Snake's and Community Run VisionGT Review Thread - BVLGARI VGT reviewed!

I just realised I forgot to mention the reveal trailer for the Suzuki VGT 🤦‍♂️ So I have now added an additional section to bring forth mention to it :P

Okay, now after seeing this months' update video, i'm definitely going to go ahead with this idea of a Gr3 'block' review - I probably wont do the same for Gr1 as that has way more selections (7 compared to 4) so those will most likely be in individual reviews where applicible, but the Gr3 quartet is going to be next for certain.

Once I get myself to stop playing Redout II that is.

First off: i greatly apologise for not saying ANYTHING this past month..

I might wait until the next week now in the vain hopes the BoP for ALL the VGTs becomes much more favourable, because right now, only the FT-1 is decent, and its painful for me to say this.. but I do hope to review them soon, and as said above, I was carried away with Redout II.. and becoming frustrated by online racing in general too, which I have had rotten luck with, so yeah I greatly apologise this update has once again, not been an additional review, but I hope to start with this quartet soon.

If there is any good news i can say is that I damn well know what I want to write for the first of the four and a bit for two of the others :P and i'd be happy to share the order in which I will review them:
  • Suzuki VGT
  • Toyota FT1 VGT
  • Peugeot VGT
  • VW Supersport VGT

Last edited:
im afraid im not sure if I can continue this myself for much longer, after having a mild stroke late july/early august my endurance has not been the same, and with my deteriorating driving skill, im not sure if I would be adequatly able to review the cars properly anymore and also how i feel about GT7 after all these months too hasnt been so positive in the last few months.. but I also dont want this thread to disappear out of obscurity because I feel it is a good place for others to work out if X VGT is worth getting or not.. So im tempted a propose an idea... to open it up and allow others to make their own mini reviews, IF they feel like it, and to generally make this a more casual place to share thoughts and experiences with VGTs (and also im doing this because of the cost of living in the UK is shooting up hysterically, so im trying to use the PC less)
This has been a hard decision for me to make because I pride myself in what I can do and be of help to others, but I feel this might be the best call of action for now considering my state of mind and it doesnt mean I wont do reviews in the future, but I feel taking a less active role might be betters for me, besides I havent exactly been active in the last few months anyway and I forgot to let everyone here know, so in part its down to me for not doing that, in which I sincerely apologise.

Edited thread title to reflect this change in approach 👍

(this isnt to say I wont be doing any reviews anymore, its just they'll probably end up being more casual and relaxed than my strurctured ones have been and i've always felt like having others' opinions would be great to have apart from my own, too.)

Last edited:
im afraid im not sure if I can continue this myself for much longer, after having a mild stroke late july/early august my endurance has not been the same, and with my deteriorating driving skill, im not sure if I would be adequatly able to review the cars properly anymore and also how i feel about GT7 after all these months too hasnt been so positive in the last few months.. but I also dont want this thread to disappear out of obscurity because I feel it is a good place for others to work out if X VGT is worth getting or not.. So im tempted a propose an idea... to open it up and allow others to make their own mini reviews, IF they feel like it, and to generally make this a more casual place to share thoughts and experiences with VGTs (and also im doing this because of the cost of living in the UK is shooting up hysterically, so im trying to use the PC less)
This has been a hard decision for me to make because I pride myself in what I can do and be of help to others, but I feel this might be the best call of action for now considering my state of mind and it doesnt mean I wont do reviews in the future, but I feel taking a less active role might be betters for me, besides I havent exactly been active in the last few months anyway and I forgot to let everyone here know, so in part its down to me for not doing that, in which I sincerely apologise.

(this isnt to say I wont be doing any reviews anymore, its just they'll probably end up being more casual and relaxed than my strurctured ones have been and i've always felt like having others' opinions would be great to have apart from my own, too.)
I'm really sorry to hear this, I really liked this thread, but I hope you can recover from your health issues and return somewhat. I will try and add a review in the near future of a VGT. Get well soon and we will be praying for you.

I hope you feel better and don't worry, take your time! I'll probably write a few reviews as well, when I feel like playing the game again, so I can write an accurate review considering GT7's physics. Most of my VGT experiences were in GT6 and GT Sport.

