So.... i orderd PC2 PS4

Netherlands
Lienden, Buren
Sooo after a year of waiting and my big dissepointment in PC1 release i orderd PC2 voor my PS4 Pro. I play GT but want some variation in my racing and bought it now for “cheap” (30,- euro with all dlc) so nothing to lose......

I play with controller and most racing games with chase or roof/hood cam. Is there something i need to change in settings for the best experience?

I dont want this to be a first reaction big dissepointment again so want to start on the best way with the best settings for the best first impression.

@ least race hood view and don't think you can go flat out everywhere ;) get a smart phone and use a app to see the real tyre temps and a usb keyboard for extra buttons and @ least look through the forum for pad settings there are hundreds and if your on a 4k tv use high res mode :)

Sooo after a year of waiting and my big dissepointment in PC1 release i orderd PC2 voor my PS4 Pro. I play GT but want some variation in my racing and bought it now for “cheap” (30,- euro with all dlc) so nothing to lose......

I play with controller and most racing games with chase or roof/hood cam. Is there something i need to change in settings for the best experience?

I dont want this to be a first reaction big dissepointment again so want to start on the best way with the best settings for the best first impression.
I use the hood cam or the TV cam as I'd call it.

There are a lot of fun cars in game. Try a variety before making your final judgement. The IndyCar feels very different to the GT5s as you'd expect.

Hmm iam a bit sceptical now i watch some youtube vids about the controller its feels like it will be the same dissepointment.... :nervous:

Hmm iam a bit sceptical now i watch some youtube vids about the controller its feels like it will be the same dissepointment.... :nervous:
Don't be sceptical, this is me with a controller.

Don't go into it thinking it'll be like GTS or FM7.
All cars in this game feel different.
Yes a wheel is smoother (I have a TX) but I'm more than happy to use a controller when I can't be bothered to set my wheel up.
This is me with a wheel.

Last edited:
Did u changend any controller settings??
Yes to my liking & it is a personal thing like FFB settings with a wheel, what I like won't necessarily be what you like.

Just remember that some groups of cars have very direct steering, other groups have a loose feel to them, some groups feel light while others feel heavy.

I suggest giving the defaults a try & if you don't like them then you can try my settings in the above video descriptions.

However you might want to raise the speed sensitivity & controller damping to your liking if it's to twitchy for you.

Last edited:
In fairness, if the OP is decently serious about racing games, even if you can't afford a new wheel ($200 for a T150), it is worth shopping around for a decent used PS3 wheel (you can pick up DFGT's for under $50) and a used DriveHub converter (seen those for $50 and up) and save yourself a lot of anguish!

You'll be able to use it on GTS and AC etc. too, so it's not like you're buying something for one game...

Any news OP since ?

I am about to be on the same boat as you ..

I have a PS4 pro, wheel setup and rig ready to go...

Just waiting for a good deal on the deluxe pC2 with all the dLC included... As suggested by Mr Grumpy

Would appreciate your impression and recs OP.

Thanks Chikane,

I am not in a rush.
I am pretty sure I will get pC2 at some point...
Mr Grumpy convinced me already, but I will be waiting to get a good deal on a deluxe hard copy...

The $20 standard from Amazon right now would force me to buy the DLC separately and would total me $60...
I would buy it but right now I barely have time for game play at home, so $60 is too much for me right now.

I am a patient man, sort of... At least in this case...

I am also considering PC2 when I have some gaming time (currently in FM7 and F1 2018). But there's only one DLC I'll get: le mans.
To me it seems it is supperior to the others.

I am also considering PC2 when I have some gaming time (currently in FM7 and F1 2018). But there's only one DLC I'll get: le mans.

Huh? Just get them all, they're on sale now I think. The deluxe or ultimate or whatever they call it is well worth it.

I know it's an old discussion but for those of us that use a controller. Yes, you can change the setup and it might feel better but i use default and it handels perfectly fine and I'm quite competitive with it ( ask the guys at 10tenth :P ). More lies in dedicate some time to get the feel for the game, and certainly for a car and track combo. It all handles different and that is one of the strongholds of the game

Oh no way mate. You're going to also want the rest of the goodies :).

Any news OP since ?

I am about to be on the same boat as you ..

I have a PS4 pro, wheel setup and rig ready to go...

Just waiting for a good deal on the deluxe pC2 with all the dLC included... As suggested by Mr Grumpy

Would appreciate your impression and recs OP.

Thanks Chikane,

I am not in a rush.
I am pretty sure I will get pC2 at some point...
Mr Grumpy convinced me already, but I will be waiting to get a good deal on a deluxe hard copy...

The $20 standard from Amazon right now would force me to buy the DLC separately and would total me $60...
I would buy it but right now I barely have time for game play at home, so $60 is too much for me right now.

I am a patient man, sort of... At least in this case...

Huh? Just get them all, they're on sale now I think. The deluxe or ultimate or whatever they call it is well worth it.

I guess you guys are referring to the X-Box or PC versions of the Sim because, the PS4 version isn't on Sale now and rarely has been :ouch:.

This has been infuriating, as we've been waiting for a Sale to purchase a few copies for some GTS friends. :lol:

For instance, the Base Game is being sold on the PSN Store for $59 and the Deluxe Version (what you REALLY want), is listed at $89.

Even if you were prudent enough to purchase a physical Base Game copy locally and, spend $20-25 and, downloaded the rest of the DLC's/Season Passes/Packs online (PSN Store.) In order to make it virtually a Ultimate Edition, I believe, you're still shelling out an additional $30-$40.

It's crazy that they don't drop the price of this game a bit

I know it's an old discussion but for those of us that use a controller. Yes, you can change the setup and it might feel better but i use default and it handels perfectly fine and I'm quite competitive with it ( ask the guys at 10tenth :P ). More lies in dedicate some time to get the feel for the game, and certainly for a car and track combo. It all handles different and that is one of the strongholds of the game
I've never have tried pCARS 2 on a Controller but, I think I know why people who are looking to use a Controller using pCARS 2 get concerned nowadays - still.

When pCARS 2 first came out, they had some real issues with Controller issues, but from what I hear, they sorted it all out quite a while ago. However, GTS came out right at the time they resolved the Controller issues but, it was too late as many moved over to GTS by then.

So, pCARS 2 still carries around this stigma of being Controller unfriendly, which apparently, is no longer the case. In fact, some have even said that there's an unfair advantage in favor of Controller users over Wheel users, but, that's a topic for another time and place :lol:.

Last edited:
I can't believe PC2 is still full price on PS4. As much as I love this game, I'm a little disappointed. Mostly, because I'd love for GTS players to pick it up (even if only out of boredom with a game they've been playing for over a year) and really dive deep.

That said, if for some reason my PC2 game disappeared from my PS4, I'd pay 100 dollars+, just to get it back!

It's deep, EXTREMELY deep, given the limitations of the PS4.

I can't believe PC2 is still full price on PS4. As much as I love this game, I'm a little disappointed. Mostly, because I'd love for GTS players to pick it up (even if only out of boredom with a game they've been playing for over a year) and really dive deep.

That said, if for some reason my PC2 game disappeared from my PS4, I'd pay 100 dollars+, just to get it back!

It's deep, EXTREMELY deep, given the limitations of the PS4.
It is not currently discounted on PS Store but has been. It was £24.99 not that many months ago. You can get it for £17 on Amazon right now as well.

Back