So, I bought a bobber!

You're crazy if you think
I can afford either of these.
Stumbled across a deal on a bobber too good to pass up, '93 Suzuki Intruder 800 for $400. Doesn't run currently, PO thought it wasnt getting spark. I feel like he's wrong, but I'll know that for sure tomorrow :lol:

So far I've cleaned up the wiring enough to be functional, but not pretty. Bought a battery today, so that's charging as I type now. It's going to be a different feeling being on a cruiser instead of a sport bike, but come March, I'll have a shiny sport bike sitting next to this rat rod bobber!

11200772_10208022726428247_8139528936052433834_n.jpg

12301596_10208015311722884_1329017602099141774_n.jpg

Definitely a little project, but I'm ready for the challenge. Plans are to have this up and riding before Christmas

I had the stock 400cc version of this bike. Wanted to customise it to what you have their but just couldn't get on with a chopper, didn't suit my needs or the way I like to ride.

Good luck with your project.

I'll share more when it's running! Then decide whether to keep it or sell it, unsure about owning a cruiser, so riding it will make up my mind.

Currently I've confirmed that it is not getting spark at the plugs. It's pouring rain right now, but I found the wiring diagram, so tomorrow I'll be probing around to see if I have power at the coils, and continue to work my way back. Luckily there's only 3 components in the system, and the expensive one (CDI box) has already been replaced.

This thread is officially over. Moved across town to an apartment complex that won't let me keep a project here. I listed it up for sale, and had it sold within 12 hours. Made $50 on the thing too :lol:

Then I walked over to my neighbors house and bought my Bandit back for exactly what I sold it for!

Latest Posts

Back