I'm really sorry to hear this, I really liked this thread, but I hope you can recover from your health issues and return somewhat. I will try and add a review in the near future of a VGT. Get well soon and we will be praying for you.
I mean I have been recovering well now for a month but my mental endurance hasn't really come back as swimmingly as I'd hoped and my last few nations races have greatly frustrated me which has not helped matters either xD but yeah, I'm not sure if I have the energy to do long form reviews as well as I'd like to and like I had done before, doesn't mean I won't do them ever again BUT it'll probably be only when I feel like...and it's been too flippin long since last did one, but I also didn't want this thread to fizzle out of obscurity either.

Thanks to the both of you for your support though, it's really refreshing to see there's still some positivity here amongst the myriad of issues with the game doesn't dull some positive messaging around these here parts 👍

Last edited:

Sorry to hear that m8! Crazy reading about the energy crisis over there. Great thread

Let's avoid the fact the worst vgt in the game is getting another variant this month...because Genesis have recently teased their newest vgt at the end of a 9 minute talk video...because okay why not?! And it looks Gr1 capable!

Last edited:
Well I think it's about time I started something up again here...even though I said I'd stop since I'm forcing myself to to using a tablet thanks to the energy crisis in the UK, but I won't let that stop my love for VGTs...SO where were we!

Ah yes...the delightful SUZUKI VGT Gr.3 - and why this one might be my favourite VGT car in Gr.3 so far!

Now this one is quite a different beast to the stock car in that it now has a wing and some extra racing specific detailings such as a proper racing diffuser and front splitter...though curiously this car doesn't get wider by much... The stock car is 1825mm while the racing version is 1840mm though the width adjustment is hard to notice at a glance, it definitely has more of an aggressive poise to it. The livery also helps make it look REALLY race ready too with its double stripe style livery reminiscent of their MotoGP bike liveries across many different colours - and speaking of colours here is all of them now!

Bonus: The black colour and red colours have a red interior, the yellow design has yellow interior, and the blue liveries have blue interior, if it helps you livery designers find the perfect interior for your design!

Now as for what makes this one so different from the road car is the very heart of this magnificent machine - gone is the psuedo 4WD hybrid system and single hayabusa engine to make way for a twin turbo TWIN HAYABUSA psuedo V8 configuration... Which gives it tons of power to work with....though this does come at the caveat at being an early peeker power curve wise and having little in the way of torque...it is a completely different animal than the road car in that aspect...oh and the rev range goes up to 12000rpm now!

While I was briefly disappointed that this car wasn't an NA car like the road car...that disappointment went away as soon as I tried it out! But do be warned - this car is a menace...it does not take lightly to automatic transmission users as its peak power is at the 9-11k mark and then drops significantly before the end of the rpm range...meaning manual transmission is a must for this car and to give it decent fuel mileage...as revving it all the way makes it have the worst fuel mileage of any gr3 car in the game by a significant margin..but with a 177mph top speed, this car is more of a speedster class gr.3 vehicle among the likes of the GR Supra, though this car is amazing in slipstream due to the early shifting, where it can suddenly gain a lot of speed when in the tow of an opponent...and with that screaming hayabusa behind them...they will be in for a shock!

Furthermore we aren't completely out of the proverbial woods yet with this car's issues...though this might be a recurring theme with all the VGTs in GR.3 sadly - but the front mid engine config of the Suzuki means it has 50:50 weight distribution...So you'd think it would have the stability of a FR car combined with the agility of an MR car, which is somewhat true...but with the power peaky engine...be prepared for slides...and be more prepared to catch them as you exit corners, as it's brakes aren't the best in Gr.3 either, early shifting is your friend here. DO NOT BE FOOLED by the acceleration performance stats in-game...as those account for the full rev range instead of the intended shift times...also this car has a little bit of trouble keeping much speed around long sweeping corners and stopping, or so I have been told by someone MUCH better than me.

Now...why do I like this car so much when it's another mostly underperforming Gr.3 car?...Well do I have a story to tell!

