So it matters, what wheel you use. (for me atleast)

  • Thread starter Thread starter sdi_03
  • 18 comments
  • 2,218 views
Messages
712
Finland
Finland
Most of have read the strugle that I went thru with my G29 wheel, still not sure if the wheel itself was damaged and functioned perfectly.
Just love this new T300RS wheel, it basicly tells you if you are making mistakes, pushing too much etc.
I was stuck with getting better with the G-wheel, and thats why the other thread... (sorry about that)

My set up is now T-wheel with G29 pedals, had problems with the auto calibration first. I made a steel stopper for brake, so the travel is reduced.
Had no problem with the force needed, but the travel seemed too long.

Finished the set up tonight and put some laps with gr2 nsx did last night with out the stopper 1:30.8xx
Here is replay for tonights few laps,

 
I have the Logitech G29 wheel with pedals and shifter.
I like everything about it except the lack of sensitivity.
Makes judging turns a bit harder.
I can't quite feel the road.
 
I have the Logitech G29 wheel with pedals and shifter.
I like everything about it except the lack of sensitivity.
Makes judging turns a bit harder.
I can't quite feel the road.
IMO the G29 is a bit Underdeveloped compared to TM and Fanatec Wheels, no option to update wheel Firmware for PS4 and no option to set the angle of rotation for GT and other Games 900° is just to much for some cars the G29 is basically a G27(2006) with A Different Button Layout, 13 year old Technology
 
IMO the G29 is a bit Underdeveloped compared to TM and Fanatec Wheels, no option to update wheel Firmware for PS4 and no option to set the angle of rotation for GT and other Games 900° is just to much for some cars the G29 is basically a G27(2006) with A Different Button Layout, 13 year old Technology
Strange about this wheel though.
Previous to the G29, I had the Logitech DFP and it felt so much better with GT4.
I remember that because I spent considerably a lot of time with it, and I remember feeling everybit of road in that game.
 
Strange about this wheel though.
Previous to the G29, I had the Logitech DFP and it felt so much better with GT4.
I remember that because I spent considerably a lot of time with it, and I remember feeling everybit of road in that game.
Previous Games have a totally different FFB model compared to GTS, i Had the DFGT myself was quite happy with that till unsupported on PS4 i went for the TM T150 that was a big Improvement, Using T300 for a while now thats even better, but i would say the T150 is a great entry level wheel for GT sport.
One of the Guys who reached the world Finals has a T150 with the 2 pedal setup.
 
I bought myself a G29. It was my first try at sim racing with a wheel. It felt good but i wasn't getting alot of road and car information.. only really resistance. It developed a odd scraping noise while turning so I returned it and thought I'd spend a bit more and go with fanatec CSL elite. Omg the difference is astonishing... So much more FFB but it's so much smoother at the same time, can't I can feel road effects perfectly and know exactly if the car is at its limits.
 
I bought myself a G29. It was my first try at sim racing with a wheel. It felt good but i wasn't getting alot of road and car information.. only really resistance. It developed a odd scraping noise while turning so I returned it and thought I'd spend a bit more and go with fanatec CSL elite. Omg the difference is astonishing... So much more FFB but it's so much smoother at the same time, can't I can feel road effects perfectly and know exactly if the car is at its limits.
Then, I will probably consider that wheel.
Afterall, it works with the G29 pedals.
 
The pedals you get with the fanatec PS4 elite bundle are amazing too. Full aluminium powercoated . Brake has tonnes of modulation
 
The ceiling is higher on a wheel than a controller. Then the ceiling is again marginally higher on a TGT compared to a G29. The more money you spend the better you'll go, for multiple reasons, but the improvements are so marginal its not really worth it for someone not looking to be at an elite level.
 
Strange about this wheel though.
Previous to the G29, I had the Logitech DFP and it felt so much better with GT4.
I remember that because I spent considerably a lot of time with it, and I remember feeling everybit of road in that game.
Yeah I think PD nerfed the G29 to funnel users to the TGT because PD gets a cut. G29 plays so much better in other games like F1, Assetto Corsa, PC2, Dirty Rally and even feels better when I plug it in to my PS3 to play GT6.
 
In kie25 vid, he said that he put the T-GT to other mode, was wondering what would be the difference. He said that he liked it better that way.
In T-GT manual, it says that wheel shows in games as T300RS in "other" mode.
This was the main reason for me, to test the T-wheel.
For the G29 pedals, I found wiring diagram online how to connect to T-wheel.
Took the wire from thrusmaster pedals an soldered DB9 connector to that. Then its just plug and play.
 
The article I read a week or two ago about Turismo Lester showed him sitting in front of a G29, and I’ve also seen Tidgney using one, so they can’t be that bad.
 
@sdi_03 - I knew an alien once who used the controller to drive. When he switched to a wheel he was slower & just couldn't get on with it at all. Then, he got a different wheel & was back on his normal pace. It's not always about the difference between pad & wheel that matters, but also finding a wheel that works for you. I'm Glad that you have.


👍
 
VBR
@sdi_03 - I knew an alien once who used the controller to drive. When he switched to a wheel he was slower & just couldn't get on with it at all. Then, he got a different wheel & was back on his normal pace. It's not always about the difference between pad & wheel that matters, but also finding a wheel that works for you. I'm Glad that you have.


👍

I think that you are right. My g29 might been broken also.
 
The article I read a week or two ago about Turismo Lester showed him sitting in front of a G29, and I’ve also seen Tidgney using one, so they can’t be that bad.
I thought he said the G29 was Igor Fraga’s wheel of choice also. It’s a great wheel, nothing wrong with it.
 
Which ones do you have?

Both Project Cars games, multiple F1 games, Assetto Corsa, and Dirt Rally. Assetto Corsa does the best job, GTS is the worst. But I have the most fun playing GTS.

I also use it in Mudrunner but that’s a pretty niche game lol.
 
IMO - pedal throw & resolution are the most important part of a wheel, especially on a game like GTS which has a non-linear throttle.

Picking up those last lap-time thousandths are going to come from your trail braking technique and throttle modulation. Way more important than FFB feel and gizmos like tactile transducers.

I’m a G29 fanboy but that’s my main complaint with all the low and midrange wheels. When your pedal travel is about an inch and you’ve got deadzones on either side of it - it’s very difficult to be consistent. But again, the decision to use a non-linear throttle was absolutely damning to wheels in GTS, and you can’t blame the hardware for this.

In any case, my G29 has piloted me to all of my hundreds of Sport Mode wins and I do love the wheel, and readily recommend it. As a casual player an upgrade is not currently worth my investment.
 
Back