So when is gt 6 going to get real engine sounds, not vacumm sounds?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Xtrmgamer1972
  • 27 comments
  • 1,973 views
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xtrmgamer1972

(Banned)
Messages
62
United States
United States
Its getting a little old, how hard is it to record real sounds of each car, how come the forza series can do it, but gt 4-6 cant do it anyone, maybe a big update to correct the engine sounds?
 
So GT1-3 had amazing sounds by comparison? :ouch:

Kaz said he was using placeholders in initial demos with the usual rubbish sounds - but no word on a "sound" update yet as far as I'm aware.
 
Good God there's so many threads on this already, just go find one, you probably wouldn't have even need to use the search bar, it wouldn't have been too hard to find.
 
no i meant all the gts had horrible sounds, how can you be so lazy on one of the most impt features in a game, you spend all this money and time on a good racing game, but ur engine sounds like a blender.
 
What's wrong with sounds? I haven't heard.
 
What's wrong with sounds? I haven't heard.
With the exception of the X1, all sounds have remained the same. And people are getting pouty about it.
 
They can't until their deal with Hoover ends, which is by 2069.
 
My jaguar xkf just started doing this crap after driving Mt. Panorama or whatever its called. Never had a problem with sound until I drifted that track.
 
My jaguar xkf just started doing this crap after driving Mt. Panorama or whatever its called. Never had a problem with sound until I drifted that track.

NashVegas, you from nashville?
 
Apparently its not about whether they recorded the sounds (they do) its the engine they use to play it back.

But honestly i'm sick of posts about this.
 
They can't until their deal with Hoover ends, which is by 2069.
Maybe they should get a deal with Dyson, they seem to know how to work a vacuum
 
6337582_0_9999.jpg_lge_v1_m56577569832446666.jpg


its not how they record the sounds, its the brand of vacuum cleaner they use. you can just use any old dyson or hoover for a V12 sound, they dont have the crackle and roar of a fisher price...
 
Don't we have a sound thread, somewhere?
 
6337582_0_9999.jpg_lge_v1_m56577569832446666.jpg


its not how they record the sounds, its the brand of vacuum cleaner they use. you can just use any old dyson or hoover for a V12 sound, they dont have the crackle and roar of a fisher price...
Oh man i know what you mean. When i hear my kid using a 1994 Fisher Price vacuum i just get weak in my knees
 
Car sounds are by far the biggest fault in the game. What's the main attraction of any Ferrari in real life?
 
Car sounds are by far the biggest fault in the game. What's the main attraction of any Ferrari in real life?

Having a Ferrari is an attraction in itself.

Just sayin'...
 
So GT1-3 had amazing sounds by comparison? :ouch:

Actually YES. I recently poped in my GT2 disc, and after I nearly drowned in nostalgia, I noticed it had damn good sounds.
 
Actually YES. I recently poped in my GT2 disc, and after I nearly drowned in nostalgia, I noticed it had damn good sounds.

Don't drown in the nostalgia pool.
 
Do people even search anymore? We have TONS of thread covering this subject, we don't need another.
 
Not agaaaain
RuYH0.gif


PD is fixing them. Some sounds are good. Change your TV/audio/game settings. Etc.
 
The Peugot 908's sound has been modified from GT5. It's better too.
 
In general sounds are better than GT5 which was better than GT4. I like the new sounds on many of the cars even though they could still be improved some sound pretty good and at this point that it low on my list of things I would like to see updated.

I have had a few instances where the sound was a bit glitching on a couple of cars. sometimes the exhaust note does not sound until after you squeal the tires the first time and in one case I was driving the Amuse R1 S2000 and 3 laps into the race the sound changed to something much different than what I had before like a fart can was added to it mid race;)
 
In general sounds are better than GT5 which was better than GT4. I like the new sounds on many of the cars even though they could still be improved some sound pretty good and at this point that it low on my list of things I would like to see updated.

I have had a few instances where the sound was a bit glitching on a couple of cars. sometimes the exhaust note does not sound until after you squeal the tires the first time and in one case I was driving the Amuse R1 S2000 and 3 laps into the race the sound changed to something much different than what I had before like a fart can was added to it mid race;)
Same here. Less wind noise and little tranny noise on the cars so far. I've mostly driven new cars and they all sound pretty good to me. Not perfect mind you, but acceptable enough for PS3.
 
Every time I'm stuck behind the AI entering a slow corner, I hear their exhaust and think, wow, what sounds amazing. All sorts of crackling and burbling going on.
WHy does it go to absolute butt as soon as the rpm start dropping?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back