so pissed off

  • Thread starter Thread starter xtreme26
  • 17 comments
  • 1,300 views
Messages
6
ok, so i left my ps2 on for 12 hours now for the 24hour nurburgring race. i com bak to check on it, an im in the pit, an the menu was ther. it was waiting for me to press ok. i check my position, an im in 3rd, lapped 5 times by the leader. before i was like 3 laps ahead of the leader :grumpy: so pissed off, is there a way to make the computer press ok by itself, instead of us clickin ok on that menu whenever the car pits?
 
if you don't press ok, it should wait for a few seconds, then start to do its work and come out from the pits automatically. probably your car is losing ground anyway and you just caught it sitting in the pit waiting for that few seconds (i think around 10?). I left my 24 hr on its own without doing anything.

or, you may have run into the problem where other people are facing also. that is the B-spec driver will turn into the wall and crash and lose time...

or, you may have found another glitch....
 
:boggled: yea it must of been those glitches where the b spec driver reverses, then goes bak into the wall, then reversing an then going bak to the wall :grumpy: DAMMIT, errrr i dont want to have to leave my ps2 on for another 24 hours
 
Well you don't have to you can stay with it and go 3x it will take bout 10hr incuding pit time I think i did this for the first 7 hrs and then left it over night, came back from school and it was going through my million hehe
DJ
ps the Le Mans track is proving to be more difficult on B-Spec damn it
 
never happenned to me. i ran the RING 24hrs 5 times already (trying to get all the F1s) and I had no problem leaving it on for the whole day.
 
xtreme26
:boggled: yea it must of been those glitches where the b spec driver reverses, then goes bak into the wall, then reversing an then going bak to the wall :grumpy: DAMMIT, errrr i dont want to have to leave my ps2 on for another 24 hours
Some things to look at before trying again:

(1) What car are you using?
(2) What setting are you using?
(3) What is the skill level of your driver?

The lowest I ever did the 24Nurburgring was with a fully upgraded Viper (the Toyota "Minolta" from 200Mile El Capitan is of course MUCH better), 4000-5000 B-spec points (not sure about the breakdown), and running the race on 3. I saw the Viper spin out fairly bad just before hitting the pit a few times, but it did not matter. The victory was by only 1.5 laps, and I made a killing on B-spec points at that time (never happened again though). After that I used the Minolta for "cash making". The Viper wins the 200Mile easily. And if you want that Viper cheap, just run the Chrysler Crossfire race to win it. :cheers:
 
I've seen and incredibly comical A.I. mistake. Running the Nurburgring 4 hour race in B-Spec the first time to get a feel for the track layout and the leading car, a Lotus Elise 111R and the second place car, the Renault Clio Sport V6 Phase 2, would nearly always miss the pit on the lap when they have to come in for tires giving me the lead in the next lap. The A.I. also has no sense of time because they will just avoid the pits sometimes when they should come in but because the A.I. was programmed for much shorter tracks, they think they can just come in on the next lap.
 
yea i think i got so behind cuz of that stupid glitch, but i thing i forgot to do is change my tires, i forgot to use super hard tires/hard tires, now im stuck with meduim and these tires go out pretty fast. about 1 hour ago i was 5 laps behind the leader, now im 3 laps, and hav about 10 hours more to go, btw im using the black lm r92 nissan race car, another thing that gets me mad is that whenever my car pits, it goes back to 1x
 
xtreme26
yea i think i got so behind cuz of that stupid glitch, but i thing i forgot to do is change my tires, i forgot to use super hard tires/hard tires, now im stuck with meduim and these tires go out pretty fast. about 1 hour ago i was 5 laps behind the leader, now im 3 laps, and hav about 10 hours more to go, btw im using the black lm r92 nissan race car, another thing that gets me mad is that whenever my car pits, it goes back to 1x
I'm afraid there's not much you can do at this point. Changing tires would probably have done the trick.

For now, if you are able to, you might want to "actively manage" your driver as much as possible. Asumming you don't already know it, that is: Wnter the turns at a low number and once the car has slowed down raise the number up high (often 5) until you see the next turn in the horizon, then it's back down. This should help you regain the distance so that you win the race. You will need to get a feel for how low/high you need to go for each kind of turn.
 
I'm with Sti04. I'm trying to collect all the F1's. I have 9 now and am only missing one. Of the 9 times I've done the 'ring 24 hour and the 1 time for each of the other 24 hour races, I've let my b-spec do 11 24 hour races and I've had no problems. Sorry to hear of yours. :(
 
The Japanese version has a glitch where sometimes it forgets to start refueling and changing tires. I left my ps2 on overnight and the AI sat in the pits for 6 hours, costing me the race of course. However, my Korean version of the game (the last version released) has never had this problem.
 
doesn't that problem happen if you start the race in a-spec and then change to b-spec then b-spec just sits there waiting for you to hit ok.

in the pal version when running in b-spec the dialog sits there for a few secs, but does dissappear.

at least that's my understanding of the problem ?

though if you're running the japanese version, then speedy_samurai is right ?

laters
 
i did Nurburgring 24h for my very first B-Spec usage in a Chevy Camaro LM car and it won easily. I still use that camaro if i B-Spec that race again for the F1. it's such an awesome car.
 
Toronado
It's a shame that Honda's gone soft. First they kill the CRX, then the Del Sol, then the Prelude. Now they tamed the S2000 and aren't going to redo the NSX. All it needs is 50 more HP and it could lay waste to Ferrari's yet again. WHY HONDA? WHY?!
Did you know that a RX-7 is better than a RX-8? And that the 300ZX is better than the 350Z?
They call GT4 the "Real Driving Simulator" but the Mercedes CLK-GTR doesn't flip on the hill at the end of the Mulsanne? For shame Polyphony Digital.
Just thought I'd point out that saying the RX-7 is "better" than the RX-8, or the 300ZX is "better" than the 350Z is a bit odd. They may be faster/more powerful on paper, and perhaps even in RL, but "better" is a very vague and subjective term. In many respects the RX-8 is "better" than the RX-7, the gearbox for one, the engine is more reliable, yet the RX-7 is faster overall. Which one is "better" is really a matter of personal opinion.

Anyway, just felt the need to point that out :)
 
xtreme26
ok, so i left my ps2 on for 12 hours now for the 24hour nurburgring race. i com bak to check on it, an im in the pit, an the menu was ther. it was waiting for me to press ok..


Where are you located? I'm wondering which version of the game you have: PAL or NTSC.
 
NTSC, but today i woke up, turnedo n the tv and saw my credits racking up :D, i came 1st, an it only took 22 hours in real world time, but thanx for the advice u guys, btw i got the dam yellow and green f1
 
ZeratulSG
Just thought I'd point out that saying the RX-7 is "better" than the RX-8, or the 300ZX is "better" than the 350Z is a bit odd. They may be faster/more powerful on paper, and perhaps even in RL, but "better" is a very vague and subjective term. In many respects the RX-8 is "better" than the RX-7, the gearbox for one, the engine is more reliable, yet the RX-7 is faster overall. Which one is "better" is really a matter of personal opinion.

Anyway, just felt the need to point that out :)

"300ZX is "better" than the 350Z"

I know i just laughed out loud at that one. Toronado, youve never driven both cars before have you? Didnt think so moron.
 
wolf8218
"300ZX is "better" than the 350Z"

I know i just laughed out loud at that one. Toronado, youve never driven both cars before have you? Didnt think so moron.
Yeah well no need to call the guy names, but my point wasn't which is better or worse, but rather that broad sweeping statements like that are very subjective, and often inaccurate.
 
Back