I promised myself early on when they announced the Suzuki VGT Gr.3 would be a thing that I would at least get one victory with it to show it's possible...but when it got added, it's BoP was awful...where it got 30kg ballast and 93% of its power, thankfully overtime this was adjusted so now it only has 94% of its power and the ballast removed since last week...so I felt like I might have a chance finally...and the perfect track came up for the nations cup finale of season 2 - though not a perfect track for the car but for me as a driver - Trial Mountain...in Gr.3s only!

Of course...the promise I made to myself was pre-stroke...and it has now become post stroke that I had mentioned here before... So I was doubtful I could ever reach the top 3 ever again especially after having a free fall dive from DR B to C..and the last race prior went terribly where I got a terrible finish...but this was trial mountain, one of my favourite tracks in the series....then the first qualifications session happened and I nailed first place...by barely a few hundreths...and I was beginning to think I could do this! Then the flag dropped on the race and the battle was on....but it ended all too quickly, I let my heart race a bit too much and stuffed it in the long back straight tunnel...which costed me the race...still got 4th though despite the setback though...so I know I had a chance...

SO I WENT AND TRIED AGAIN IMMEDIATELY THE NEXT HOUR

And once again...I nabbed first place in the qualifiers...even more convincingly so this time, being ahead by near a second of my opponents, I knew one this was it, my final chance to do it while my body held its last ounce of endurance left that I HAD to win this.. so I put on my soft race tyres and went for the early lead, to try and keep my distance.. just like Igor Fraga did here in his race around the mountain a few weeks prior except he was in a Toyota and I was in Suzuki of course...

And boy...did I put in the effort...more than I needed to because incidentally I might have self sabotaged myself...where I accidentally kept my worn sorts on for another lap because I thought I was gear shifting...being a bit late and accidentally choosing the keep tyres button, SO I HAD TO DO ANOTHER LAP THEN PIT AGAIN....but still came out with a good result! Though by the time the race was finished I was completely exhausted...but happy with myself that I got the result I did...that it actually was possible to do well with a VGT...that I had finally proved it could be done.

This would be my only victory in season 2...but it was my first victory in nations since the pre-seasons.

OVERALL VERDICT
So yes...this VGT means a bit more to me than even I expected it to...especially since so many great VGT concepts have come and gone...I was not expecting this plucky pocket rocket to become one of my favourites..but after how the road car impressed me..I was hopeful for the gr3 machine...and boy am I happy to say that despite its drawbacks. It is a capable machine if the time Is put in to leading it and working out it's quirks.

Sorry this one went on a more personal note instead of a more objective one..I enjoy this car too much hahaha...but yes this one absolutely sucks for AT users im afraid, it is not competitive at all...but if your a MT user you might have a chance! Make use of its good straight line turbo kick and you'll be rewarded with a sprightly speedster of a Gr.3 machine!

Bonus: this car can be used in bop form in the WTC700 sarthe race..since it's pp goes below 700 hilariously enough, so this is a good fun car you can actually practice using without lowering the cars performance level so far down that it's not like the original car, so it a fully has uses outside of being a gr3 car!

Afterword:
I know I said I wouldn't be doing anymore longform reviews again due to the conditions I outlined...but I just couldn't let go easily... I had to keep going for my own sake, and I had to at least do one for this car...and don't be afraid, I'll still be putting in effort like this for future reviews now I'm more confident with using the tablet! I ain't going anywhere yet!

Last edited:
Well well...I didn't expect Ferrari of all car companies to make a VGT yet here we are, however it won't be out in this month's update as it's reveal is set after the newly posted maintenance timeframe

Last edited:
After what feels like forever I suppose it's about time I do this and continue the GR.3 streak with;

The Toyota FT-1 VGT Gr.3 and how it was originally my main Gr3 car of choice before the arrival of the Suzuki due to its remarkably well balanced nature that has since disappeared somewhat!

Well, where do I begin? This car was first introduced in GT6 but it's Gr.3 version was first in Sport with some slight tweaks, namely it's hybrid system remove and overall slightly down on power compared the original, but looks wise it does remain identical. Sadly in more than one..in GT7 a majority of cars got new liveries for their Gr.3 vehicles....the VGTs of VW and Toyota being the exception, which still have the same liveries as their Sport counterparts, which suggest to me they weren't as high on the priority list, which is a shame for some of these cars - especially the toyota as this one was originally my Gr.3 car of choice in part to its crazy high revving engine and well balanced chassis that while it lacked in speed, does do a lot of things to a good standard.

