So I decided to try Iracing...

Australia
Australia
revhead_1000
So after getting project cars I was kind hungry for more realism (since Pcars is so far above GT). As such I figured I would get a one month subscription just to see what everyone was on about. WOOOOOOOWWWWW. It is amazing. I can see why everyone likes it and oh boy are Pcars so behind. Also the wheel is so much better on the PC than the PS4. So yeah Iracing is amazing.

glad you liked it @revhead_1000
Here is a tip if you want to continue...go into you account and turn OFF auto renewal.
Let your one month membership run out...then within 2 weeks iracing will offer you a comeback deal, a year @50%
take the deal :)

iracing hooked me too a year ago, I loved how my info from a race you can get. how good the replays are.
And most of all they are trying to make everyone drive clean.

glad you liked it @revhead_1000
Here is a tip if you want to continue...go into you account and turn OFF auto renewal.
Let your one month membership run out...then within 2 weeks iracing will offer you a comeback deal, a year @50%
take the deal :)

iracing hooked me too a year ago, I loved how my info from a race you can get. how good the replays are.
And most of all they are trying to make everyone drive clean.
That will depend on a lot of different factors. Mainly being if that deal becomes available during your suspension. I just recently let mine lapse for 5 months and only received 1 offer to come back in that time and it was 3 months for 1 month subscription. Ive been a member since 2011. So they do offer come back deals, but not to many, takes a couple months to receive and no idea what deal they will offer.

So after getting project cars I was kind hungry for more realism (since Pcars is so far above GT). As such I figured I would get a one month subscription just to see what everyone was on about. WOOOOOOOWWWWW. It is amazing. I can see why everyone likes it and oh boy are Pcars so behind. Also the wheel is so much better on the PC than the PS4. So yeah Iracing is amazing.

I had that reaction to iRacing about 5 years ago. And I still do, every time I log in. :-)

Welcome to Iracing. I had the same reaction several years ago as well. I have been a GT/Forza junkie my whole life, well, since those games came out, and have always owned both xbox's and ps's just to play them. I don't play them much now since i've discovered iracing and other actual sims. Make sure you use the official forums, the community is very helpful.

By the way, how important is it to learn to blip the throttle on a downshift in the sim?
Very....auto blip helps you but we need to learn it even with Auto Blip turned on.

Watch any on board video of a race car and you will see them blipping the throttle during downshifts

By the way, how important is it to learn to blip the throttle on a downshift in the sim?

I don't really know if you NEED to learn it, but if you want realism then you'll have to blip on some cars.
I started with auto blip, then turned it off, and I really struggled for 2-3 days before getting comfortable with it. But once you've found how to put your foot on the pedals, it becomes natural.
I wouldn't advise to learn with auto blip turned on though, because you need to know when you do it wrong, and there's nothing better for it than a good old spin because your wheels blocked! :)

Last edited:
I'm currently out of subscription and just missed out on a 1yr for 50% deal... I think they just had an offer on recently for new members to get 3mths for $5, due to the newly announce tie in to the Renault cars!

Edit:

Yep found it...

"To celebrate this announcement iRacing is offering a special discount for new members – get 3-months for just $5 (a $30 value). Use promo code PR-RENAULTwhen you create your new account at www.iracing.com/membership."

This is from the iRacing news pages - iRacingsnews

I'm considering re-joining, just because I do not have any real progress in my account thus far.
The only thing that holds me back, is the amount of investment of $/£ required to progress in the game beyond the Rookie levels!

Still Love it though ;) 👍

Last edited:
Would be fun to race with you @hobbsy! :)👍 About the investment, yeah sure it's not the cheapest game, but if you buy a pack of tracks and take part in two consecutive seasons of the same series (or equivalent with the same tracks), it's an investment every 6 months "only". But it's definitely not the same approach than GT6 ;)

I was going to speak with you about iRacing, or at least get hold of your user name there.

As I understand it though, wasn't there a small cost for hosting races, so unless we manage to luck ourselves into the same lobby we would probably never be on track together... I could well be wrong though!

I was going to speak with you about iRacing, or at least get hold of your user name there.

As I understand it though, wasn't there a small cost for hosting races, so unless we manage to luck ourselves into the same lobby we would probably never be on track together... I could well be wrong though!
If you add them to your friends list you can see what rooms they are in and if you own the content a button will be available for you to join them.

Back