grid Spot, No. 6 Moorespeed

Remaining Reserve Drivers
    (no specific priority order until confirmed available)
    (?) @Kermit_2142 / Kermit_2142 (Platinum)
    @SAMHAIN85 / SAMHAIN85 (Platinum)
    @LST / Duce_LST (Platinum)
    @AColon / Dioready (Gold)
    @Mark Elman / LmanKram7 (Gold)
    @PrivateSmiles /PrivateSmiles (Gold)
    @standucci
    @BB25

(X) @Noob01_lmdead/ rauljimenez76 (Gold)-Reported Absent
    (X) @TomMang_68/OMG_MANG (Gold)- Missed confirmation deadline
    (X) @GCimprezaFTW /GCimprezaFTW (Gold)-Reported Absent

Any remaining Reserve drivers who are interested in being on standby if needed, please reply in the thread by 8pm est Friday night.

For everyone else, good luck to all drivers and teams. See you all on the grid:cheers:

Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
  22. MrDonovan

MrDonovan

Hi Nova - looking fwd to tomorrow’s racing :)

Apologies if this is common knowledge, but what’s the “No ABS glitch” thingy about? Cheers

Phlano099, GTP_Guido and llNovall like this.
  23. llNovall

llNovall

Good data, and thanks for the updates.
    The ABS glithch "might" still be an issue where sometimes if your on track and the race is started, some drivers may experience a slippery effect and a feeling of weak abs. To offset this, we qualify, I then take the order and set the grid manually. At this time, everyone can follow the instructions. I will then start the race from the lobby screen. This guarantees no issues. It does seem that even if you do not perform the sequence and the race is started from the manual grid prompt while everyone is greened up and off track, that all is fine. For all we know it is no longer an issue, but we still do to be sure.

TEX36, GTP_Guido and MrDonovan like this.
  24. llNovall

llNovall

Practice room open
    ID: 0475 4292 9020 8343 1492

Phlano099, GTP_Guido and MrDonovan like this.
  25. MrDonovan

MrDonovan

Ah cool - makes sense, cheers mate

26. GTR4MROD

GTR4MROD

Looking forward to today’s race.

Phlano099, llNovall and GTP_Guido like this.
  27. GTP_Guido

GTP_Guido Premium

28. Rob Brown

Rob Brown

Hey, instead of anybody falling victim to this glitch, let’s go ahead and prohibit ABS. Please and thank you.

29. RadStewart

RadStewart

Hey man, I'm on a g29 in my livingroom. Let's not get crazy.

GTP_Guido, MrDonovan and llNovall like this.
  30. Kermit_2142

Kermit_2142

The ABS glitch is so rare it’s not worth worrying about.

GTP_Guido and llNovall like this.