As for the cars statistics, it has a near 50/50 weight distribution, is a front engined, rear drive vehicle with an abundance of power that does not get reduced under BoP settings. Infact the only thing that does get adjusted in its BoP is 20kg of added weight, bring it up to 1300kg. Oh and the car is turbo aspirated though it doesn't say if it is a single or twin turbo, either way this revs the car up to a maniacal 10 and a half thousand RPM with its best shift point being very late in the rev range at about 9000-9.5k RPM, only bested by the Suzuki VGT Gr3 reviewed prior!

And while the Suzuki is more of a speedster class Gr.3 racer, this FT-1 is MUCH more of an all rounder, and I can attest to this but not as much as the Suzuki as I have still driven the FT-1 here for nearly 800 miles. Also unlike a future Gr.3 VGT I'll review at a later time...it actually does this all rounder facet well. The Toyota is well planted to the ground with its aero working overtime and it's high mechanical grip effortlessly gliding it through corners, it isn't a handling car but it is almost as capable as them through the corners while having a decent acceleration and speed. It's just a shame this car has been made almost completely obsolete by the GR Supra Racing Concept then...

While this car does suffer against its non VGT counterpart...it is nowhere near as badly treated as the final two Gr.3 VGT cars in this mini series of reviews, but it is a shame this has happened to them regardless.. what I can say however is unlike most cars in GT7, this one actually got worse in driving feel over time since launch - this car was remarkably stable among the sea of overly oversteery cars in the game at time of launch, but when that got fixed (and thank goodness it did) the Toyota lost out hard, as it suddenly gained a lot of understeer it still has not fully recovered from in my experience even with later patches and changes to the physics. But if you can tame the understeer you have a fantastic all rounder Gr.3 machine on your hands! And hell does it look the part too! (Yes the GIFs and photos have been showing my original livery for the car)

Next time: the Gr.3 VGT cars that got hit the hardest by nerfs - unless the Ferrari VGT comes out by the time I next post.

Last edited:
I like the FT-1 design proportions better than I like the new Supra, it has more of a supercar feeling to it. I remember a mockup of the street version of the FT-1 was displayed at the São Paulo motorshow back in 2014, to me it was one of the most unique looking cars at the event, I spent a few minutes looking at it.

We interrupt this Gr.3 block to bring you the newest VGT up on the chopping block - The Ferrari VGT and how numbers are not always everything, and do not always representative of a cars performance.

I know this car will most likely be ignored or sold by other players but something tells me judging by the 7 pages of liveries this car has at the time of writing that this car may be popular with the general populace I don't see people selling it now at least, and for good reason, it has a stunningly striking silhouette with some extreme design lines that just feel extremely accentuated on this car...buuut I'm getting ahead of myself, i should first talk about the colour options this car has - and there is not many options for it sadly...there only seems to be four colours for it as shown below in this one make race photo I took below;

So the colour options of this car all seem fairly predictable... An all black colour scheme, a deep red, a deep red with black rear fade (similar to their F1 cars of recent?) and the silver we saw it in its initial reveal. Though nothing custom liveries can't amend if you wish for a different look. But none of these boring colour choices dampen the striking looks of the cars bodywork...in some angles it is unfathomably stunning to look at and awful in others...it's a tale of two halves...but here are is an angle it looks good in. The car even has its own mood lighting in the air intakes on its sides and the floor of the car!

First we got to talk about it's looks which is a very marmite topic, but I personally really like the clashing design ideologies being made to work together here as it results in something new and unexpectedly cool. Despite being a future design excercise, it sure does pay great homage to a classic pininfarina concept, that bring the Ferrari 512S Modulo and it's extremely unconventional design styling. We even see a tiny bit of Daytona SP3 in the rear too (this probably isn't the correct inspiration, but my knowledge on Ferrari's is not good) and I like how the hard line seen from the side is book ended by the front and rear lights instead of just another bodywork line...really makes it give a graceful gliding feel. It is something the lighting in the car's reveal video highlights pretty darn well once you notice it! The car's interior is fantastic too with its center cockpit seating position and wrap round window that reminds me of the McLaren VGT's amazing cockpit view but that's a review for another time.

