Snow Rally Stages

  • Thread starter Thread starter mtb.boy
  • 10 comments
  • 1,049 views
Messages
11
Why does the car turn soo slow?
It should be sticking to the ground with all the spikes in the tyres and turning on a dime. Rally cars would run studded tyres on gravel tracks if they were allowed, . Rally cars have more grip when they are racing on the ice (with studded tyres ) than they do on gravel (with normal tyres).

I suppose they might not know this and assume it should be slippy.

Also what about an option for an anti-lag system, Rally cars have had these for years now.
 
still not like it should be.
Sweden is one of the fastest rallys in the world (average speed wise)
 
I don't have this problem. The cars turn good for me.
 
Traction control should be off, definitely. I'd also advise you to use manual, it makes huge difference in rallying.
 
Chamonix (sp?) is supposed to ice I think, the other rally stages are supposed to be snow.
 
I think you should try driving on snow. Metal studs are not the end all be all. On any surface.
 
Wouldnt be much more grip than dirt tyres if they had spikes, gravel isnt a compacted surface
 
Perhaps you're understeering because you forgot to tune your suspension.

To get good response on gravel and snow surfaces, you need to raise your car's ride height and soften the suspension settings. Hope this helps.
 
Back