**COMPLETED** SNAIL-Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge Season 2 Champion: Roman_GT23

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 999 comments
B24BC7A9-96C0-41F9-9023-87D7215DB198.jpeg
Posted a new livery for the Porsche series. SNAIL tagged.

Hey fellas,
Our next Porsche race event is this Friday. The following drivers have yet to confirm. Please reply as soon as possible or no later than Thursday 5pm est to guarantee your entry.
@Rob Brown (I know your situation, let me know when you know)
@MikeGrove
@Missedapex420

We have 1 Reserve on the ready and another tentative. If any of the following drivers are available this Friday, please let me know.
@GCimprezaFTW /GCimprezaFTW (Gold)
@Moby45 /Moby45 (Platinum)
@aedenmaddok / aedonmaddok (Gold)
@CANOWORMS1 / CANOWORMS1 (Gold)
@VetteVillain / VetteVillain (Gold)

Hoping for another great turnout.:cheers:

Hey all - ran a practice race last night.
Seems like fuel shouldn’t be an issue, but geez this is a technical track... took me so long to nail the braking point for turn 1.

With all the elevation changes, it’s very easy to miss a line - and the Porsche constantly wants to kick its tail out.
Happy to say I eventually got down to Nova’s target times, but it took some work.

Reckon this track could produce some very close racing, but the off-camber/ sweeping turns may also result in a few ppl making trips to the shadow realm...

I’ll be doing some more practice sessions this week, will try and set them up at a time that works for the US too.

Cheers :D

RACE NIGHT!!! I am cautiously optimistic. I do like Autopolis and I got the car handling well but I found it way too easy to find yourself overbraking and sliding into the shadow realm beach :scared:
Yup:scared:. This sums it up. I've managed to find low-mid 1:50's avg, but still cannot seem to snag a 1:49 on the race hards. Going to be quite a chore for the Platinum class. Should still be some great racing and an intense event.

S2 Event 7 Porsche GT3 Cup Spotter png file.png

Pre-Race Drivers Briefing
Event #7
at Autopolis International
January 22nd, 2020

Wow, the start of the second half of Season 2 at Autopolis International. This is a very technical track, with many challenging corners and combinations that will require plenty of patience and forethought to get the most out of the Porsches. Due to the technicality and number of corners, the Race Medium compound tires assigned to the Gold Class should afford a significant advantage in grip and fast lap/pace potential. The Platinum Class will have their hands full for this event fending off the improved pace and up and coming Gold Class leaders. Consistency, minimizing mistakes, and good old defense in Race 2 should be the obvious strategy of all the Platinum Drivers.
No specific areas of question.
**Fuel should not become a factor for this event.**

As a reminder to all drivers, please verify your weight, and apply any issued and required success ballast based on the chart HERE

Also, drivers are reminded that this series now implements a success ballast and class graduating structure. Be sure to secure as many points as you can, even if its towards the back side of the grid....They add up over the 2 races in the event night.
See Tab 2.3 in the first post if you haven't already for Success Ballast details.

Race Room opens for entry and warmup at 9pm est. Please verify you are on the correct tires and in the correct livery. All entries must be in before qualifying which is set to start at 9:15pm est.
(Primary Party Chat will be opened just before the room creation)

**Please be reminded that the grid will be set manually after qualifying to allow drivers to return to the lobby to perform the "NO ABS Bug" work around. See below:
1.) After qualifying, exit track to lobby, but do not cancel your entry (green check mark must stay selected)
2.) Go to your "Options" icon, change/verify your desired settings
3.) Go to "Members List" at top of the screen to verify everything is right.
4.) Wait for race to start.
This sequence must be done before race 2 as well, so repeat the steps above between races. (No need to cancel entry)**
Event #6 Grid and Roster Status
Ok turnout for this event despite 3 primary drivers reported absent. 13 of our Primary Drivers have confirmed attending with 1 reserve set to fill in, and the final 2 spots open. @Kermit_2142 and @aedenmaddok are tentative, but can possibly only attend one race each. If they are able to race, they will share the seat and same livery, and both will be classed and regulated to the higher Platinum classification for tonight's entry. Points scored by each driver for each race will be applied to their driver standings, with the combined points counting toward the team effort. If only one of them can attend, they will simply race the one that works for their schedule. The final spot is currently open and has been solicited to the Snail and ARL main threads.
1.) @Missedapex420 of Kelly Moss R&R has reported absent for the event and will be covered by our 1st confirmed available reserve, @IceWarden in the No. 73 Kelly Moss Porsche.
2.) @Granadier of Wright Motorsports has reported absent for the event and will be covered by our 2nd confirmed available reserves who are currently tentative, @Kermit_2142 and @aedenmaddok for the No. 20 Wright Motorsports Porsche.
3.) @GTP_Guido of NGT Motorsport has reported absent for the event. This spot is currently open and has been solicited.
Any additional reserves that are available may be needed if either or both of the drivers are unable to attend.

Below is our grid for Friday night:
👍 @Rob Brown /no1needs2perish (Platinum)
👍 @llNovall /II-NOVA-II (Platinum)
👍 @nmcp1 /nmcp1 (Platinum)
👍 @TEX36 /TEX36 (Gold)
👍 @Phlano099 /Phlano_099 (Gold)
👍 @Roman_GT23 /Roman_GT23 (Platinum)
👍 @Noob01_lmdead / rauljimenez76 (Gold)
👍 @Bologna_Duc /Bologna_Duc (Gold)
👍 @GTR4MROD / GTR4MROD (Gold)
👍 @Yugofan / Yugofan (Gold)
👍 @MrDonovan / MrDonovan (Gold)
👍 @Harry Rowley/Harry Rowley (Gold)
👍 @MikeGrove /PX7-Grove (Platinum)
👍 @IceWarden/ Ice_Warden (Gold)
👍 @Kermit_2142/ (?) @aedenmaddok (Platinum)
👍 @Stryker13 / DrSpyderPig (Platinum)

Reserve Drivers yet to reply
@GCimprezaFTW /GCimprezaFTW (Gold)
@CANOWORMS1 / CANOWORMS1 (Gold)
@VetteVillain / VetteVillain (Gold)

Drivers Reported Absent
(X) @Missedapex420 /Missedapex420 (Gold)
(X) @Granadier/TPC_Granadier (Platinum)
(X) @GTP_Guido / GTP_Guido (Gold)
(X) @Moby45 /Moby45 (Platinum)
(X) @RadStewart / heated_seats (Gold)
(X) @Drummer79 / Drummmer1979 (Gold)

Any additional Reserves available, please reply as we do have a spot remaining open. If any drivers know someone and would like to invite them to race tonight, please reach out to them, and link them to this thread. Hoping to fill the grid.
Lets have a clean and competitive race night typical our Snail standards, and good luck to everyone. See you all at around 9pm est.:cheers:

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back