So this is what force feedback actually feels like…

• Thread starter Tekku
  • 12 comments
Sweden
Umeå
I just decided to take a short break from GT7 after having spent nearly 300 hours with it since launch. GT has always been my reference point when it comes to playing with wheels and I’ve always enjoyed them without much understanding about how other games feel. I bought a direct drive wheel this time around and even though I was impressed with how GT7 felt it didn’t really represent the step forward that I was expecting.

So hearing a lot about the physics of ACC I decided to give it a try… and o’boy did I not expect this sensation. First of all the wheel responds to all the bumps in the road with such a intuitive feeling, especially when cornering. I love those small ”pulses” you feel when you try to wrestle the car through a high-speed corner. Curbs are also very direct in feel and overall there’s this gradual use of force that’s not really there in GT7 which is so helpful when you want to alter the steering angle. There’s just so much detail there that it’s hard to explain exactly what’s happening; you just know that your brain is having a much easier time processing every sensation you get from the wheel.

I’m now concidering upgrading my pedals as well to see what new experiences I can gather from there. But yeah, for anyone that wants to put their wheel to the test this is a truly great game to do that. My mind was simply blown away. 🥳

Last edited:
Ive tried playing GT7 with my CSL DD + DriveHub but its lacking big time compared to ACC on the PC. Using my wheel trough the DriveHub probably doesnt help either but also GT7 just no where close to the physics and FFB of ACC. The wheel just feels so alive you can really feel everything in ACC where in GT7 its just numb.

Last edited:
I recently bought Competizione and have only done a bit of driving on it due to time constraints. Yesterday I had the good fortune to find a copy of the first game. I did a bit of play time with it in career and yeah, between these two, I feel that GT7 will see less time for me as well.

What FFB Settings would you Guys advise to use on PS5 with the CSL DD Wheelbase?
Both for in Game and Wheelbase Settings.
And would you say it’s better to turn off Road Effects at all?!
I‘m a bit overwhelmed 😅

I just decided to take a short break from GT7 after having spent nearly 300 hours with it since launch. GT has always been my reference point when it comes to playing with wheels and I’ve always enjoyed them without much understanding about how other games feel. I bought a direct drive wheel this time around and even though I was impressed with how GT7 felt it didn’t really represent the step forward that I was expecting.

So hearing a lot about the physics of ACC I decided to give it a try… and o’boy did I not expect this sensation. First of all the wheel responds to all the bumps in the road with such a intuitive feeling, especially when cornering. I love those small ”pulses” you feel when you try to wrestle the car through a high-speed corner. Curbs are also very direct in feel and overall there’s this gradual use of force that’s not really there in GT7 which is so helpful when you want to alter the steering angle. There’s just so much detail there that it’s hard to explain exactly what’s happening; you just know that your brain is having a much easier time processing every sensation you get from the wheel.

I’m now concidering upgrading my pedals as well to see what new experiences I can gather from there. But yeah, for anyone that wants to put their wheel to the test this is a truly great game to do that. My mind was simply blown away. 🥳

Finally played this for several hours last night after purchasing a few weeks back. Was enjoying gt7 and it felt different/odd when I gave it 20 mins blast the other week.

**** me, what an experience. Feedback is insane... in a positive way. I'm using 8nm dd gtbpro. Cars actually easier to drive imo, compared to gt7, more intuitive, less 'surprises'. When you lost control, it was clear why, no questioning physics.

I imagine this game will take longer to master, but it's great fun. Nowhere near as difficult as I expected to get somewhat to grips with it... perhaps as closer to real car performance? I'm a very average driver, so can dial down ai skill level to start with and nudge up as i progress. Think I'm going to be spending a lot of time in this. Downloaded all the dlcs. Looking forward to starting BMW career, gt4 and progress up to gt3 if I earn it...

Immersion is another level compared to anything I've played before. As I completed more laps in training, pushing car harder as confidence grew, you get into this flow/trance and just want to keep lapping and lapping. So rewarding.

Last edited:
What FFB Settings would you Guys advise to use on PS5 with the CSL DD Wheelbase?
Both for in Game and Wheelbase Settings.
And would you say it’s better to turn off Road Effects at all?!
I‘m a bit overwhelmed 😅
These are the recommend settings for CSL DD on ACC from the fanatec forum i would just start with that. They are for PC but i think it should be quite simular on the PS5.

And yes, road effects on 0.

CSL DD
(Compatibility Mode recommended)
Tuning Menu Settings:
SEN 1080
FF 100
FFS Peak
NDP 20
NFR Off
NIN 3
INT 4
FEI 100
FOR 100
SPR 100
DPR 50
BLI User Preference
SHO 100
BRF User Preference

In-Game Settings:
Steer lock: 1080
Gain: 70
Min Force: 0
Dynamic Damping: 100
Road Effects: 0

Last edited:
These are the recommend settings for CSL DD on ACC from the fanatec forum i would just start with that. They are for PC but i think it should be quite simular on the PS5.

