So I bought this game....

• Thread starter jacnob
  • 3 comments
United States
Auburn
PDCrocks
NiiGokki
From the small amount I played of it, it was more than worth the 5.99 I payed for it. I picked the Eunos Cosmo (may have misspelled that) and consistently finished 2nd or 3rd. The last race I did, I won vs. a NSX! When I went to save that replay though, my PS2 shut off. I pulled the disc out and as it turns out my PS2, even after disassembling it and cleaning the laser and the area around it, is STILL etching lines in discs. As I've stated elsewhere, it has pretty much destroyed most of my GT discs :(

TL;DR: Games awesome, PS2 still screwing up discs.

Buy another PS2 and perhaps another copy, if it's an option. And since you seem to be enjoying the game I doubt that you'll regret it, rest assured. The odds and ranking system is great and offers many intense, tough and close races - if you are up to the challenge that is.

I once found myself battling against a EB110 in my level 5 Type-R (EP3) on Tsukuba wet. The AI always pulled away from me on the long straight but I managed to catch up with him by the end of the next lap (was basically 2 inches from his rear coming out of turn 8, every time) since he was struggling for grip in the cornerns. Long story short, it went on for 5 laps and lost just by a second or two, if I recall correctly. So close and yet so far away.

Or you might find yourself being chased by two AI opponents while in first place - both of them barely half a second behind you - for ten laps straight with absolutely no room for mistakes.

Anyway, before I just go on and on about my experience with the game; it's good to see another one joining the club of Enthusia players, congrats on the win against the NSX and sincerely sucks to hear about the rest.

:)

Last edited:
Thats actually what I'm going to do today if I can gather the cash. Another copy doesn't seem to be an option; I bought the only copy I've seen, well ever. On the plus side, I got a warranty from the used game store I bought it from, and they have this nice disc resurfacing machine so it should be O.K.

As for the EB110 story, I doubt I'll ever do something as impressive as that, but I sure can try!

UPDATE: PS2 is behaving itself for now, hasn't etched any lines into my new GT3 and hasn't etched anymore into Enthusia. When I realized that, I put in Enthusia just to realize I forgot to save the Cosmo file, so I picked the Cappuccino this time. It seems a lot more capable than the Cosmo ever was, and it beat out the Elise 111S in the second race I ran it in.

Last edited:
As for the EB110 story, I doubt I'll ever do something as impressive as that, but I sure can try!
Correction : It was an Integra DC5, not a Type-R EP3. Nonetheless, it is one of the best and most enjoyable races I've had in recent times. I wish I'd saved the replay though.

UPDATE: PS2 is behaving itself for now, hasn't etched any lines into my new GT3 and hasn't etched anymore into Enthusia. When I realized that, I put in Enthusia just to realize I forgot to save the Cosmo file, so I picked the Cappuccino this time. It seems a lot more capable than the Cosmo ever was, and it beat out the Elise 111S in the second race I ran it in
Glad to hear it has sorted itself out. Enjoy the quirky and wonderful Enthusia!

Back