Snow coming?

  • Thread starter Thread starter SuperShouden
  • 15 comments
  • 1,296 views

SuperShouden

(Banned)
Messages
7,542
Messages
SuperShouden
Doing an online race at Nurburgring 24 Hours and hit the weather selector, and listed are Sunny, Rain and Snow. but Snow is greyed out. Maybe it's for snow tracks, but something tells me it's not. The question is, does this mean some tracks are getting snow?
 
Maybe you have to wait for it to be winter in Germany
 
Then he can wait long lol. We have spring now, so not before November then haha.
 
You'll find snow works on courses that allows snow, like rally stages. But SS7 has that odd chance of snow appearing.
 
GT5Pro
Maybe you have to wait for it to be winter in Germany

Lol!

Had snow on SS7 during the glitch.
 
Yeah. Nurburg and SSR7 are the ones people have seen it snow on. And I thought that it might be them testing out snow, and now it pops up on the weather selection menu...hmmm...maybe we'll have Winter in July. But, that'd be a big update. especially if they're gonna do accumulation.
 
Snow on the 'Ring sounds awesome:)
 
Yeah I've experienced snow and rain on SSR7, but only ever rain on the 'Ring. This was offline though, I don't know if I have ever played the 'Ring or SSR7 with weatherchange online. I enjoyed rain much on the 'Ring during the 4hr endurance race though (B-Spec), and would thoroughly enjoy snow on that as well. Especially with how the AI drives in inclimental weather, and their absolutely poor tire choice.
 
Yeah. Nurburg and SSR7 are the ones people have seen it snow on. And I thought that it might be them testing out snow, and now it pops up on the weather selection menu...hmmm...maybe we'll have Winter in July. But, that'd be a big update. especially if they're gonna do accumulation.

Wait what? Interesting.
 
Some guy posted a video on YouTube of snow on the ring. Very interesting but obviously a huge glitch.
 
But, is it REALLY a glitch or is it PD teasing us and testing snow out?
 
When snow falls at Route 7, does it "stick"? Is there any slush or black ice or anything like that? Now that would be interesting.
 
Snow on the 'Ring sounds awesome:)

It's not. I think you're picturing this:
5247237901_052674c228.jpg

but it was really more like this:
173652-GT5-Nurburgring_header.jpg

except with some snowflakes in the air.
 
I would absolutely love it, if, at every point that you race; A Spec, B Spec & online, the game could take into account, the location, time & weather conditions.

So if you're in the US and select to run the Nurburgring, but it's 3am in Germany in the middle of winter, then the race will be a night course, with rain and a chance of snow.

Now, this would probably have to be a selectable feature, because I can see heaps of people complaining about it but at the same time, it would make the game very interesting and really shouldn't be that hard to implement.
 
If you get lucky, you can get snow flurries on almost every weather change track - you have to get the weather to change though. I got it on SSR7 yesterday. When you're driving in an X2010 then it looks like you're going at light speed in hyperspace :D Also snow looks like rain on tracks where it isn't supposed to snow.
 
Back