Soft vs. Medium Tire Confusion

United States
United States
FerrisBueller78x
Hello Folks,

I've been having some difficulty understanding a facet of the game. On the Gumpert Apollo, on the faretti street medium tires, I have been quite quick and able to set good consistent times. However, as soon as I switch the track-soft tires, the car becomes very unstable and slower in the corners. Is there something I'm missing?

I tuned the car with the mediums on since that was what is automatically set by the game, and I figure it picks the highest grip choice for you automatically. I've noticed this also to be a big problem on the P1. The car is undriveable with the soft tires on, but pretty manageable with the mediums.

I'm using a controller so maybe this is my issue, but shouldnt the soft tires be grippier and faster? Thats how it is in real life at least. I understand they build up more heat, but at the optimum temperature they should be grippier, even if only for a short while.

I appreciate the help!

For the road cars I think the game gives you the tyres similar to the tyres that would come with the car in real life. That's why it's giving you the road tyres. Maybe you will have to retune the car to get it to work better with the track tyres.

do you have the same fuel load with the different tiers because i know the fuel load can change the handeling on the car. butt othrt than that i do not hvave so much to say about the ptoblems you have

Could be tire temps and pressures as well. The track tires probably have a different optimal range than the street tires.

Back