Snake's and Community Run VisionGT Review Thread - BVLGARI VGT reviewed!

Well looks like my plan to do more reviews may be put on hold again, for unbelievably the same reasons as last time! I have been afflicted with another stroke, this time affecting my right side and speech, on the same day I get PSVR2 too! Curses! :lol: that isn't to say I'll be leaving everyone empty handed however, as VR has allowed me to spot details on VGT's I never noticed before, case in point being the Alpine VGT with its head up display, which has a faux parallax effect due to the multiple layers of glass! So maybe I might be able to put more details into my reviews once I return!

That’s terrible, so sorry to hear. Hope you have a safe and speedy recovery!

Well looks like my plan to do more reviews may be put on hold again, for unbelievably the same reasons as last time! I have been afflicted with another stroke, this time affecting my right side and speech, on the same day I get PSVR2 too! Curses! :lol: that isn't to say I'll be leaving everyone empty handed however, as VR has allowed me to spot details on VGT's I never noticed before, case in point being the Alpine VGT with its head up display, which has a faux parallax effect due to the multiple layers of glass! So maybe I might be able to put more details into my reviews once I return!

Get well friend! Very sorry to hear about a second stroke - life can be brutal.

Current status: well, the good news is I have been home since last Friday, but I haven't really given myself enough of a proper rest to get me through the recovery process, what I can say about the EXENEO VGT so far though is that i do find it fun if a bit disappointing, but I'll get to that in the full review in time, and I greatly apologize for not having a new VGT review within the week of the EXENEOs release, just so happened that real life decided to hit me when I didn't need it :lol: oh and the slight BoP buffs for the Peugeot VGT Gr3 still aren't quite enough for me.

Last edited:
Wishing you a speedy recovery Snake. Take it easy, your health is worth more than accepting the BMW VGT is the best VGT.... ;)
Honestly I'm stuck choosing a few for favourite VGT; Alpine, Mazda, Suzuki, McLaren and Chaparral, but I can never decide out of those five which is my favourite overall, but yeah BMW ain't near those :P

Hmm the physics changes have completely flipped some VGT cars on their head..and my old records I was planning to show how they compare is now completely pointless..gah what to do, the changes have made some VGTs colossally worse off :( including one I was planning to do a very favourable review of prepatch

Well it's been a while since I've spoke here hasn't it...I mainly stopped properly playing the game due to many distractions and the physics changes I'm still not happy with and the grind, and while one of these things has since been alleviated, another issue has arose - gfycat bit the dust while I was away :lol: So I'll be fixing the existing reviews with new clips soon and might even try to get back in track by doing another review despite my reservations of the new physics, it feels wrong to leave a job half finished because otherwise I'm no better than GT7 itself!

Last edited:
So the Genesis VGT got revealed today and it looks bloody nice with some amazing proportions that remind of a more refined viper!

Curiously only in the genesis YouTube channel does it hint at a Gr1 variant of the car to likely be srriving at the same time too!
1701555598839.png

Last edited:
So the Genesis VGT got revealed today and it looks bloody nice with some amazing proportions that remind of a more refined viper!

Curiously only in the genesis YouTube channel does it hint at a Gr1 variant of the car to likely be srriving at the same time too!

I think you are right..other car has a huge rear wing...probably even diffuser is changed..more similar as valkyrie has( venturi tunnels style )..it is teased in middle of video
Screenshot_20231203_051720_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20231203_052432_YouTube.jpg

Last edited:
Bonus GTsport quick look back on a VGT that did not return to GT7 - the Fittipaldi Motors EF7 VGT
Well I'd thought I'd do this for a variety of reasons - to get me back to doing these reviews, and to start slowly with a car that sadly did not cross over to greener pastures in GT7 as it did not make the cut, making it the only VGT to not actually be in a mainline numbered entry, a dubious distinction for sure, but a notable one to keep in mind.

Okay it should also be pointed out this is technically also a pininfarina VGT as they penned the design and how the vehicle looks, and quite frankly, it's one of the best looking VGT's there alongside the Alpine, Mazda, Suzuki and a few others to me, it is so well proportioned with good visual dynamics despite its 'generic supercar' silhouette like the front wing integrated into the bodywork and the double intakes on the sides with the innermost one standing out due to the use of the accent colour with the black/gold colour scheme, it gives the car a distinct presence on the track

18d22471e4712-screenshotUrl.png

Now as for its statistics - it has a modest 598bhp and 1,000kg curb weight and an MR drivetrain, further emphasised with it's construction focusing on having a low centre of mavity, giving it a well balanced feel even with GTsport's somewhat dated and bouncy physics which did non Gr cars no favours, and with a mighty 9.5k RPM rev limit, you really do have to push hard to make te most of this gloriously sounding vehicle it's not quite Suzuki VGT rev limit, but it's damn close, and with a 205mph too speed, it's no slouch ether.

