So still not fixed?

  • Thread starter Thread starter GamerHugo
  • 9 comments
  • 2,020 views
Messages
33
Messages
GamerHugo
I took a small break from this game because I was bored of racing by myself and I yet I still find online to be unplayable due to being disconnected from every online race I join, even when I create my own room.

Any updates or something? When will this be fixed? I mean its not like they've had years to prepare for this.. >_>
 
It must be just your connection because mine doesn't need "fixing".
 
I'm having no problem with other games... :S

My internet is just fine by the looks.
 
I'm having no problem with other games... :S

My internet is just fine by the looks.


A little more information may find a solution to your problem; there are a lot of very clever people on GTP that may well be able to help.

Things like

Location, ISP, Speed of connection (10MB), full details of how you’ve got your PS3 connected Nat type. Any others.

I have noticed with this new setup, looks like if there is no traffic between you and the server for a given time you drop out and have to reconnect, but as far as losing connection when racing in your lounge, the connection seems fine.

Phillip.
 
I also have the same problem.

First of all, it takes 3 minutes to check the network environment, then takes another 3-4 minutes to join a room, and if this is successful (failure rate about 80 percent), next thing I know, I'm disconnected after 1 minute of racing.

Also, there is almost no rooms that show more than 3 bars in connection quality. In fact most of them have 0 bars!

I don't think I have a connection problem, because I've been playing FIFA 10&11, GT5P, and Uncharted 2 online for almost 2 years, and I almost never faced any problems regarding disconnections or slow connections. GT5 online is simply unplayable though.

DL: 15mbps, UL 2mbps, ping: 15ms, NAT Type=2
 
Same problem:

Sometimes I get in, sometimes I can't get in and if I can get in I'm disconnected after a minute. It says the connection with the server is lost and then I am automatically transported to the GT home screen (first page when you start up GT5).
When I tried to play GT5 prologue I actually had the same problem.

router: sitecom wl-607
modem: corinex AV200 enterprise
Connection speed: 100 Mbps
NAT-type 3
 
Same problem:

Sometimes I get in, sometimes I can't get in and if I can get in I'm disconnected after a minute. It says the connection with the server is lost and then I am automatically transported to the GT home screen (first page when you start up GT5).
When I tried to play GT5 prologue I actually had the same problem.

router: sitecom wl-607
modem: corinex AV200 enterprise
Connection speed: 100 Mbps
NAT-type 3

From what you have written your NAT type jumps out as an initial problem. I assume you are using a wireless router?

You need NAT 1 (wired only connection) or NAT 2 (wireless). NAT 3 says that the correct ports are not open for you PS3.

Just google NAT type PS3 and you will find tons of guides on how to change NAT type.

Hope this helps.
 
i have never had a problem with online apart from the first couple days it came out, now its fine every race havnt been kicked in ages. my ps3 is hard wired to the internet thinks this makes a big differance,
 
I had this problem as well, and it was all down to my router settings. My router ( Asus ) was handing out priorities to certain applications in order to organize and control bandwidth usage.

P2P, online gaming, browser downloading etc. all had their own percentage and priority of bandwidth and this little feature was the cause for me getting kicked out of GT5 online and Battlefield Bad Company 2 (punkbuster kicked me numerous times in Bad Company 2 for packet loss, that's why I checked the router settings).

When I turned the priorities off, I didn't get booted from GT5 online or Bad company 2.

Since there are millions of routers outthere, yours might have some weird settings as well and playing around with the settings might fix your problem just like it did for me.
 
From what you have written your NAT type jumps out as an initial problem. I assume you are using a wireless router?

You need NAT 1 (wired only connection) or NAT 2 (wireless). NAT 3 says that the correct ports are not open for you PS3.

Just google NAT type PS3 and you will find tons of guides on how to change NAT type.

Hope this helps.
Yes I already googled NAT-type and I can't seem to get NAT-type 1 or 2. I opened ports, enabled Upnp, did something with dmz, downloaded the latest firmware, tried to set up a static ip-adress (which didn't succeed) and now I'm searching for other solutions. Currently Ive detached the router and only have connection with the modem, so no PS3. But I wanted to find out if I can change things in my modem to get that NAT-type 1 or 2. It's a wired router BTW.
 
Back