=================================================

20180627223126.jpg

@Grandpa Money

Power: 278
Weight: 2427lbs
SH
Hailing from: D2

=================================================

Next event I'll do something like that to recap the qualifier.

Heat #1 of Survivor Event #1:

20180627223119.jpg

I also updated the first post with a "Past Champions" section for all of our future champions to be showcased. Winners can proudly wear their Survivor Series Champion decal in the future event, where they must defend their title!

Event #2 will be announced soon. Be on the lookout, brother
974974249_preview_insta-2.gif

Last edited:
Here's a bit of data that can help you in the future with BOP

On your typical track an increase or decrease of 1% in power is worth 2 to 3 tenths. For weight it is usually around 1 tenth.

I can't fully commit to either date, unfortunately. I'm scheduled to work until 10 pm both days, although on Friday's we often finish much earlier than that.

Is their a deadline on deciding which day we can attend to? I'm not entirely sure as to which race I can join as I need at least one week in advance for my work schedule.

September 7th would be good for me.

Sept 7th works, but the Aug 31st does NOT work

Internsted and prefer Sept 7

Ok its decided then. Friday September 7th is when this goes down.

Is their a deadline on deciding which day we can attend to? I'm not entirely sure as to which race I can join as I need at least one week in advance for my work schedule.

Since this requires a good amount of testing and fine tuning, we need a few days to figure it all out. No one will be allowed to just pop in on race night without the required testing. So the deadline to sign-up will be Wednesday September 5th.

I'll be working on editing/cleaning up this thread this week. I'll have an entry list in the first or second post. If you're interested in joining this remember to post in here.

Some other changes off the top of my head for Event #2:

If we have more than 16 entries we will split up everyone into two lobbies. A few of you have been kind enough to lend a hand, so we'll need an official to run the 2nd lobby until we have enough eliminations to move to a single lobby.

@Rednose58 @TomMang_68 were a big help in Event #1 and hopefully will be around for #2.

We will also make sure to change the time of day after each Heat. (start in the morning, have the finals be at dusk)
The reason why I didnt do that in the first event was because I thought the grid order might change after changing time of day. I forgot to test it beforehand, but I'm pretty sure it wont effect anything.

Check back tonight for more updates

Ok its decided then. Friday September 7th is when this goes down.

Since this requires a good amount of testing and fine tuning, we need a few days to figure it all out. No one will be allowed to just pop in on race night without the required testing. So the deadline to sign-up will be Wednesday September 5th.

I'll be working on editing/cleaning up this thread this week. I'll have an entry list in the first or second post. If you're interested in joining this remember to post in here.

Some other changes off the top of my head for Event #2:

If we have more than 16 entries we will split up everyone into two lobbies. A few of you have been kind enough to lend a hand, so we'll need an official to run the 2nd lobby until we have enough eliminations to move to a single lobby.

@Rednose58 @TomMang_68 were a big help in Event #1 and hopefully will be around for #2.

We will also make sure to change the time of day after each Heat. (start in the morning, have the finals be at dusk)
The reason why I didnt do that in the first event was because I thought the grid order might change after changing time of day. I forgot to test it beforehand, but I'm pretty sure it wont effect anything.

Check back tonight for more updates

My availability is dependent on the status of my landscaping and my travels to Ontario to visit my parents.

Just a thing to remember with the new tire model. With the Snail Invitational, we found that the BMW was a bit slower around the track at Brands Hatch. I guess you will have a similar result at Interlagos. So, the Snail Data might potentially be off by a half a second or more (are we really that good that we can talk about fractions of a second.... LOL). The spread will however be similar, so the you can still use the individuals' performance data to determine the handicaps.

Another thing with the tire model is that the it seems it is not applied the same in Arcade Time Trial mode vs. Open Lobby (Someone mentioned that in time trial mode there is no tire degradation and the physics are different when you apply tire wear.) So people will do trial runs in arcade mode and achieve the target time and come to the lobby and will be a second or more slower. I therefore suggest that all testing and trial runs be done in the on-line lobby with all settings the same as you going to have it on the 7th.

The general consensus in the general forums is that most cars are roughly 0.5-2.0 seconds slower than before and the racing tires are less grippy while sports tires are more so. Might have to re-calibrate.

Something worth thinking about as this goes into the future is how track selection will play a major factor. A lot of the BoP that's being done is to equalize cars through the corners but what about tracks that don't have many? Monza for example? I figure it's worth looking into before choosing a track. Interlagos with many turns should work really well as everyone drives to their own personal limits. đź‘Ť

Back