Sneaky so-and-sos...

  • Thread starter Thread starter homeforsummer
  • 5 comments
  • 1,039 views

homeforsummer

Bonbonbonbons!
Premium
Messages
27,316
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
I've been away from GT5P for a couple of weeks thanks to a holiday, and when I come back I did the update to find that the online race classes have changed a little, and the intermediate class is now higher PP.

I tuned up my Integra to 518PP out of 600, which means I can fit full soft race tyres, bottom out the weight and max out the power. Makes for a pretty quick car, and I've won a number of PP600 races in it.

However, racing at Suzuka I was repeatedly being beaten by a sly racer who was completely cutting the first left-hand corner of the esses, by quite a margin. Didn't seem to incur any penalty at all which meant he was gaining a large advantage. Raced him four times in a row and each race he did the same thing on both laps. Unfortunately I didn't write the name down for the grey/black list, it was some german dude in a Clio V6/Tuned.

I was just wondering whether any GTP racers had experienced this behaviour from others too?
 
on high speed ring (forward) i see a lot of ppl go in way too hot on that long turn and ride the rail. (turn 3 if ur looking at the maps posted here)

ive tried in a free run and it resulted in a much faster lap than clean :(
 
In the HSR online races though I reckon it's quicker to do a clean run, as many people come off the barrier sideways and end up spinning and ghosting.

Still, as nobody else experienced people corner cutting at Suzuka?
 
In the HSR online races though I reckon it's quicker to do a clean run, as many people come off the barrier sideways and end up spinning and ghosting.

Still, as nobody else experienced people corner cutting at Suzuka?

Yes saw it last night @suzuka aswell,But the thing is if two of the wheels are on the track or rumble strip you won't get a penalty.So he was probably doing that.Or did he really cut the corner?Seems strange though,because you will always get a penalty for it.Just watch the player name,If it changes to yellow then they have gotten a penalty.
 
Nope cut the corner by miles, turned off just after coming out of the right hander and re-entered the track before the next right hander
 
Southslider sorry about pushing you wide at 130r the other night but some git in a brownie green skyline (r34) Rammed me up the rear there which made me push you. We were having such a great race to, i was waiting for a good passing opportunity :P

Oh and on the next lap coming out of turn two i was looking in the mirror to make sure the lotus didn't hit me, i just hit the grass and all hell went on lol. I couldn't stop it sliding cos the game put the brakes on which put me into a slide, then i was drifting through the S's with to much speed (good night ) :(
 
Back