As for the car's performance...WELL LETS START OFF ON THE RIGHT FOOT. With a colossal 1015bhp from its motor PLUS an additional 321.5 bhp from its hybrid system as part of a derestricted Ferrari 499P 3L V6 twin turbo hybrid with the power peaking at 9k RPM. Though from my experience it's best shift point it's more towards the middle of the rev range as it's torque peaks real early at 5k revs. All tied a 4WD drive system with 3 electric motors in play with one at the rear and the other two in the front wheels...acceleration wise this thing is incredible and it's speed is above 200mph easily--

Aaaand by the time you have finished reading the last paragraph it's hybrid system will have run out of juice...you can still reach 200mph but 8th gear is now virtually useless, while it is able to recover some of that hybrid energy it'll only be a trickle compared to what you started at, this isn't no Porsche 919 busted and broken hybrid system recovery here I'm afraid. With the hybrid boost only lasting as long as a single lap of Deep Forest on most occasions, so about a minute and a bits worth, however this is car is not done with party tricks yet, but the car is exceptional while it's battery is still at full capacity.

It is more than capable of keeping up with LeMans driving AI in terms of power and handling with incredible downforce (1100 F / 1400 R) which is better than LeMans hypercars and with Racing Mediums stock - the same tyres Gr.1 cars get stock, it is a certified lemans car in everything but na--
Drama zoom in of the car tags page in garage

H-Hold on this must be some sort of error...IS THIS SERIOUSLY HAPPENING AGAIN...

Yes it is...i m in complete disbelief....This LeMans capable machine is classified as a ROAD CAR...now where have I heard this before...oh right the Lamborghini VGT....it seems Ferrari's petty rivalry with Lamborghini continues to this very day even in the virtual world!

Both are 4WD, partly hybrid (in different ways), both have canopy style cockpits and yet are classed as road cars when they should be race cars and both preview future design cues....at this point I don't know what else to say....except the Ferrari is an order of magnitude easier to drive. However the Ferrari VGT cannot have anything changed apart from power restrictors and weight ballast, the lambo at least allows altering of downforce levels...even if they are more along the lines of gr3 levels, and suspension aspects (minus camber) oh and brake balance...at least in the tuning sheet menus...the Ferrari VGT can't even let you do that. Oh and it can't really trialbrake when it's hybrid still remains active strangely. Other than that driving quirk the Ferrari VGT is much easier to drive and has face punching acceleration in comparison to the Lamborghini VGT.

Infact, I have tested both these cars at Deep Forest...well actually I'm working on testing ALL VGT's around there, and the Ferrari VGT is faster than even the Tomahawk S...WITH ZERO HYBRID... let alone the Lamborghini VGT which is still 9 seconds behind in terms of pace compared to the Ferrari.

OVERALL VERDICT
Despite my issues with Ferrari in the past with some of their questionable choices at times...and their hilarity in managing their f1 team....they have genuinely brought forth a fantastic VGT that is almost flawless...if it weren't for the terrible hybrid power duration.....AND THEIR WEIRD CLASSIFICATION AS A ROAD CAR like seriously HOW IN THE WORLD in what universe is this normal...seems to just be Italian VGT's apparently...anyways this car is a blast to drive...even if it lacks any additional thrills and plays itself straight...but it is also a cautionary tale, because I fear for the actual 499p's viability if the hybrid is this terrible, and this is a derestricted one in the VGT...which does not bode well for its IRL counterpart but that isn't my concern now is it? :P

But more importantly, THEY GET IT. They get How important the VisionGT project can be for future generations of car fans

Next time: we continue the GR.3 block!

