So now that there is a reporting system....

  • Thread starter Thread starter Oswald07
  • 6 comments
  • 1,151 views
Messages
181
Canada
Canada
Messages
Oswal07
So now that there is a reporting system what happens when we report bad drivers? I went from an SR B to a D on Nurnburgring today. I was just trying to race clean and competitive. I finally broke 30,000 DR and really needed to get SR A so for the first time ever I could see DR A. People dive bomb the first corner usually hitting me and giving me a penalty. Then when I passed them they would give me another couple bumps and more penalties.

Maybe the ring just has too many heavy breaking zones that give the unskilled a perceived opening to dive bomb. A Mustang with YOU LOSE written on the back came from 1.8secs back to smash me through the final chicane after I cleanly passed him. Was just really frustrating today. I'm sure its hard for a game to assign blame when even human race stewards make controversial calls. I guess I'm just venting or I just wish people weren't such dicks all the time.
 
Last edited:
You're right not to expect the game to assess penalties correctly. I had a race where I got a clean driving bonus, and a red sportsmanship rating at the end. I think it's probably impossible to to create the software that gets it right every time, when it comes to contact.
But sometimes it evens out. There are a lot of times that I know I deserved a penalty and didn't get one.
 
One of the folks on this forum got a temporary ban. I've forgotten what it was for, but it's the one and only time I've read that anyone got reported and punished.
 
But I think the ban was for the pit lane hack. I just think I don't need a penalty when I'm in 5th position and I slow enough to not hit people into the first corner and then I get a 2 second penalty. I'm sure anyone that plays this game has similar experiences. Or drag racing someone down the main straight and they just keep on nudging you and you get a penalty. The really obvious stuff that the game should be able to assess fault that is so annoying.
 
I've just come to expect this kind of driving from the people at SR B. Even at SR A there are plenty of people who will punt once or twice in a race to gain advantage.
 
So just a bit of an update. Yesterday I finally reached SR A and I already had enough DR to reach A. Then a clean race with A's on Suzuka and I'm an AS driver. I don't think I've ever played a game were success was harder fought or more satisfying. To win a race on this game you have to be good and sometimes you have to be lucky. But when it all comes together there are few things in the video game world quite like it. And I think its all the frustration that makes it the most gratifying. The jerks, rammers, cheaters, and imperfect penalty system are just obstacles that must be faced to be successful in this game.
 
Back