As for how it drives, it isn't too bad, it's very direct and responsive as you'd expect from a supercar of this caliber, but its also fairly bouncy - though that could also be down to how GTsport's physics are to non Gr cars. But it does feel slippy on its racing hard tyres especially on bumpier tracks like the nurburgring. But is it fun? Oh absolutely, it is a car you can really chuck around and keep control of if your good enough. And the enginesound is bliss too, it is a symphonic Italian style V8 sound to die for, and one they'd not miss the chance to highlight in the car's reveal trailer - at least when the music of said trailer isn't masking over the sound.

18d22471e4842-screenshotUrl.png

Sadly however, this is all bittersweet conjecture as this car did not return to GT7 - and we do not know the reason as to why, but most likely guesses are that because Fittipaldi Motors quietly fizzled out in the interim between GTsport and GT7 and took the rights with them, qhixh alsommeans it is abandoned in the most controversial GT game, a shame, for how nice of a car it is and almost legitimised the VGT project to some 'real life cars only' sticklers - and well, if it isn't for these concepts, we potentially wouldnt have more real cars in the first place, VGTs do not take the place of real world csrs, but add to the game's roster o vehicles, and the games can only be better for their existence.

Apologies for the tangent at the end there, it was just something I had to get off my proverbial chest. And especially with GTsport ceasing online functionality after ths month I feel this VGT will sadly be forgotten to the masses, and it is a shame that when people may remember GTsport they might forget this absolute GEM of car exists within it.

A true unicorn.

Last edited:
I know I haven't brought mention of the BVLGARI VGT since it's announcement, I will when it arrives ingame. But safe to say I love what I see so far

I haven't done the ItalDESIGN EXE-NEO VGT duo review yet as I can't say I enjoy them per se, but I will review them soon as I know I'm nearly a year behind on doing them two.

And as for just in general, I have thankfully been fairly energised to play GT again as of spec II, and I may try to do more reviews done in the future as originally planned.

Last edited:

Did you... buy GT Sport just to drive the EF7? That's mad dedication right there, holy cow!

I was very surprised to learn that the EF7 VGT exists in real life, and I think was even sold to private buyers. Not to mention, it actually drives well, like you said! This VGT feels so different from the rest of the VGT bunch, which I often feel are just styling exercises and stupid peacocking by manufacturers.

I'm working on a long ramble of a review myself (not of a VGT), and reading someone else's writing added some much needed fuel in the tank, so thanks 👍

Did you... buy GT Sport just to drive the EF7? That's mad dedication right there, holy cow!

I was very surprised to learn that the EF7 VGT exists in real life, and I think was even sold to private buyers. Not to mention, it actually drives well, like you said! This VGT feels so different from the rest of the VGT bunch, which I often feel are just styling exercises and stupid peacocking by manufacturers.

I'm working on a long ramble of a review myself (not of a VGT), and reading someone else's writing added some much needed fuel in the tank, so thanks 👍
Actually nope, I bought GTsport when it came out if my player level is any indication i stopped a while ago, but that is amusing to think about if I did do that :lol: As I did redownload it for just this purpose

Though sadly the plans to actually produce the car fell through when Fittipaldi Motors dissolved

Last edited:
The Zagato VGT is quite good for LeMans 700pp with short shifting, excellent on the brakes, can be used to win Tokyo 600pp but it’s tough
Trust me, when I eventually do this car's review I will definitely have good things to say about it, but equally a few puzzling things too.

Trust me, when I eventually do this car's review I will definitely have good things to say about it, but equally a few puzzling things too.
The weirdest thing I found was when making a livery you cannot change the rims but you can change the tyre branding which goes stock tyres to blank tyres with small words saying racing on them.

No interior view either

Last edited:
The weirdest thing I found was when making a livery you cannot change the rims but you can change the tyre branding which goes stock tyres to blank tyres with small words saying racing on them.

