So what do I need to play GT4P on my US PS2?

• Thread starter black300zx
  • 3 comments
Besides the game of course!! I have the updated version with the built in IR port and progressive DVD playback.

Is there a disk (like GameShark) to boot up the system and them play the game? I don't want to open the PS2 to do the mod chip.

you can try a slide card or flip top with the swapmagic 3.0 discs, that should allow you to choose a different region

300z, I have a flip top,you can buy one at modmonster.com I ordered my gt4p from lik-sang. The flip top comes with the loading disks to play dvd backups and import games. It is very simple and works very good.

You just need the swap disk version 2.0 DVD version and a slide card to play.

Getting a v3.0 is only good for a CD and doing PAL-NTSC or NTSC-PAL conversions which won't help you since GT4-P is a DVD.

If you don't want to void your warranty, you should just get the slide card. But, if you don't care about that, get the flip top.

I assume you are playing in the US and want GT4:P of course. If you want to play GT4:P on a PAL machine, the only thing I can think of, is getting a TV tuner card to convert the signal, that's what I do to play WRC3 which is a PAL game on my NTSC machine.

Back