So i tried changing low poly cars on high poly

• Thread starter Shiga06
  • 6 comments
Russian Federation
Russian Federation
So I tried changing car and wheels models for high quality ones using Nenkai's VOL editor.
There are High quality models, used in showrooms and low quality models, used in races. After unpacking the gt.vol file, i saw 2 folders: "car" and "wheels". Inside each i saw "hq" and "race" variants of same everything. ~850 files of hq and race models of cars. The number of files was the same, so changing would be "harmless". I swapped the folders by renaming hq into race, and vice versa.
After changing and compiling I noticed the cars in showroom weren't hq anymore - they were blocky, pixelated, and if it was a cabrio, the roof was up. But, going into race resulted in a problem - most cars straight up dissapeared. No body, no wheels. Only very specific cars like 787 and Corolla Rally Car worked (but were missing wheels, sadly). The only car that worked fine was Citroёn GT, which had body on wheels, like every car has to be.
What could be wrong? Gt.vol files between mine and original are the same size, so the swapping folders wasn't screwed up.

Last edited:
GT PSP deserves more love since we have a powerful emulator to run it on.
However, I'm interested in engine sounds & throttle/brake management & have come across a video on YouTube showcasing throttle/brake management via a modding tool called "ADHD Analog to Digital".
I'm not into computers, modding files & all that stuff but when there are experts there's always a way.

GT PSP deserves more love since we have a powerful emulator to run it on.
However, I'm interested in engine sounds & throttle/brake management & have come across a video on YouTube showcasing throttle/brake management via a modding tool called "ADHD Analog to Digital".
I'm not into computers, modding files & all that stuff but when there are experts there's always a way.
hmmm, interesting. I don't have much time now, but will definitely check out this video. Do you have a link?, because I think it'll be problematic to find💀

hmmm, interesting. I don't have much time now, but will definitely check out this video. Do you have a link?, because I think it'll be problematic to find💀
Here you go buddy:

Check the video description & if you want to contact the guy who made this ADHD thing he's called evilC & has a YouTube & Github account.

I play GTPSP on my phone so I won't think a PC tutorial will be useful for mobile users. I'm looking forward for a tutorial or an iso file from you.
Best of luck mate.

I play GTPSP on my phone so I won't think a PC tutorial will be useful for mobile users. I'm looking forward for a tutorial or an iso file from you.
Best of luck mate.
That's too optimistic, idk if I could do this 💀

That's too optimistic, idk if I could do this 💀
It's ok mate 👍🏻
You can try it on your PC and tell me if the video was useful for you or not.
GTPSP had many other issues like most cars not having ABS beside the lack of analog throttle & braking.
I read somewhere on Reddit that Polyphony planned pressure sensitive acceleration & braking for GTPSP but the PSP didn't have pressure sensitive buttons. That's why the AI have control over acceleration & braking & the player not.

Back