Software 1.22 Update PS3 Slim 160GB

• Thread starter GT6_A3
  • 29 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hi, I have started enjoying GT6 (I have missed out over the years!) for the past few months with not updating it. I then had the urge to update after reading lots of threads! (It would freeze randomly at the end of race at the finish line of different tracks at different stages) Long story short my ps3 has been owned since new and never had a problem with it! I have tried the suggested method and resulted in formatting my ps3 today. I update one by one, enable/disable, update via the xmb menu, eject/insert disc (auto load turned off). Up to the stage of 1.08 it works like a dream! I then go for the 1.09 update and I have been left for hours on the 'Installing' page (this has happened 4/5 times before at previous stages in recent weeks)

So currently I have reformatted and stuck on the installing stage, ps3 makes the same noise over and over again and does not seem to install 1.09. 1.10 update is the documented update so I am not sure why 1.09 is causing me an issue?

Disc is pristine! Machine had an easy life and I am holding my patience haha I have watched the videos on YouTube but with no luck. I will read more on your comprehensive forum!

I love GT6 as it has the Audi A3!

p.s I have also tried updating 1-6 and then individually but with no luck. I am more than willing to give GT6 time and attention as it is an incredible game for the year! The PS3 is a timeless machine and will be continued to love.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
That's true, installation took several hours for me too. But it was on fat one.

But I agree with the game. The graphics is hard to believe on that slow machine.

Hi, that must of been great having the updates! I can't get passed 1.08, 1.09 has been left over night/during the day and no luck.

PS3 seems like a quick machine but I don't know any different haha

I read here slim has some problems. I tried it last month on fat and it was OK. A bit slow but fine.

It depends but graphics is OK even today. A bit of tearing is not good but it's not there always.

Thanks for your advice! Yes I read people installing a SSD hard drive - I will not go down that route! I just google the expression 'tearing' and have not come across this before.

I have a spare PS3 Super Slim 500 GB model - should I try to install on that unit in the same way?

It depends, like I wrote elsewhere I have just fat and slim. Fat was OK last month but installation on the slim is 5 years old. So I am not sure what is real problem with new ones but it worked before. Probably clean installation is the biggest issue and worked on the fat for sure last month.

But I hope you will succeed ;)

Hi, I am unfortunately not any further overnight. I am using a ethernet cable.

PS3 Slim software 4.87 - no luck
PS3 Super Slim S=software 4.81 still no luck.

Downloading 1-6 as recommended and then individually. The game has loads on software 1.08 and then does not want to install 1.09

Both machines are set to auto turn off after 5 hours. Does 1.09 take longer?

Please any suggestions! I know I am late in the world to try GT6 in 2021! But I love it. Thank you

It was several hours for me but I am not sure how many exactly. But it was very long for an installation :D

It's not late at all. In Forza Motorsport world it's normal to play M2 online today because of Rewards. Sad thing is Sony doesn't support GT for that long.

I will update this thread this evening haha I have loaded the ps3 and ran the installation at approx 11am.

If I turn the controller on/off it will give me another 5 hours before turning off? I will do this during the day to stop the machine turning off.

This is the only game I have had trouble with in my time!

Hi, I am unfortunately not any further overnight. I am using a ethernet cable.

PS3 Slim software 4.87 - no luck
PS3 Super Slim S=software 4.81 still no luck.

Downloading 1-6 as recommended and then individually. The game has loads on software 1.08 and then does not want to install 1.09

Both machines are set to auto turn off after 5 hours. Does 1.09 take longer?

Please any suggestions! I know I am late in the world to try GT6 in 2021! But I love it. Thank you
Select both machine to auto, To Never to turn off that what I always do.

Last edited:
Good idea! Do you know why I am having issues with 1.09 installing? What is the max time I should leave the ps3 running?
No, when it gets to update 1.09 what happens ?. Sorry I have just read your first post about it.

Go to your Options in GT6, then go to the Network to Clear System Cache, when you get to update 1.08 and see if it helps.

Last edited:
It stays on the install screen when the game loads. 'Installing... Please do not switch off the system while the HDD access indicator is flashing'

Approx 70 mins left with the bar flashing overnight and the bar has not moved.

