So, where is the Time Trial mode?

Sorry if this has been discussed already, but I couldn´t find it right now ;)

I´m really loving this game so far (playing the PC version). However, I´m really baffled that I can´t seem to find a proper Time Trial mode. There is the Time Attack mode where can set the opponents to zero, but it doesn´t seem to permanently record my times, and has no ghost car either.

Am I missing something obvious here? Or does this game, as sweet as it is, really doesn´t have a proper time trial mode? :nervous:

Am I missing something obvious here? Or does this game, as sweet as it is, really doesn´t have a proper time trial mode? :nervous:

Unfortunately, there is no Ghost Car or Time Trial Mode like in GTR etc. EA sort of went only halfway toward a typical "Sim" where you can look at telemetry to improve your times and check your tuning. 👎

When you consider how important the correct tuning is for the upper level cars in this game it is a glaring omission.

I've come to consider this game in the same way I would an unhealthy relationship... I put up with her abuse... because she's so 🤬 pretty! :D

What the hell, how can you not have a time trial mode in a racing game? :grumpy: Yeah, I agree, this game does a lot of things right but seems to stop halfway through. Maybe somebody comes up with a mod that lets you do time trials, which is what I mostly play racing games for...

Anyways, thanks for the reply.

I think the guy who reviewed NFS:S for Gamespot said it perfectly...

"In trying to offer something for everyone, this jack-of-all-trades racing game is unlikely to completely satisfy anybody."

Although his rating of 7.0 out of 10 was too low. I'd have to bump it up to 8. :)

I think the guy who reviewed NFS:S for Gamespot said it perfectly...

"In trying to offer something for everyone, this jack-of-all-trades racing game is unlikely to completely satisfy anybody."

Although his rating of 7.0 out of 10 was too low. I'd have to bump it up to 8. :)

I actually really love the game itself - the cars sound dirty, the graphics are great, it has the Nordschleife, has my favourite car (Mitsubishi Lancer X Evo), which is why the missing time trial mode really breaks my heart. Maybe other people don´t mind, but to me it´s like a Tetris that doesn´t display scores - to me an integral part of the game is missing. I love score and time attacks, I love beating my old records, I love constantly trying to improve.

I really wonder why such a mode is missing here, it just doesn´t make any sense since it most likely is only needs a few lines of additional code, but since I don´t like playing games online and playing against the computer doesn´t interest me in the long run either, I´m really torn on whether or not I will keep this game. :indiff: And it´s such a crying shame since it´s the most enjoyable racing game I´ve ever played, and I´m not asking for much, just a simple way to record my best times and maybe a ghost car feature...

Back