No interior view either
Weirder still was that you could change the rims of it in GTsport

Correction - only the Genesis VGT tomorrow, ill have to wait until the end of February for the BVLGARI VGT :banghead: Thanks a lot, PD :grumpy:

Last edited:
Welcome one and all to a for once timely review (within 48 hours of the car's release!) - this time of one of the newest VGT's introduced, from one of GT's sponsor brands, it's time for the Genesis X Gran Berlinetta concept VGT (which I will shorten to Genesis VGT for brevity) will it be a flash in the pan or will it soar among the heights of the best VGT's (in my opinion anyway) - to be fair this is something you'll have to decide, but I'll throw my hat in the ring with this

18d41cd8fd054-screenshotUrl.png

As one of the three....no wait two cars of this still unfinished update (I'll call this update finished when the BVLGARI is available to everyone) it has some real work to do as the Suzuki Jimny couldn't carry this lackluster update all by its lonesome now could it...well it doesnt start off well at first as it only has ONE colour choice, albeit a nice vibrant shade of orange, and I do like my vibrant colours, and to go along with this i must admit, this car has got to be one of the nicest looking VGT's in the whole project, it reminds me of the Dodge Viper from some angles mixed with some modern flair, it's spectacular to look at with some exceptionally well proportioned curvature across it's chassis and bodywork, and the two line motif they used for other genesis cars works pretty damn well here too, the car indeed completes it's design goal of looking fast even at a standstill to me (as stated in a recent video of the car), with flying, vibrant orange colours!

18d40598b7855-screenshotUrl.png

Now we don't play racing games just to look at cars, so let's begin to talk about its statistics - 1071 combined bhp is already mental, combined with every modern suoercar's favourite toy - 4WD, BUT WE AINT DONE YET.....this car is the first car within GT7 to be TWINCHARGED - this lambda V6 engine tops out at 870bhp and 9k rpm (sadly not the 10k as the description suggests) while it doesn't say how many turbo's it has, I'm going to safely assume two turbos, but I said it's twincharged, and I didn't mean because it has two turbos - that is because it has a novel kind of supercharger present in its powertrain - an electric supercharger, which doesn't stop working when it's hybrid dies (yes i tested this just before writing this out) that lets out a psychotic wail as you accelerate, and of course this wouldn't be complete without some srot of hybrid assistance, and with an additional 201bhp coming from battery power alone, it isn't overly reliant on its hybrid like some (cough Ferrari and Subaru VGT's cough) so you wontf eel like you are missing out on party time when it eventually depletes.

So you might be thinking those numbers are impressive to bear, but what does it translate to when it comes to driving.....well let's just say this might be the first car in a long time that I'm TERRIFIED OF DRIVING.....let me explain, the tomahawk's, jaguar SV VGT and Bugatti VGT are hilarious in their performance capabilities, but the Genesis, thanks to its fairly high rev count and psychotic e-supercharger providing a chillingly high pitched wail as you accelerate through the gears, it gives the experience of a horror movie waiting for the bad stuff to happen (not even the ingame music overpowers the supercharger) and well.....it absolutely can go wrong, I had forgot to mention it's quite frankly insane torque figure, but at 986 ft-lb of torque, which is more than double that of the Porsche 919...combined with only Gr3 levels of downforce...

OH AND DID I MENTION SPORT SOFT TYRES AS STOCK

This thing is a devil masquerading as an angel, it's like a charge character in a fighting game feigning defence when it's prepared to attack, it will flash kick you if you ain't ready to be prepraed for its sonicbooms of intense and visceral acceleration and you will spin it out on first brush with the accelerator at full power, I wasn't kidding when I compared this thing to a horror movie, but if you take it and get used to it's intricacies it is a powerful weapon to wield - and if anything can help you wield such thunderous power than short shifting is your friend...and weirdly braking but not shiftng down, as shifting down seems to worsen the braking distance with this car sometimes. It's brakes in general feel inconsistent overall and it's turning radius at speed does leave a lot to be desires, but in bursts of acceleration this thing is king.

18d40598b6a82-screenshotUrl.png

Parking it up to reflect on this Jekyll and Hyde machine now...it's clear to me what this car's is, a relentless push for performance disguised as a luxury, gentle place to be in, but then you see it's racing steering wheel combined with its panoramic interior cameras that serve as a combined view of rear and side mirrors. It is a statement of intent, that luxury and performance don't have to be exclusively seperate, it is a car that is a violent juxtaposition, a graceful brutality not seen since the Dodge Viper personally, and to me despite this car's handling issues and my crappy driving has quickly made it a favourite of mine.

If you ain't prepared - it wlil NOT hesitate to take advantage. It is ruthless yet puts on a facade of calm and grace, basically buy at your own peril....or not if you received it for free by watching the Dec 2023 GTWS, where the car was unveiled to the public, and I remember being very impressed even back then, but I was unprepared for its savagery, which makes me all the more curious about it's second act when a racing variant has been teased but not officially...but overall this car is a very well rounded package for the most part (brakes notwithstanding) and is a worthy addition to anyone's collection

18d40598b783-screenshotUrl~2.jpg

Last edited:
Back