Would you recommend turning off the media server and installing? This is what someone has said ref 1.09 update (reading on a google search)

Thanks

It stays on the install screen when the game loads. 'Installing... Please do not switch off the system while the HDD access indicator is flashing'

Approx 70 mins left with the bar flashing overnight and the bar has not moved.

Would you recommend turning off the media server and installing? This is what someone has said ref 1.09 update (reading on a google search)

Thanks
Yes turn OFF the media server.

Another idea is to go to your Options in GT6, then go to the Network to Clear System Cache, when you get to update 1.08 and see if it helps.

Last edited:
Brilliant I will try that.

Now I have turned off the PS, should I restore it using quick format again? And turn the media server and start from downloading the updates from the start?

Or turn off the media server just for 1.09? I am a novice when it comes to the PS! Thanks in advance.

Earlier this afternoon I restored the ps3 Super Slim 500gb... again

Set the auto turn off to Never/0, disabled media server from the first lot of installs. Attempted the first 1-6 and reached 1.08 update. Since 3 pm I am installing 1.09 which I have been struggling with. Please tell me how long I should keep the machine running?

I see! Thank you - 21.36 - I am based in the UK. 7 hours it has been installing 1.09, I am getting the feeling it will not work! Am I doing something wrong?

Cool, I am only two hours off. 7 hours is rather long :D But I would wait a bit. My installation was probably 4 hours only.

I did have the same problem with GTA 5 on PS3, I would recommend do not wait more than hour for sure if downloading stuck, if this is downloading stuck. Can you tell certainly is this installing holds off, or downloading?

In my case, just deleted all game data and started the process again, until it went smooth, but it is definitely takes a lot of time, like 4 hours most likely.

Edit: Worth to check out final game weight too, and free enough space, it may stuck because of this.

Last edited:
Cool, I am only two hours off. 7 hours is rather long :D But I would wait a bit. My installation was probably 4 hours only.

Where are you based? Did all of the 1.22 installations take you 4 hours or just 1.09? I wonder what will happen tomorrow morning lol I just want this game to update so I can enjoy!

Could a pristine condition disk have issues? On google very few suffer with 1.09.

Thanks for keeping an eye out on this thread!

Where are you based? Did all of the 1.22 installations take you 4 hours or just 1.09? I wonder what will happen tomorrow morning lol I just want this game to update so I can enjoy!

Could a pristine condition disk have issues? On google very few suffer with 1.09.

All of my 1.22 installations took around 5 hours to do, and that is a slow internet. When you downloaded the updates again did you do a few updates at a time ?.

Thank you all for your replies. I am forced to stop the install of 1.09 after 8 hours! I have tried one at a time, I have tried the first 6 to reach 1.08 and I am stuck on 1.09. Both machines have no data because they are restored each time I try the update process.

GT6

Last edited:
I must be crazy but I have another PS3 Slim I could try! Then last resort is a brand new sealed disc from ebay but my current copy has zero marks or any sign of being used.

Thank you all for your replies. I am forced to stop the install of 1.09 after 8 hours! I have tried one at a time, I have tried the first 6 to reach 1.08 and I am stuck on 1.09. Both machines have no data because they are restored each time I try the update process.

GT6
When that comes up the bar should start to move with in an hour, but never any longer.

Last edited:

Czech republic, it's sometimes one hour off only. It's strange it worked on fat.

Disc is not issue for sure.

No problem, my GT6 is new too and I connected my old G25 to play it.

@GT6_A3 take your PS3 around to your family member or a friends place that have the internet, and try if you can download and install update 1.09.

Hi everybody! Issue solved yesterday 1.22! :cheers: . I sourced a new sealed Anniversary edition GT6! I had no reason to change it but I thought it was worth a try after not being successful on 3 models over the Christmas period (I spent many hours!):

4.87 Slim 160GB
4.81 Super Slim
4.82 Slim 160GB

The new game has installed on 4.87 Slim 160 GB - it took approx 5 hours using the following method:

Enable internet, update each using the XMB 'Check for updates', disable internet and install - Repeat the process. I did complete a race after each update so the system had something to save.

I did not disable the media server at all or eject the disc, or clear cache through the option menu - extremely happy! I have no idea why the unmarked original disc did not do the installation - I thought 1.09 was the issue but it was the disc!

Can't wait to use this game and hopefully talk on the forum!

Last edited:
Back