So, I have started playing GT3 again

Australia
Australia
I have never 100% finished GT3, on my first go I know I had finished Arcade Mode. In GT Mode I had finished Rally and Amateur. I had finished a large portion of Endurance, easy and hard races. That was many years ago.

Now I am thinking at least a few years ago I fired up GT3 and amazed at how good the intro still looks. Plus it takes me back to that original feel of the GT games that was still there but starting to slip into what we know GT has become. Anyway I load the game and I'm pissed! Nothing is there! Why did my younger self delete this damn game? I had a habit of doing this when I was younger, play something for ages, grow dissatisfied with my choices and start over but this was so long ago that I expected to pick up from where I left off!

Now fast forward to yesterday and I put it on and I am happy to see that my older but still younger-self has cleared the first 6 races on Arcade, all licenses but Rally and 4 cars. A Mazda MX-5, Mazda 787B, Viper GTS and Polyphony 002. I don't even need to see how many GT mode races I have done to know the exact timeline just from looking at the garage.

Anyone have similar experiences when they haven't touched a game in many years and load it up and completely surprised at what you find for better or worse?

I know exactly what you mean. I've got to say that gran turismo 3 Is one of my favorite video games.

I started playing in 2003 when I was 5 and have been on-off every few years or so.

I have just recently gotten back into it. I use my save from like 2010 or 2011 with a 60 something % completion. I checked my garage and was totally surprised to find an escudo pikes peak with 1800hp on it and a mazda 787b. I legit didnt even remember super-tuning the escudo, and didnt even know I had beaten like the wind. (I must've used the escudo) I also found a ford gt40 road car which looks really cool that I didnt even know I had.

I dont think in all the years ive played Gt3 ive ever beaten it :P

That's what I mean! It's almost like a time capsule. You were five in 2003?! I was 15 then which makes me 26 now. That's a long ass time to have started a game and still not finish. Hopefully I can finish it next year...right after I finish GT2, that's got about 30% left to do.

Ahhh GT3...
I did not reach 100% ever in it but I was somewhere near 65% or something. I had completed the Arcade mode and the most of the Simulation Mode ( Aside from the S license and the S license races ) .
I remember when I tried to play it again ( that was 1 year before ) The first thing I did was to check my garage... I was quite surprised to find a whole lot of 100+ cars whith Suzuki Escudo Pikes Peak (1100hp ) the C-West Razo Silvia ( One of my favorite race cars ) the two polyphony formula models ( I owned thd PAL version )and the Panoz Esperante GT1 ( somewhere around 800hp , I dont quite remember :P ). Also I was quite dissapointed after I realised that I had sold the Nissan Z Concept ( 350Z ) the Toyota SPRINTER TRUENO GT-APEX (AE86 Shuichi Shigeno Version) and the RX8 Concept and there wasn't any way of getting them back... I decided to do a race just for the nostalgia. I remember entering a race ( I don't remember which one exactly ).The game started to load the stage... but it never loaded it... the disk had so many scratches in it that rendered the game unplayable :( ( However it is quite logical because I have the game since 2003 ... that makes it something like 11 years old...Lol I was like 7 years old then :P )
Ever since I have tried to find a copy of the game with no success...

Been playing GT3 a lot lately, and I'm almost finished. I'm now working the Formula GT series, and have 8 races left, than I'm done.

I remember having a go at Formula GT...and if I remember correctly, your oil needs to be changed very early on in the championship which leaves you at a disadvantage power wise because you can't change the oil without quitting the whole championship.

Back