So you don't recieve a paint chip with gifted car anymore?

Messages
795
Messages
BEMBEMBOWBOW
This morning I used wasted a paint chip on an EVO, so I said hey just gift it to an alt id and gift it back. No harm, no foul.

I noticed when I gifted it to the alt, I didn't get a paint chip. When I gifted back to the main, sure enough, no paint chip.

Now, I know for a fact that I did this after 1.05 and still got the chip? Is this a glitch/fix, or are they doing updates behind the scenes?? Anyone else notice this??
 
Perhaps you didn't get a chip because it was painted? Maybe you can only recieve paint chips from cars that are in their original colour?
 
Someone gave me a Lexus Racing Concept today, didn't get the Matte Black.
 
Paint chips are only carried over with the car you gift when it's the original colour it came in (not repainted), it's been that way since GT5 came out.
Nothing to do with any update or patch.
 
Odd, I did it yesterday with a Lambo SV. Gifted to my main account, despite the car being painted a different colour, I definitely got the original Grigio Telesto paint chip when receiving it. Remember, you always get the colour the car came in originally, and if it didn't give you a chip, it never will.
 
Back