So, how many competing?

• Thread starter aargod228
  • 47 comments
27,797th in the U.S. for a lap time of 4:16.839 on Tsukuba as of today.

Refeshed a few mins later now 27,803rd, I will check once a day to see how much higher it goes, it looks like people are signing up by the minute.

That's give me a little better feeling. Considering how many are running GTA, where I'm at is in the very top players. Granted, I'm nowhere near an alien, but I feel better.

28001 now. It looks like this is catching fire really fast. I am checking again tomorrow but anyone want to place any bets on the change from 8:44pm Eastern today to 8:44pm Eastern tomorrow? :sly:

So far its about 200 new sign ups in about four and a half hours, about what, 43-44 new people an hour?

Im pretty sure that is something along the lines of street racing. :sly:

In Colorado, it is 14 points for a street racing ticket. 12 points for Exhibition of Power (burning out).

I've gotten a 6 point ticket before as well. Speeding. It falls within the last 'bracket' before you get a misdemeanor for it.

Kind of. I think it was when I had an idiot tailing me for no reason down the main drag in my home town. Pissed me off enough that when he finally got a chance to go around me I floored it. Just so happens a sheriff was going the other way and managed to get turned around fast enough I didn't have time to, uh, leave. :sly:

Leave the racing to the track! That's how you get someone killed.

I wasn't racing though. And my street racing years are over anyways.

Never lost one race though. :sly:

You must have not done that much racing then. I did a bit of street racing back in the day and i have no problem admitting that i lost a few when i bit off a little more than i could chew. I would race anything just for the fun of it even if i knew i was out matched like the time in my 98 6speed Z28 i raced a somewhat heavily modded notchback Mustang, I lost but i gave him a pretty decent run and gained some respect from the driver of the Stang. I will also say that we always tried to do it in a safe manner. There isnt always a track around when you need one. It was nice when i was young and didnt have a care in the world exept trying to beat the guy next to me. Those days are over now however. Got responsibilities now.

Last edited:
You must have not done that much racing then. I did a bit of street racing back in the day and i have no problem admitting that i lost a few when i bit off a little more than i could chew. I would race anything just for the fun of it even if i knew i was out matched like the time in my 98 6speed Z28 i raced a somewhat heavily modded notchback Mustang, I lost but i gave him a pretty decent run and gained some respect from the driver of the Stang. I will also say that we always tried to do it in a safe manner. There isnt always a track around when you need one. Those days are over no however. Got responsibilities now.

Sounds awesome man abandoned parking lots are your friend if you can find a track (for safety reasons), but be careful about talking about street racing on GTP. Buckle up and be safe fellas :)
Just realized that with 28,000 competing I'm in the top .8% in the nation :D There's something to brighten my day.

You must have not done that much racing then. I did a bit of street racing back in the day and i have no problem admitting that i lost a few when i bit off a little more than i could chew. I would race anything just for the fun of it even if i knew i was out matched...

Yeah, I never raced anyone I knew could beat me. Fastest Z06 in town pulls up next to me at a light and I ignore him hard-core. :lol: I got the most fun though racing people at the strip on friday nights. Civics running slicks thinking they are top dog and I waste them in my turbo Miata on all season tires. :)

Sounds awesome man abandoned parking lots are your friend if you can find a track (for safety reasons), but be careful about talking about street racing on GTP. Buckle up and be safe fellas :)
Just realized that with 28,000 competing I'm in the top .8% in the nation :D There's something to brighten my day.

We had a few long dead end straights where i used to live that we raced on when we needed to settle a dispute. Otherwise it was a highway at around 1am. Done doing that now and not trying to advise any of the youngsters on this site or anywhere else to do it either. Racing should only be for the track.

28001 now. It looks like this is catching fire really fast. I am checking again tomorrow but anyone want to place any bets on the change from 8:44pm Eastern today to 8:44pm Eastern tomorrow? :sly:

So far its about 200 new sign ups in about four and a half hours, about what, 43-44 new people an hour?

If you get a chance, would you mind running very slow on Rome and Cape Ring, so that you can get a ranking for total time? Would be interesting to see how many people gave up at Tsukuba. :lol:

Wow, ~28K, so even though I'm at approx. 1000th position on Tsukuba, it's not really all that bad considering I am forced to use my sixaxis. I'd be curious to see a list of times from others like me who don't have any wheel setups to propel them to the next level. WHY DO I HAVE TO HAVE SO MANY BIG BILLS! I could buy one tomorrow otherwise. :grumpy:

Wow, ~28K, so even though I'm at approx. 1000th position on Tsukuba, it's not really all that bad considering I am forced to use my sixaxis. I'd be curious to see a list of times from others like me who don't have any wheel setups to propel them to the next level. WHY DO I HAVE TO HAVE SO MANY BIG BILLS! I could buy one tomorrow otherwise. :grumpy:

The guy thats 20th overall in the SE (my region) is using a controller with directional buttons.

If you get a chance, would you mind running very slow on Rome and Cape Ring, so that you can get a ranking for total time? Would be interesting to see how many people gave up at Tsukuba. :lol:

As of 2am Eastern the ranks are as follows:

28,536th in U.S. - Tsukuba - 4:16.839 Lap Time

13,595th in U.S. - Rome - 5:25.544 Lap Time

10,997th in U.S. - Cape Ring - 6:04.521 Lap Time

9477th in U.S. - Overall - 15:46.904 Combined Times

Seems like 10,000 people are probably going to actually go through and finish all three tracks and post times when all is said and done.

Last edited:
20th out of how many? Very impressive btw.

Not sure exactly how many people are competing in the SE region but his psn is ADCinATX and he is now 21st overall in the SE. If i were to guess how many people are in the SE i would guess somewhere around 6 or 7 thousand. I doubt any less, if anything its allot more.

Back