So i gave the Formula GT race a try...

• Thread starter ki11abee
  • 22 comments
KiLLaBEE1996
Wow its freakin hard. I golded the first one, 4th placed the second one(i went off course near the end on last lap as i was in first) andcouldnt do the rest. Especially coute'd azut. Once you lose lead its so hard to come back. Anyone actually golded them all. I had a headache after two 20 lap courses and one mistake screws your championship for the points. I am using a DFGT btw. I tried to see how it would diff with the controller and wow its even worse an maybe near impossible. The turning sucks compared to using a wheel.
Anyways, just felt like venting.....:/

How many lap's do you have in each race because i can't remember now. 10 or 12? It's more then enough to overtake and maintain lead so you don't have to be inpatient with this car.

It's hard to jump from ordinary slow cars like SLS for example to FGT and expect to fin immediately so i think you would have to train a little.

Try do first win all those races for Gold but not in the championship mode, just one race at the time, when you will be ready attack Championship. I won them all in Championship but in the first race was very fast learning lesson for me, i did it slow and try to learn how this car react, it' was easy fast lesson. Last race was pain in the butt because Suzuka is ok :) I did Vettel so FGT?? pfffff but not in the Rain :scared: so last race last more then an hour :crazy:

I never had problems with that championship.
Sure, it's the hardest one of the all, but it's definetly not impossible.

And even if you're doing mistakes, you always should be able to get back onto 1st Place.
But Côte d'Azure was really a tough race, only have 5 Seconds before the 2nd.

Its just that 20 laps is a WOA to my arms sitting straight for that period of time. And mistakes on last lap kill you! I love the challenge but i just hate that the margin of error is so small near the end. Im sure in time i will do it. If i golded the first course and had the second (if i hadnt choked) im sure the rest are possible.

The championship is a project to sit down and play through on one sitting. Unlike the endurance races where you can crush them with your superior car, F-GT needs some pretty careful driving. I avoided it entirely in GT4 but this time I decided to just plow through them. It was not entirely what I'd call "fun", but it was satisfying to have done it...

Waited ages to get the car (because I couldn't get online but thats been sorted) finally got it earlier and it it wants to spend more time as a rally car than a racing car. Will keep trying but its difficult.

I tried it a bunch of times, couldn't make it more than 2-3 laps without spinning the car, not to mention the entire field was outpacing me anyway. Gave up on it for now. Luckily there are other races in both A and B spec that I can work on for the time being, but I'm going to have to man up and get it done sooner or later. Just not looking forward to it at all.

If Bob can do it, then so can you ;)

That's what's kind of frustrating to me. This is the first and so far only series where Bob can beat it without a problem, but I can't!

Definitely takes some practice. Search the forums (there are a lot of posts about this) for ideas on how to get through it.

I managed a bronze in the challenge and bobby b spec got gold... go figure. The first 3 i managed to gold, but the last 3 were especially hard. I'll try it again soon, btw I used the same tune "dabest2500" links to a few posts up.

It definitely takes a lot of patience and nerve.....I find that once I got the pace down its just concentrating and not pushing so to not make a mistake.

Even I had trouble with this event, I bowed the only one I'll skip is Cote De Azur, but then 2 rain one's came up... :scared:

I gave up on it. It's not worth the time.

same here, the biggest problem with this is that whilst you have to stay 100% concentrated for 20 laps its a breeze for the A.I, you can drive great for 19 laps and then make 1 mistake in the final lap and you've just wasted your time, thats exactly what happened to me.

This is the first one I've seen that I couldn't just jump into and win. I had to practice each event before going for the championship until I had the course down. It *is* beatable but you really need to work on being able to put in a fast lap time. Monaco I was a tank on, finished like 9th. Managed to take the championship though, got lucky and hit no rain in the last two races, I doubt I'll ever be back to gold everything. :)

I think there's a freebie bug on Nurburgring, the AI constantly crashes on the second to last corner, huge pileups, over and over and over. It's kind of weird.

I won most of them, but only came second at Monaco. I thought second was pretty good after being 10+ seconds behind last place after a first corner spin and 17 point turn! It shows you can come back and fight back through the crowd, but IMO some assist are needed for this series.

Wow its freakin hard. I golded the first one, 4th placed the second one(i went off course near the end on last lap as i was in first) andcouldnt do the rest. Especially coute'd azut. Once you lose lead its so hard to come back. Anyone actually golded them all. I had a headache after two 20 lap courses and one mistake screws your championship for the points. I am using a DFGT btw. I tried to see how it would diff with the controller and wow its even worse an maybe near impossible. The turning sucks compared to using a wheel.
Anyways, just felt like venting.....:/

I golded em all on the first try. (i practiced on dream car championship before ;) )

I put ABS on 10 for late breaking, TCS at 1, and Skid recovery force on. I have a wheel. I didnt change anything else on the car. Drive with 2 feet of course.

Always break in straight line and turn AFTER you left the break pedal.
Try the hood view, i prefer it for this car.

You have to do flawless laps, dont go too fast, keep control of the car.

I just tried it again without skid recovery, its harder but its possible. You have to be gentle on the gas pedal :)

I golded em all on the first try. (i practiced on dream car championship before ;) )

I put ABS on 10 for late breaking, TCS at 1, and Skid recovery force on. I have a wheel. I didnt change anything else on the car. Drive with 2 feet of course.

Always break in straight line and turn AFTER you left the break pedal.
Try the hood view, i prefer it for this car.

You have to do flawless laps, dont go too fast, keep control of the car.

I just tried it again without skid recovery, its harder but its possible. You have to be gentle on the gas pedal :)

Yea you def need assist on. Without accidents are to easy to occur. I only had 2 abs, ill try 10(which seems too high) and see if i can gold them all one day.

I spent one day doing the races individually and then did the championship the next day. Tough races but once you get the tracks and the setups down you'll see it's not much of a problem.

Back