So, I failed The Written Test To Get My Learners Permit today.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Silverzone
  • 49 comments
  • 11,208 views
Messages
4,312
Man I passed the test over the signs test with flying colors, but When I got to the rules portion, I went blank on many of the questions. Got 2 more tries. going to hold off on trying again till next week. That way I can study a bit more.
 
Eh, it happens.. no biggie.

I took the test a few weeks ago. Some of the brightest kids in the class failed (only a few failed, the rest got under 80% which isn't considered passing), one of my lazy friends who never studies ended up with a 98% :rolleyes: Study more the 2nd time, I'm sure you'll do fine. I got a 92 on my first try 👍 Although I had an entire marking period class for drivers ed so it made it easy.
 
Silverzone
Man I passed the test over the signs test with flying colors, but When I got to the rules portion, I went blank on many of the questions. Got 2 more tries. going to hold off on trying again till next week. That way I can study a bit more.

Way to go, failure. 👎
 
What happens if you use all your attemps?

I passed first shot no probs :sly: (years ago), cant say the same for my friends. We have unlimited trys but you must wait acouple days between them.
 
Don't worry about it too much. I remember I missed 7 of a possible 8 when I took it. Good luck on the second time around :)
 
Hope I don't fail first time, next year when I go to get them.
 
[Nelson Muntz]
Ha Ha
[/Nelson Muntz]
 
Did you even study? No, forget that. Most of the questions are common sense. You better pass next time or we'll really laugh at you. Good luck.
 
In Massachusetts, you just need to answer 14 out of 20 multiple-choice questions correctly to get your learner's permit.

Some of the questions are ridiculous, but it's a very easy test. I remember one of them asking what the fine was for not properly securing an infant into his child seat. Why would a 16/17 year old kid need to know this? And why would anyone need to know the fine?
 
Man that sucks! Ask Mazkid I think he failed and had a good reason also since it was hard as ****! You needed to know distance and a whole bunch of other mumbo jumbo.
 
I failed my first time, as well. This was due to having to know exact distances (which is really just common sense on the road), and DUI fines.
 
In Tennessee, the permit test is really easy. I pass it with ease. Out of 30 questions you can miss up to 6. I missed 4 on my first try and got my permit. :)

Some of the questions were no brainier. The first question was so easy I almost fall out of my chair and die. It had a picture of a small compact car. It asked:

What is this?

A: Car
B: Truck
C: Bus

Of course the answer is A. This is what you should expect from Tennessee. I am sure that the test in California is harder than the test here.

With questions like that, my sister managed to fail twice. HaHa
 
240Z
I failed my first time, as well. This was due to having to know exact distances (which is really just common sense on the road), and DUI fines.
Thats what killed me. It is easy to tell exact distances on the road, but in exact feat it gets messed up.
 
Yeah thats what I was talking about I hope we dont have to do that here in Florida.
 
I say its a godo thing....if you cant pass the written test, sorry dude theres no room for you on teh road. You'll get it soon enough when you're "ready"
 
I have the Record at the RTA (testing place over here) in my locale. :lol:

6 minutes, 100%. I wasn't even trying to go quickly, but I just ended up passing so easily, because I practised the Online Test so many times, all of the questions became second nature.

I just want my Provisional 1 License now, so I can drive on my own, dammit.
 
rollazn
Some of the questions were no brainier. The first question was so easy I almost fall out of my chair and die. It had a picture of a small compact car. It asked:

What is this?

A: Car
B: Truck
C: Bus
Wow.

The test in California's certainly harder than that, though a lot of it is still common sense. However, there are some weird ones, like the aforementioned measurement junk. Here's a sample from a California Traffic Laws permit test (the real test is 30 questions, not 10).
 
Haha. The permit test I took was on computer, and it was certainly way easier than what is on the site.

It does ask some harder questions about drugs and drinking. Nothing compared to what is on the site though. We have it easy here in Tennessee.
 
30 questions? We get 45 questions here, and ours seem a lot harder, and a lot less obvious. Well, in some cases, the answer is obvious, but we sure as hell don't have to tell the difference between a Car, a Bus and a Truck. :lol:
 
Hey...I only got 1 wrong on that online thing. A lot better than the 7 wrong that I got on the actual test. Maybe I got smarter!
 
Jimmy Enslashay
30 questions? We get 45 questions here [...]
Oops, just checked my test (yeah, I still have it), and it was 46 questions.
 
We actually get 47. But that's including the first question about Bribery, and the last question about some other legal nonsense that is complete common-sense. So, on actual driving questions, we get 45.
 
On my written test to get my SC Beginner's Permit, there were 30 questions, I had to get 24 right to pass. Yes, I did pass by getting 26 out of 30 right. ;) Most of the questions were just common sense.
 
You only need 24 out of 30? Why do we get the rough end of the Learner's stick? We have to get 43 out of 45, or we fail. :grumpy:
 
I remember when I did the test there was a couple trick questions included.
 
rollazn
In Tennessee, the permit test is really easy. I pass it with ease. Out of 30 questions you can miss up to 6. I missed 4 on my first try and got my permit. :)

Some of the questions were no brainier. The first question was so easy I almost fall out of my chair and die. It had a picture of a small compact car. It asked:

What is this?

A: Car
B: Truck
C: Bus

Of course the answer is A. This is what you should expect from Tennessee. I am sure that the test in California is harder than the test here.

With questions like that, my sister managed to fail twice. HaHa
Wow, and I thought Ontario's written test was easy... which it is. But not that easy!

The Ontario test is real easy, if you can memorize the required distances, you're almost guaranteed to pass. I got 39/40 on my first try. Easy, easy test.
 
I got my permit today. I missed 6 out of 30. I thought i'd do better but whatever. I also went driving for the very first time. What a nerve-racking experience. I had never done anything remotely close to driving except for sitting behind the wheel of a parked car and playing gt3. I also think my dad is a horrible teacher, I wasn't nervous until he started his "instructions". God, I was tore up for about 2 hours. I'll try again later or tomorrow in an automatic (although I really want to drive a manual, but I need to get the basics down first).
 
Otto studying for his bus driving license: "Alcohol makes you a better driver...False!?!?"

I got 29/30 on my first shot at my permit test. Most of it is just common sense.
 
Raptor65
I got my permit today. I missed 6 out of 30. I thought i'd do better but whatever. I also went driving for the very first time. What a nerve-racking experience. I had never done anything remotely close to driving except for sitting behind the wheel of a parked car and playing gt3. I also think my dad is a horrible teacher, I wasn't nervous until he started his "instructions". God, I was tore up for about 2 hours. I'll try again later or tomorrow in an automatic (although I really want to drive a manual, but I need to get the basics down first).
My dad was also a horrible driving teacher; his method of teaching involved telling me how every little thing I did wrong could potentially kill someone...

My advice is to go to a driving school as soon as possible. They really helped me become a safer driver.
 
Back