So whats going on with playseat ?

• Thread starter DriveSpark
  • 9 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Thoughts on this then.. thinking of getting a playseat challenge. box.co.uk has them for £135, but are out of stock. Amazon, Argos, Currys and anywhere else you can think of want £150, they are also all out of stock and have no idea when they will be able to get any more. Amazon germany also out of stock (checked out of interest).

The only place I can find with any is the official playseat store, who want £175.

Either playseat aren't making enough to supply retailers (why?)
Or they are restricting supply to retailers in order to charge a higher price in their own shop as we run up to Christmas. Maybe thats a bit unfair to presume that, but its an odd situation.

Either way, I don't really feel like pay £40 over the odds. Don't want a permanent seat as I want to be able to pack it away and I don't see any other foldable chairs out there.

Not sure what's going on with their inventory situation, but if you can find one, it's well worth it. I also don't have space for a permanent chair and the Challenge has been the perfect solution.

Possibly they are discontinuing them for a new model to be released soon?? I got mine from new egg here in the US. Cheapest I could find since shipping was free. But since you're over seas, it might be hard to find if my theory of discontinued product is true

maybe, but it seems to have sold quite well, so what could a new version bring ?

Either way its annoying, still no stock anywhere.

maybe, but it seems to have sold quite well, so what could a new version bring ?

Well, for one, they could improve the pedal slider situation. The plastic screws are not very strong and I've had to reinforce them so that the whole pedal box doesn't get pushed away when I brake hard. Other than that, it's a pretty solid chair.

Well, for one, they could improve the pedal slider situation. The plastic screws are not very strong and I've had to reinforce them so that the whole pedal box doesn't get pushed away when I brake hard. Other than that, it's a pretty solid chair.
What pedals are you using?

I've not had that issue with mine running either T3PA or T3PA Pro pedals.

I've actually been quite surprised that they didn't move.

What pedals are you using?

I've not had that issue with mine running either T3PA or T3PA Pro pedals.

I've actually been quite surprised that they didn't move.

I'm using the G29 pedals. It's not really the pedals that are the problem, just the plastic pieces that hold the pedal slider together. Under hard braking mine has slid away several times, even with the plastic screws fully tightened. I reinforced it with some bungee cords so it's fine now, but that's the only part of my Playseat Challenge that I wish was engineered or built a bit better.

I bought one a week ago from their official store. It said to expect it in my apartment within 48 hours. I still have not had it even shipped. They said they are out of stock and waiting for their supplier to send them the supplies again. Theyre a horrible company. Their FAQ says their orders are DELIVERED within 48 hours... mine wasn't processed until 48 hours passed lol.

Picking one up from the courier tomorrow because they tried to deliver to the wrong address. Ordered from Argos 2 days ago.

We'll see how it goes...

Yeah mine was delivered yesterday ... its just confusing how they say delivery time is only 48 hours from order time... ended up being a week.

Back