Last edited:
Had to add another paragraph to the review...as I had forgot to mention my thoughts on the car's styling before the performance of the vehicle, the weird thing is I'm pretty sure I had done this already but working on a tablet is frustrating 😅

It was a surprise to me that Ferrari was developing a VGT car, they are definitely trying to mantain the brand's popularity and relevance. The new road models that Ferrari launched in the last years, to me, were not so unique looking as the older ones. They look futuristic, but not so distinctive. This new Ferrari VGT goes with the same flow, it looks like it's from the year 3000, which is great, but there is a "Ferrari mystique" missing in it's design. Maybe I'm stuck in the old days, I don't know.

As to how this car drives, it's increadible, I was not expecting a 1300+ hp to be so manageable on the track. The batteries run out of power on a very short time, but the 1015 hp from the ICE engine can keep up with gr.1 class without a problem.

One critique I have with most VGT cars is that they are too powerfull, it seems like a competition to see which brand can build the fastest unrestricted race car possible. GT7 has a great physics model, it would be nice to have other 200 hp to 450 hp new VGTs, like the Suzuki.

I tried 2 VGT cars on Tokyo today and immediately remembered this thread. The cars are the Alpine and the AMG VGT. They're actually very good for this race and pretty fun to drive!

Kinda want to test all VGTs (at the least the road ones) in this track, but I think it's better to wait for the update tomorrow because they might change the physics or "geometry suspension" again. :lol:

I tried 2 VGT cars on Tokyo today and immediately remembered this thread. The cars are the Alpine and the AMG VGT. They're actually very good for this race and pretty fun to drive!

Kinda want to test all VGTs (at the least the road ones) in this track, but I think it's better to wait for the update tomorrow because they might change the physics or "geometry suspension" again. :lol:
I love the Alpine and can't wait to review it eventually and the AMG is an anomaly in which it can actually be modified in some capacity

I may not be able to review these cars as quickly as I was able to with the Suzuki but I can give brief summary points for now for thee on the fence with this car:

• Insane acceleration and overall performance aside from turning, both versions of the car are great in this regard
  • Lot of fun in the off-road mode, street version is also good but may see less use due to its lower versatility
  • Low enough PP with both versions of the car to be useful for some grind races
  • 6 colour options
  • 223mph top speed, 227 when going downhill - tested at SSRX
  • first car new to GT7 to lack an interior view...despite a cockpit being described in the game and on the website page about the car.
  • holy hell it is lacking downforce

Last edited:
I may not be able to review these cars as quickly as I was able to with the Suzuki but I can give brief summary points for now for thee on the fence with this car:

• Insane acceleration and overall performance aside from turning, both versions of the car are great in this regard
  • Lot of fun in the off-road mode, street version is also good but may see less use due to its lower versatility
  • Low enough PP with both versions of the car to be useful for some grind races
  • 6 colour options
  • 223mph top speed, 227 when going downhill - tested at SSRX
  • first car new to GT7 to lack an interior view...despite a cockpit being described in the game and on the website page about the car.
  • holy hell it is lacking downforce
One nice detail I'd like to add: on a hard break, you can hear the KERS flywheel spool up.

Edit:

Other cool details:

- The info text says the engine is a V10, but it doesn't specify which one. It sounds like a highly tuned Lamborghini Huracan engine, even though it has lower torque (57,1 mkgf against 60,5 mkgf for the Huracan), which is interesting;

- The battery only delivers power to the front wheels during high acceleration. The car reach its top speed only using ICE power, the battery gauge shows no consumption on high speeds;

- Unlike pretty much every modern car, there are no break discs. On this car, the break system applies force to the rim, like an old bicycle, as you can see it glowing on the screenshot below. You can also notice the mechanism on the center of the wheels moving while breaking.

Gran Turismo® 7_20230221124001.jpg

I like this car!

Last edited:
Well looks like my plan to do more reviews may be put on hold again, for unbelievably the same reasons as last time! I have been afflicted with another stroke, this time affecting my right side and speech, on the same day I get PSVR2 too! Curses! :lol: that isn't to say I'll be leaving everyone empty handed however, as VR has allowed me to spot details on VGT's I never noticed before, case in point being the Alpine VGT with its head up display, which has a faux parallax effect due to the multiple layers of glass! So maybe I might be able to put more details into my reviews once I return!

Last edited:
Back