So, The Top Gear Track online then.....

  • Thread starter Thread starter jcmc
  • 3 comments
  • 756 views
Messages
118
Messages
jcmc968
Barring three weeks of holiday away over the Xmas period I have played GT5 pretty much everyday since release, including a stint online usually of oh, maybe an hour or more each session.

I still find a lot of frustration online as I have posted previously but am starting to find better races with better user etiquette. Except for The Top Gear Track. I have yet to actually start a race on this circuit online, there's something about it that makes people drive about like arses scattering cones, hosts included. Thus something that is flagged as Free Run & Race never gets to the Race stage and you end up leaving the room in frustration.

The thing is I imagine it might be terrible anyway with shortcuts and cones but it would be nice if just once I could experience an online race there.

Anyone else have much luck?
 
Barring three weeks of holiday away over the Xmas period I have played GT5 pretty much everyday since release, including a stint online usually of oh, maybe an hour or more each session.

I still find a lot of frustration online as I have posted previously but am starting to find better races with better user etiquette. Except for The Top Gear Track. I have yet to actually start a race on this circuit online, there's something about it that makes people drive about like arses scattering cones, hosts included. Thus something that is flagged as Free Run & Race never gets to the Race stage and you end up leaving the room in frustration.

The thing is I imagine it might be terrible anyway with shortcuts and cones but it would be nice if just once I could experience an online race there.

Anyone else have much luck?

Ive raced it a couple of times, Room owners should make it mandatory for the driving line to be on IMO, but due to the runway & how wide it is its like a perfect skid pan to have a bit of fun on. In fact i usually only enter a TGTT race/event if i feel like mucking around.
 
Not one of my favorite tracks, even when people behave themselves.
 
The thing is I imagine it might be terrible anyway with shortcuts and cones

Without penalties set yes...with penalties set no it stings you very hard for shortcuts on this track some of the worst ive seen IMO

Try to find friends and run a shuffle race set to around 2 or 3 ratio and you'll be suprised, enjoyed a race with these settings and with us all been friends who understood racing ettiquite (No stupid inside dives, heavy shunting etc) the gap between 1st and 9th was less then 1 second and the race lead changed hands more then 7 times and the closest and most enjoyable last corner ive ever had ( almost 2 banks of 3 wide trying to get the power down to cross the line 1st..4th place in last corner won..Me :D )

I would say try to find a server thats well run and racing ettiquite respected and send some friend requests to the good drivers for future enjoyable online gaming I gained from no friends to 14 in less then a week thanks to this
 
Back