And yes, road effects on 0.

CSL DD
(Compatibility Mode recommended)
Tuning Menu Settings:
SEN 1080
FF 100
FFS Peak
NDP 20
NFR Off
NIN 3
INT 4
FEI 100
FOR 100
SPR 100
DPR 50
BLI User Preference
SHO 100
BRF User Preference

In-Game Settings:
Steer lock: 1080
Gain: 70
Min Force: 0
Dynamic Damping: 100
Road Effects: 0
Thanks Shootah. I just tried these and they feel pretty good to be honest.
Prior to this I used the Fanatec recommended Settings for PS4/PS5
75E4A754-E54E-415C-A4DD-BCDD907BB2F7.png

Your recommendation seem to be the one for PC but to be honest they feel very good.
Different than the ones for PS4/PS5 but I like the PC ones more.
The Wheel feels less notchy and smoother with the PC Settings.
On the other side with the PS4/5 Recommendation I get a bit more tire Detail but overall they are not as precise as the PC ones.
I had to turn the Gain down to around 38-40 though.
Otherwise it’s too much wrestling the Wheel.
Overall I’m pretty satisfied, thanks Man 👍

Last edited:
So, I found my way to this forum to share the same experience.

I downloaded ACC after getting a recommendation from a friend and I was blown away. I felt more in one lap, than I've ever felt in ANY GT game ever. I was both amazed and disheartened because it showed me how little effort PD put into GT7.

I felt more in one lap, than I've ever felt in ANY GT game ever. I was both amazed and disheartened because it showed me how little effort PD put into GT7.

Completely agree...

Bit of a rant and bash at gt below that doesn't need read. But left here anyway.

I played gt right up until gt sport where I just couldn't play it anymore. One of the things that annoyed me was in the GTsport beta fb was looking like it would be improving then in the official release it just became downgraded, dull.

With regards to driving ACC is and feels a lot better in many respects and more of a sim. Whereas gt is still a arcade no matter what PD tries to say.

Been a GT fan since I was 18 years old from the first title in 1997, so I have always afforded some level of forgiveness and willingness to overlook some flaws. I too experienced what ffb really should feel like when AC cane out...to the point I tried desperately to start up a league using it as our platform. Didn't have the staying power due to the limited online community. So Naturally, despite the dull ffb, GTSport did offer the online community, esports aspect, the custom livery editor, and the best replay features out there. This consumed my time and interest with occasional sessions being given to AC for the driving pleasure.

Then comes GT7: A completely unfinished and unpolished mess. The very things that made you overlook the flaws of the ffb and physics before, are now missing.... ei, the limited lobby features, now limited replay features, online instability, and still capped at 16 player lobbies. For me it now heightens my awareness of GT's defiencies. It still does some things well, but imo, not enough. Before it catered to the casual and the serious racers alike....it now feels like the serious are being left in the cold and is now catered only to the casual gamer.
I Host two very competitive league series, that has had great participation and interest for the last 3 years and continues to hold strong despite the hurdles on GT7. However, our Porsche season is coming to a close at the end of August. I have sourced a PS5, and begun to dabble in ACC....and wow...what an immersive experience all around. On PS4, it did not do this title justice, but on PS5..wow. Only 3 things are holding me back from moving my Porsche series to ACC: No real replay feature, a minimal livery editor, and trying to persuade enough GT7 drivers to jump ship and purchased ACC for the league. I'm giving PD to the end of August to give me enough features to overlook some of the other flaws.....but, ACC really is starting to look that good. You cannot compare the feel of the wheel, the visceral sound that comes from the cars, and the banging on the Chassis when you hit sausage curbs...and I could keep going. To me, not having the extensive livery editor and replays are seeming quite easy to overlook...and I'm already trying to figure out how to pitch the idea to transition to this awesome title. And I still have alot to dig into.

Last edited:
With regards to driving ACC is and feels a lot better in many respects and more of a sim. Whereas gt is still a arcade no matter what PD tries to say.
I'm ok with GT providing a lower barrier of entry for casual enthusiasts. I'm ok with the game being less punishing when it comes to vehicle dynamics. But at the very least, let us feel something through this $800 SIMULATION wheel you advertised. It's damn near false advertising.

Hi, I have to say I really like gt7,I tend to race online,daily races ,so I don't know much about the lobby's.
Am going to give ACC another try, would the above settings be OK on ps4 using a thrustmaster T300?

Back