So my Dads getting a new car......

  • Thread starter Thread starter Powripper
  • 27 comments
  • 1,325 views
Messages
1,403
He just told me today, he is Going to get the New BMW M5 (to replace the 2001 he has) when it comes out (some time this summer I think) I'm sorry I had to go and make a whole thread on it.....but I'm so Friggin exited!! Now.....hmmm, just have to think about what color to get. :dopey: :)
 
Awesome. :D You're gonna be able to drive it, I hope.

Get a silver one. 👍
 
skip0110
Awesome. :D You're gonna be able to drive it, I hope.

Get a silver one. 👍

well he lets me drive the 2001 M5, so i'm guessing he will let me drive this one :D

p.s. i'm gonna take tons of pics when he gets it 👍 👍
 
Why not talk about our old men's rides, while we're at it? :p

My father currently has a 2002 Audi A6 Quattro and a 2004 BMW M3 Convertible, Silver Grey Metallic over Imola Red. SMG-II and 19'' optional wheels, I'm almost jealous. :)
 
My Dad has a silver 2001 Volvo S80 2.9 that he bought brand new. It now has over 66k miles on it.
 
powripper
well he lets me drive the 2001 M5, so i'm guessing he will let me drive this one :D

They really are beautiful cars and currently one of my favorite sedans. I like the look of 2001 M5 way better than the new 5 Series design.
 
MrktMkr1986
My Dad has a silver 2001 Volvo S80 2.9 that he bought brand new. It now has over 66k miles on it.

hey! I have a Volvo S80 too!! mines a 99 T6 though and its black, I also have put some money into it so it putting out over 300hp :)
 
I think mine still has his 745i. He's been looking, but I don't think he's pulled the trigger on anything yet. Don't see him much anymore, so I'm not totally sure. Anyway, its a Black '02, first year of the "Bangle" and "i-Drive", both of which I love. Thats his everyday car, and he also has a '73 TR6 for those fun days. He's had that forever, and I don't think will ever get rid of it.

Hilg
 
a6m5
They really are beautiful cars and currently one of my favorite sedans. I like the look of 2001 M5 way better than the new 5 Series design.

I like certain things about both, i'm glad my dad got it in imola red, in my opinion its the best color on the M5, here is a pic:
 
PunkRock
Why not talk about our old men's rides, while we're at it? :p

My father currently has a 2002 Audi A6 Quattro and a 2004 BMW M3 Convertible, Silver Grey Metallic over Imola Red. SMG-II and 19'' optional wheels, I'm almost jealous. :)

No freakin' way! My aunt owns a M3 Convertible from 2004! But her's is a red one.

Uncle owns a 2003 Porsche Boxster S.

Everyone in the January Conversational forum already knows what I own.
Might as well post my sis' as well. An Acura Legend.
 
powripper
.....in my opinion its the best color on the M5
In my opinion, there is only one color any M5 should come in. BLACK. Sure, they look ok in other colors. But black just has that evil, menacing look, yet elegant at the same time. Just like the car itself. It can be a nice 5 person cruiser, easy daily driver. But, romp on it, and its all fireballs and brimstone. Any year M5 I always prefer in Black.

Hilg
 
JNasty4G63
In my opinion, there is only one color any M5 should come in. BLACK. Sure, they look ok in other colors. But black just has that evil, menacing look, yet elegant at the same time. Just like the car itself. It can be a nice 5 person cruiser, easy daily driver. But, romp on it, and its all fireballs and brimstone. Any year M5 I always prefer in Black.

Hilg
Agreed. The old M5 actually looks a little meaner than the new 2005 one.
 
JNasty4G63
In my opinion, there is only one color any M5 should come in. BLACK.
Hilg

:lol:

And I was thinking silver. At least, we all can agree on the car.
 
i prefer the newer m5, also most of the stereotypical bmw drivers cant afford the new one yet :lol:
 
powripper
hey! I have a Volvo S80 too!! mines a 99 T6 though and its black, I also have put some money into it so it putting out over 300hp :)

Nice. :) 👍
Does it have boost controllers, or did you "bleed" the turbos?
 
MrktMkr1986
Nice. :) 👍
Does it have boost controllers, or did you "bleed" the turbos?

I actually bought a ECU ME7 upgrade from IPD, which they claim to boost power to about 302 hp and 340 lb-ft of torque, :)
 
powripper
I actually bought a ECU ME7 upgrade from IPD, which they claim to boost power to about 302 hp and 340 lb-ft of torque, :)

That's cool. 👍
So with a boost controller you should be able to squeeze even more power out of it! :sly:
 
My dad drives an Au Ford Falcon Forte Wagon, jealous?:odd:
 
Radicool02
My dad drives an Au Ford Falcon Forte Wagon, jealous?:odd:
No , since we've a BMW 528i , leather seats a, phone and gps in it , it's so comfotable :D
We owned a bmw m3 '94 but we sold it.
 
You know what Zsolt, you suck!:sly:
 
Or as much as I do...

Try a Citroen AX 1.4ltr D..Pimping...
 
What about buying a Mercedes E55 AMG??? although it has 25 HP less its massive torque eliminates the M5...and in my opinion it is by far better looking....
 
my dad drives 3 cars a 2000 hyundai tiburon just getting around town, a 1997 ford contour going on longer trips, and a ford earostar when he is picking up supplyes and we also used to toe our speed boat when we had it for like a year n a half. his first car was a chevy nomad with big fat drag wheels on the back and engine things on it. and my grampa owns a navigator with 20 inch rims i suggested the last time i had seen him about 1 hear and a half ago
 
My father is about to have his 1958 Hillman Minx back with a fully built 350 producing 500-700 hp. That's gonna be fun.
 
Dorifto
My father is about to have his 1958 Hillman Minx back with a fully built 350 producing 500-700 hp. That's gonna be fun.
Interestingly enough, that was my mom's first car.
(Without the 350)
 
Both my parents, and myself for that matter, all drive 4x4 GMC 1/2 ton pickups. Dad's is an '00, mom's is an '02 and mine is an '85. Mine is not much for corner-carving but its alot of fun in the mud...

Dorifto
My father is about to have his 1958 Hillman Minx back with a fully built 350 producing 500-700 hp. That's gonna be fun.

Got any Minx pix?
 
Back