So I finally got a wheel... HOLY CRAP it's so much harder!

• Thread starter uM_Jammer
  • 9 comments
So I'm one of Enthusia's biggest fans. Finally broke down and got a wheel (G25... hot hot hot). Loaded up Tsukuba. Grabbed my Miata. Crashed everywhere!!!

Hahahaha! It's a whole different game with a wheel, why didn't anybody say anything?

This is awesome. I get to totally rediscover what Enthusia is all about. Hopefully the game will tie me over until spring, when I can hit the track again for real.

To all you wheel drifters... a renewed respect. 👍 👍 👍 Awesome driving, and gives me something to strive for.

Thanks for listening. :dopey:

Um... 💡 your welcome ...... :crazy: lol. :D

Edit: Now do this and you win!!!!

j/k, I don't expect any wheel n00b to pull that off.... I've got years experience with over 30+ racing titles, my favorites of which being the sims....

Oooooh, the G25! <Somewhere nearby a heavenly choir bursts into song />

So how does it work with Enthusia? Can you use the clutch pedal at all? Sequential only or full-on shifting? I was just drooling over the review of it over at SimHQ.com, but they only reviewed PC games so I wasn't even sure if it worked with Enthusia...

Yeah, I was surprised at how much harder it is with a DFP vs. my old DF... and then Enthusia's setting further confused me. The biggest thing that makes it hard to drive with a DFP is that the force feedback isn't very realistic IMO. The actions I take and then the reaction of the physics are not intuitive to what would happen if driving in real life IMO.

I agree with DWA. Enthusia's force feedback isn't quite something to write home about.

Have fun with your wheel, uM_Jammer. Do you play Live for Speed?

the wheel can move much much faster on its own than the dfp. so, i'd imagine racing would be easier? i havent had a chance to try the g25 myself.

You should get the live for speed demo and try out the wingman profiler settings posted in the forums.

@rsmith

Yup, that's what I'm talking about. :crazy:

@heavyboots

I read the same review. Pretty much agree with everything he said. The relative height of the gas and brake is my biggest gripe. The shifter isn't great either, though. We get an H-pattern mechanism, at the expensive of solid feeling shifts in sequential mode.

---

Nope, the clutch pedal can't be used for the clutch in Enthusia, and the shifter works only in sequential mode. :indiff:

Regarding the FF, yea it does feel odd. Personally can't pin-point exactly why.

Regarding noise, yup, it's noisy, not as much as the DFP perhaps.

Regarding LFS. YES! Well...yes and no. I've been playing the demo for 3+ years now I think, and have been following the development pretty closely ever since. Yea yea, buy S2. I definetly will, sooner than later. 👍

So LFS was where I got my first taste of the clutch and shifter. Heel-toe? It's a lot easier in real life. LOL. The pedal heights really do wreck havoc with trying to heel toe.

On the topic of other sims, I was quite impressed with NetKar. Although the future looks grim for the game. Driving the formula car in NetKar is difficult and intense. I'm curious about how it compares with LFS's FOX.

Why dont you drift on dragon range?? whats the best time you got on it? I wish i could upload my vidz on youtube or battle some1 thats fukn good so i have a challenge. ima try this weekend to do that.

Rx7 is the ****.

Latest Posts

Back